Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Congrats. I wrapped the entire front of mine and all of the exterior CF. My roof got nailed by a chunk of concrete before I put film on it and it left a nice mark. I was able to remove most of it myself, however there was a definite indentation in the clear. After I put the PPF on the roof looks like new. I did the rear spoiler too because I didn't like the matte finish, and my spoiler ended up getting hit by something which the PPF did it's job. I also have to replace the PPF on one my fenders already since it took a nice hit and the film got perforated, but the paint below is undamaged.

Again, congrats on the car. It's one of the best supercars on the road.

Car is going in for PPF this week.

Met up with a buddy yesterday who has a Maclaren 650 spyder. We drove thru some twisty roads, and then swapped cars. My thoughts are that the Mac is much more of a hardcore, specialized, edgy, high-strung supercar. Excellent drive and sound, but ergonomics, creature comforts and tech are way down the list of importance at Maclaren. But boy did it make me wish the NSX came as a spyder or a targa.

It was also the first time I put my NSX into track mode. I was able to keep up with the Mac just fine, but I lost the rear end twice, but was able to easily recover as the front end pulled the car out of the slide. But still made for a nit of a "pucker" moment. I thought Track mode dialed down the traction control system, but maybe it turns it off completely? That or the stock Continental tires really suck.

Car is going in for PPF this week.

Met up with a buddy yesterday who has a Maclaren 650 spyder. We drove thru some twisty roads, and then swapped cars. My thoughts are that the Mac is much more of a hardcore, specialized, edgy, high-strung supercar. Excellent drive and sound, but ergonomics, creature comforts and tech are way down the list of importance at Maclaren. But boy did it make me wish the NSX came as a spyder or a targa.

It was also the first time I put my NSX into track mode. I was able to keep up with the Mac just fine, but I lost the rear end twice, but was able to easily recover as the front end pulled the car out of the slide. But still made for a nit of a "pucker" moment. I thought Track mode dialed down the traction control system, but maybe it turns it off completely? That or the stock Continental tires really suck.

The stock tires ]definitely hold the car back a bit. Swapping them out for some Pilot Sport Cup 2's would do amazing things for the car. Track mode dials the the Vehicle Stability Assist back however does not completely turn it off.

I"d guess it has something to do with the Conti's not being the grippiest of tires. Maybe on a 100 deg. day they'd get s little sticky...... I've not been able to push my car enough on cornering as the road surfaces here in Colorado are cool at best and I don't want to end up in a ditch. I thought that in race mode, the traction control was off but the ECU was still keeping a bit of an eye on you?

Nice to hear a real and actual comparison, vs. many comparisons by people who own one or neither of the cars that they are critiquing. Your comparison is what one would expect to hear. There's no question that the NSX is not your typical supercar. The next question, based on ""re-priced" NSX prices, is the Mac worth $100K more than what you just bought? Thanks for your comments...... I just love mine!

Glad you are having fun right away and had a nice comparo

I would guide that earlier McLarens were light on ergonomics and creature comforts. With the 720S I believe they have addressed those shortcomings (although at a very high price point)

I"d guess it has something to do with the Conti's not being the grippiest of tires. Maybe on a 100 deg. day they'd get s little sticky...... I've not been able to push my car enough on cornering as the road surfaces here in Colorado are cool at best and I don't want to end up in a ditch. I thought that in race mode, the traction control was off but the ECU was still keeping a bit of an eye on you?

Nice to hear a real and actual comparison, vs. many comparisons by people who own one or neither of the cars that they are critiquing. Your comparison is what one would expect to hear. There's no question that the NSX is not your typical supercar. The next question, based on ""re-priced" NSX prices, is the Mac worth $100K more than what you just bought? Thanks for your comments...... I just love mine!

Just one thing here, the Mac 650s is NOT $100k more, most of the ones we've seen come through here are hovering around $170k pre-owned with a few thousand miles.

I'm comparing new 2017 prices..... Average new NSX $145K? New McLaren $225K avg?? So, $80K diff? I didn't use a calculator, and made a quick generalization..... But I stand corrected. Or I should say new 2016 650S', as it appears they are not built in 17' Not a Mac expert by any means.....

My continuing theme is that at $140K, the NSX is a great supercar value. Not arguing it is the best, just a lot of car for the money.

Last edited:
I'm comparing new 2017 prices..... Average new NSX $145K? New McLaren $225K avg?? So, $80K diff? I didn't use a calculator, and made a quick generalization..... But I stand corrected.

All good - the 2017 NSX is around $150k give or take. McLaren 570 is around $225 for a mildly optioned car. 650s is mostly used models, they no longer make that car from what I understand being replaced by the 720s.

So when you said 650s, we assumed you were referring to a used car. The 650s new is a $320k car (same price range as the 720s) so that is totally different ball game :)

I saw a 720s at the local Cars and Coffee on Saturday. 400 cars at least. The car was white like my NSX and no question it was impressive. It is quite a bit further refined compared to the NSX. The hydraulic wing was really cool, but again, $350k, and totally out of my price reach at the moment...... Is it worth that much more than the NSX? Quite possibly, but if you can't afford it, then it's a moot point. It's like it's an honor for the NSX that it's being compared to these "legendary" cars with much higher values. The problem was when the NSX was the $200K MSRP prices. If you could afford a car at this price range, would one spend an additional $25K to move up to a 570 or R8? Probably so? A combination of preference and budget.......

....another car that has moved into the GOOD deal category is the 2014 Mclaren 12C spider (i would pass on early build 2012-2013 cars)
you can find deals in the 130's with low miles
very competitive in the current/crowded super car market.

....another car that has moved into the GOOD deal category is the 2014 Mclaren 12C spider (i would pass on early build 2012-2013 cars)
you can find deals in the 130's with low miles
very competitive in the current/crowded super car market.

Quite possibly a good buy, but maintenance cost is still going to be a killer.

Reliability. maintenance costs, and ownership costs are also things that I heavily considered when buying the NSX..... Of course reliability is TBD, but I think we can assume there is a good chance for reliability...... The basic cost to own a $150K+ car is expensive to begin with, but quite a bit less than the "badge" cars.....

Reliability. maintenance costs, and ownership costs are also things that I heavily considered when buying the NSX..... Of course reliability is TBD, but I think we can assume there is a good chance for reliability...... The basic cost to own a $150K+ car is expensive to begin with, but quite a bit less than the "badge" cars.....

The two press cars were over 20k miles last I checked and have had nothing but oil changes, brakes, and tires done. Those press cars get HAMMERED on too but only time will tell! Hopefully it can live up to the legend on the '91 NSX when it comes to the reliability.

20K HARD miles by the press crew. Everyone drove them hard, and a LOT of full throttle track time, so it's amazing to hear they are still running strong. It's a car that begs to be driven hard.....

Les wexner, founder of limited (victoria secret, bath and body)and great philanthropist here in central Ohio, mainly a Ferrari guy, incredible garage/banquet hall..... very cool that he has an asses exes (siri)....nsx's

Thanks for the info osus, the detailers are based in Ohio but I didn't want to assume where the project was located.

These are great cars for older folks like me and him.

I had mine out today and an older couple pulls up next to me in a Lexus ES, the lady in the passenger seat rolls down the window and yells that she loves my car. She was 70 plus or minus.

Mr. W probably connects to the Ohio built connection, I noticed one of them still has the window sticker on it.

For folks not familiar with him, here is a link to his foundation.

https://www.wexnerfoundation.org

Les wexner, founder of limited (victoria secret, bath and body)and great philanthropist here in central Ohio, mainly a Ferrari guy, incredible garage/banquet hall..... very cool that he has an asses exes (siri)....nsx's

He's got a bonkers yacht also. Saw it docked in the Bahamas few years ago. I believe it's called "Limitless".

And even with all our faults, America still remains the greatest land of opportunity......

Thank you 878, that is exactly how I feel when I see stuff like that.

I grew up in a 1500 sf raised ranch house with a single pink and blue tile bathroom.

I am very thankful for the opportunities I have had, and a few good wins under my belt.

Picked my car up today from my detailer. Car was polished, ceramic coated, and clear bra film on the front half of the car.

Feel much more confident driving it now that I don't have to worry about rock chips.

IMG_5020 by Jason Prather, on Flickr

Back