Where are all the Production deliveries ??

So, I will post this link again as it seems pertinent to the conversation: http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/acura/acura-nsx/
If you look at NSX historical figures, after the initial sales surge, maybe an average of 200 cars per year for 10 years. (too lazy to do the math).
Hearing that they are producing 1 car per day makes me wonder how long they can afford to continue making the NSX??
But...... I would guess that Acura never intended to make a profit on the car, and perhaps the real goal of the project was to show the world what Acura could achieve, not necessarily what they could sell....... Did they hit a homerun? Likely not, but I still think this is an amazing, albeit unique, display of technology, performance, and style. I marvel at my car every time I drive it. The haters and doubters gave the car a bad rap, but had it not been for them, I would not have benefitted from the huge discount I got on the car. For 2018, it puts Acura in a tough position. Keep MSRP high and risk little to no sales, or drop the price and give the appearance of surrender...... As I've said before, time will tell.
In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy mine fully. Life is short.

All of what you said is true and has been discussed many times before....people who truly want the car will buy it regardless. But it's highly unlikely and improbably that they will steal any customers from what we consider the big 4 (Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren). Customers who have their eyes on those cars will most not even give the NSX a second look for whatever reason they deem is true.

The R8 is probably the MOST likely competitor that Acura can steal customers from is our guess, just our 2 cents, no scientific data there :)

Right now for 2018 there is no time to do anything but the big eye opener will be 2019-2020 cars and watching what Acura does here may determine the life or death of this car. The car needs more options, more colors, and definitely a Type-R variant if they want to keep the spotlight on this model. If there are no changes or updates, we predict an untimely demise which is too bad since the car is a pretty awesome car!

Only positive right now is the Black Panther drives a new NSX LOL ~ only question is was that a publicity stunt since in one of the videos the engine serial number showed 0000 which means it's not a production car? Anyone else catch that?

Did they hit a homerun? Likely not, but I still think this is an amazing, albeit unique, display of technology, performance, and style. I marvel at my car every time I drive it. The haters and doubters gave the car a bad rap, but had it not been for them, I would not have benefitted from the huge discount I got on the car. For 2018, it puts Acura in a tough position. Keep MSRP high and risk little to no sales, or drop the price and give the appearance of surrender

i don't think any haters or doubters gave the car a bad rap. i think Honda gave the car a bad rap when it under delivered, overly late. then (most of) the journalists didn't help the situation any further, but their job is to test and compare to the competition. so again, not anyone's fault but the manufacturer's. the car landed where it did relative to the very heavy competition.

the NSX is a very nice car, no question. if you drive nothing faster, or just don't care about the badge on the front, you'll never want for more. personally i thought the price was fine, if the car was worth it. if the NSX ran with a 488 Ferrari, i'd pay $200k for it all day long.

the price seems to have sorted itself out. we'll see if Honda does anything in the next few years to step up the car, or adjust the MSRP. time will tell...

Only positive right now is the Black Panther drives a new NSX LOL ~ only question is was that a publicity stunt since in one of the videos the engine serial number showed 0000 which means it's not a production car? Anyone else catch that?

haven't seen the movie but i thought Lexus paid for Black Panther?

i don't think any haters or doubters gave the car a bad rap. i think Honda gave the car a bad rap when it under delivered, overly late. then (most of) the journalists didn't help the situation any further, but their job is to test and compare to the competition. so again, not anyone's fault but the manufacturer's. the car landed where it did relative to the very heavy competition.

the NSX is a very nice car, no question. if you drive nothing faster, or just don't care about the badge on the front, you'll never want for more. personally i thought the price was fine, if the car was worth it. if the NSX ran with a 488 Ferrari, i'd pay $200k for it all day long.

the price seems to have sorted itself out. we'll see if Honda does anything in the next few years to step up the car, or adjust the MSRP. time will tell...

NSX does 0-60 anywhere from 2.7-3.0 which is exactly the range of 0-60's I am finding on the 488 so it DOES run with the other cars out there. Also Acura is being very tight lipped about 2019 but I've heard lots of encouraging rumors. If even some of them are true we will all be very happy for 2019.

I came late to the 2nd Gen NSX party, so I didn't suffer through the pain and anxiety over the course of those many years that Acura flipped and flopped. I didn't even know the car existed until Nov. 4th of last year, so all those past issues were irrelevant to me and made no impact on my decision to buy the car or not. But, I can understand some people's angst with Acura/Honda...... I still think the car was panned by lots of folks, too heavy, too pricey, and a dozen other reasons, some warranted, some not. The market, by virtue of low sales, forced Acura to re-price the car with rebates and discounts. I feel that the $140k I paid for mine was a bargain for what the car provides. At this price point, the NSX is somewhat in a no man's land. It is being compared to the R8, McLaren 570s, Huracan, 488 Ferrari, etc. All of which are $60-100,000 more than the NSX....... And, in my opinion, it is leaps and bounds better than cars priced below it like the GTR, Corvette ZO6, etc. Even with some shortcomings, I will take the NSX at this price point all day long. I don't have any prior supercar experience, and can't imagine that the acceleration, or the badge, of the aforementioned cars is worth that much more??? How much faster does one need to go. I like having something unique, which the NSX certainly is.......

Last edited:
in my opinion, it is leaps and bounds better than cars priced below it like the GTR, Corvette ZO6, etc. Even with some shortcomings, I will take the NSX at this price point all day long. I don't have any prior supercar experience, and can't imagine that the acceleration, or the badge, of the aforementioned cars is worth that much more??? How much faster does one need to go. I like having something unique, which the NSX certainly is.......

i fully concur...

NSX does 0-60 anywhere from 2.7-3.0 which is exactly the range of 0-60's I am finding on the 488 so it DOES run with the other cars out there.

negative. the 488 walks away from an NSX in a drag race. same goes for the R8 Plus, Huracan, etc. it does not run with those cars. as the speed increases and lap continues, it falls father behind. the NSX is a fast car, they're all very fast cars. but some are faster than others and the NSX is not towards the top of the list, that is well documented.

the NSX did not debut to glowing reviews and overwhelming sales success. again, very well documented. dealers had to give as much as $60,000 discounts to move cars. so the question is, does Honda step up the program, or follow the playbook of the gen 1 car and let it fade away?

For me it was not worth an additional $60-100k more for .02 secs at 0-60, or 8-10mph additional top speed. And figuring that 99% of these cars will NEVER be driven at their top speed anyway. Maybe I should say that $140k is a great value rather than a bargain? I'm selling off my old vintage collector cars to finance my NSX..... Decided to do something new, fun, and exciting. But still, $140k is still a LOT of money.....

i fully concur...

negative. the 488 walks away from an NSX in a drag race. same goes for the R8 Plus, Huracan, etc. it does not run with those cars. as the speed increases and lap continues, it falls father behind. the NSX is a fast car, they're all very fast cars. but some are faster than others and the NSX is not towards the top of the list, that is well documented.

the NSX did not debut to glowing reviews and overwhelming sales success. again, very well documented. dealers had to give as much as $60,000 discounts to move cars. so the question is, does Honda step up the program, or follow the playbook of the gen 1 car and let it fade away?

And look at the price difference between the R8 V10 plus and the NSX! Nearly $40,000 more at the base price. Huracan is even worse, nearly $100k more than an NSX. If you are comparing it to cars that are 25-65% more money than you know it's a damn good car and an incredible value.

For me it was not worth an additional $60-100k more for .02 secs at 0-60, or 8-10mph additional top speed. And figuring that 99% of these cars will NEVER be driven at their top speed anyway. Maybe I should say that $140k is a great value rather than a bargain? I'm selling off my old vintage collector cars to finance my NSX..... Decided to do something new, fun, and exciting. But still, $140k is still a LOT of money.....

i agree. any car past six figures is a lot of money, half that is still a lot of money! it's all relative to one's personal bank account obviously.

most people, owners and non, seem to agree that the NSX price point should be around where you paid for your car.

the NSX is a great car. enjoy it, get your money's worth out of it... :biggrin:

And look at the price difference between the R8 V10 plus and the NSX! Nearly $40,000 more at the base price. Huracan is even worse, nearly $100k more than an NSX. If you are comparing it to cars that are 25-65% more money than you know it's a damn good car and an incredible value.

everyone compares these cars. the GTR is a lot less money than any of them, but they're all considered Supercars. they all play in the same play ground...

And just for the record, the Ferrari 488 GTB is 711 HP, and there are lots of them listed on Autotrader.com in the $300-450,000 range..... I'm sure it is a fabulous car, but I likely will never be able to afford one, so I will settle for my NSX, even if a "bit" slower...... And a quick Google search says it's 0-60 time is 3.0 secs?? Not trying to be contentious, just pointing out the facts.

I dare bet that if any of the haters were given a chance to drive the NSX they would be converted or at least quit ranting about what a horrible car it is. It drives as effortlessly as any other Honda an yet blows 95% of anything on the road away, how can that be beat? And lets not forget it's looks... It's a Beautiful Beast! To me it is the best looking supercar made I honestly like the way it looks over a 488 and even the 720s, of course if the cost was the same I would have the 720s. Anyway I love my NSX I still remember telling a girl friend back in 1992 that someday I would have one, who knew I would wait so long.

edit: you know what.. on second thought I wouldn't take the 720s over the NSX even for the same money.

Last edited:
And just for the record, the Ferrari 488 GTB is 711 HP, and there are lots of them listed on Autotrader.com in the $300-450,000 range..... I'm sure it is a fabulous car, but I likely will never be able to afford one, so I will settle for my NSX, even if a "bit" slower...... And a quick Google search says it's 0-60 time is 3.0 secs?? Not trying to be contentious, just pointing out the facts.

your record is a little off. the 488 makes 660 horsepower, almost 100 more than the NSX. it isn't particularly fast 0-to-60 as it's a rear wheel drive car. the R8, Huracan, 911 Turbo etc. are all much quicker than it (and the NSX) by virtue of their AWD systems. they're all stupid fast.

and yes, the 488 retails for significantly more money than an NSX. even significantly more than its own $250,000 MSRP. that's the value of a prancing horse badge on the front of a mid-engine car.

in the real world where 99% of people drive Camry's, Accords and Ford trucks, anything in the six figure range for a weekend car is comparable. all the Supercars will be compared to each other, that's just how it goes...

I dare bet that if any of the haters were given a chance to drive the NSX they would be converted or at least quit ranting about what a horrible car it is. It drives as effortlessly as any other Honda an yet blows 95% of anything on the road away, how can that be beat? And lets not forget it's looks... It's a Beautiful Beast! To me it is the best looking supercar made I honestly like the way it looks over a 488 and even the 720s, of course if the cost was the same I would have the 720s. Anyway I love my NSX I still remember telling a girl friend back in 1992 that someday I would have one, who knew I would wait so long.

edit: you know what.. on second thought I wouldn't take the 720s over the NSX even for the same money.

all things are relative mate. everyone likes what they like.

i don't recall anyone saying the NSX was a horrible car?

I just did a quick search on the 488, so I stand corrected. The basic point is that the NSX, even with whatever small faults it may have, is a lot of car for the money (in the $140-50K range). I think they got the basic and most important things right. Performance, handling, brakes, style, and build quality are all there....... It's hard to imagine what practical improvements that they could make for the 2019 model that would make it worth more?? Style changes? Add a wing? 4.0L and bigger turbos? How much more HP does it need? If they boost it to 700HP would people flock to it to pay $200K for it then? Will they drop the electric motors that make it the unique car that it is?? Sorry, got off topic......

And I agree, they're all stupid fast and fabulous in their own rights!!!! At some point it just becomes nit picking and personal taste...... And those of us who are fortunate to own something special like an NSX or any other supercar have certainly been blessed in life....

Last edited:
I just did a quick search on the 488, so I stand corrected. The basic point is that the NSX, even with whatever small faults it may have, is a lot of car for the money (in the $140-50K range). I think they got the basic and most important things right. Performance, handling, brakes, style, and build quality are all there....... It's hard to imagine what practical improvements that they could make for the 2019 model that would make it worth more?? Style changes? Add a wing? 4.0L and bigger turbos? How much more HP does it need? If they boost it to 700HP would people flock to it to pay $200K for it then? Will they drop the electric motors that make it the unique car that it is?? Sorry, got off topic......

And I agree, they're all stupid fast and fabulous in their own rights!!!! At some point it just becomes nit picking and personal taste...... And those of us who are fortunate to own something special like an NSX or any other supercar have certainly been blessed in life....

Acura has already come out and said they want to use more efficient batteries in the hybrid system as well as more powerful electric motors. The cost and availability of these motors and batteries has improved significantly in the last 5 years. Consider that the gas engine makes 500 of the 573 horsepower in the NSX. The rear electric motor is 47 horsepower and the front are 36 horsepower each.

If they were able to utilize more powerful motors we will see some great improvements, especially in making this car have a wicked fast 0-60, like sub 2.5. I can't see this engine and turbo setup going anywhere and if they stick with 500hp from the gas engine and can get 200hp from the 3 electric motors which I think is very realistic. I'd also love to see the performance or "R" variant have a top speed over 200 mph.

While increased overall power by using more powerful electric motors is a huge benefit. Don't forget that by using more powerful motors they can have even more powerful torque vectoring. The one place the current system can fall short is that the motors up front simply can't do their job in some of the higher speed corners. More powerful electric motors that can keep up with the 500hp from the gas engine will not only give it huge straight line speed benefits but improve on the already incredible handling.

Last edited:
Good thoughts on the electric motors. Makes sense. I think the internal combustion engine may be on the endangered species list..... It's coming. Tesla is talking about a car that will do 0-60 in less than 2.0 secs, top speed of 250 MPH, and a range of 650 miles...... (specs from memory) I envision a time when every house will have solar panels, and walls full of batteries. Everything will run off 12V high efficient lighting, and battery power will be enough to use inverters to handle ovens and dryers. This will include the ability to charge your car(s) in the garage, and probably in record time. Maybe even solar panels on the top of the car to charge as you go?? Now I'm really off topic.....

It will be interesting to see where it all ends up. I see Chevy is working on a mid engine car, and there is talk of electric motors in the front. imagine that. So, in a few years, we will all look back and see that the NSX was on the leading edge of the advancement of automotive technology.......

there's no question that petrol engines will go the way of the dinosaur eventually. if it wasn't for oil companies, they probably would have already?

i'm certain this is why Honda chose to make the new NSX a hybrid, to be a part of the leading edge of the advancement of automotive technology. i don't believe there is any question of that.

kudos to Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche and Honda for leading the way...

All of what you said is true and has been discussed many times before....people who truly want the car will buy it regardless. But it's highly unlikely and improbably that they will steal any customers from what we consider the big 4 (Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren). Customers who have their eyes on those cars will most not even give the NSX a second look for whatever reason they deem is true.

The R8 is probably the MOST likely competitor that Acura can steal customers from is our guess, just our 2 cents, no scientific data there :)

Right now for 2018 there is no time to do anything but the big eye opener will be 2019-2020 cars and watching what Acura does here may determine the life or death of this car. The car needs more options, more colors, and definitely a Type-R variant if they want to keep the spotlight on this model. If there are no changes or updates, we predict an untimely demise which is too bad since the car is a pretty awesome car!

On the Michael B Jordan thing, I believe I provided a link to a video of him in LA with a 0000 pre-production car a while ago.

When I asked about it, I was informed that he had one on order and now has a production version.

Apparently, now that he has the car, he isn't interested in being an ambassador (until the green paper flows his way).

What a snob... I thought he was better than that? Well, at least he isn’t selling the general’s insurance and icey hot like Shaq.

On the contrary, the new NSX is loved by my F-car owners, heck many of them have one if you read this thread!!! (there's like 6-pages there) but overall opinion from what I gather is they have great respect for the NSX in the sub $150k range.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...sx-wow.564444/

However.....once you get into the $250k+ price range, the Huracan and F-cars reign supreme. The only car that just absolutely KILLS everything is the McLaren 720s. We drove it back to back with the Huracan and dare we say it makes the Huracan feel "slow". For those of you who ride 1000cc+ bikes, the McLaren 720s is comparable in thrust to a Hayabusa. Honestly unless you are a pro rider the McLaren will probably beat the Hayabusa too!

^It's too bad the Mac is not a good looking car.

Looks is always subjective at end of day but when we drove the car, we found it absolutely stunning from every angle. You could stare at it for days admiring all the small details and how the car is built. Love the doors, taillights, front end, cockpit, etc. Only fault is the exhaust note is not as nice as the V10 Huracan.

the McLaren's are beautiful cars in person, the details on them are indeed amazing. and then when you drive one, it could look like a Gremlin and you wouldn't even care!

for me, it's all about the Huracan these days. i can't find fault in that car, and the Performante is the best one available...

Huracan Performante.jpg

Looks is always subjective at end of day but when we drove the car, we found it absolutely stunning from every angle. You could stare at it for days admiring all the small details and how the car is built. Love the doors, taillights, front end, cockpit, etc. Only fault is the exhaust note is not as nice as the V10 Hurrican
Completely agree with this...Looks on the 720s are one thing, but it's performance and engineering cannot be beat. The NSX's use of carbon fiber (even with all it's expensive CF options) pales in comparison to the Macs. The 720s has an all carbon fiber body. The thing barely weighs 3100lbs. I wish the NSX had an a carbon fiber body or at least more carbon fiber parts (like seats ala GT3RS). It would weigh a lot less than it currently does.

Back