When do you abandon the NSX?? Help me decide, please....may sell it.

Hugh said:
Here's a rather simple yet possibly powerful solution.

Driving shoes

Since I drive my car about 40,000 miles per year having the right shoe makes a big difference to me. The Simpsons are very very comfortable and make driving the car an absolute pleasure. I have the Accelarators in black which is a nice low key color. I got into the car yesterday with normal sneakers and it was just all wrong. The sneakers felt awkward and clumsy.

I just checked the Simpson website and the shoes are on sale right now for $70.00, they're normally $95.00. If you decide to order a pair, they run large. I wear a size 11 sneaker and I had to get the Simpsons in US size 10.

I was thinking of getting some racing shoes....do only the Simpson shoes run large?? If I wear a 9 1/2 - 10 are you saying I should order an 8 1/2 - 9??

MiamiMermaid said:
Now we're talking!! ** :biggrin: :tongue:
He was talking about coming to Michigan this weekend,,,, I will be sure to have my camera handy ! ;)

Mermi....no pictures of me dressed like that.....unless....well, nevermind. :D

NSXGMS said:
....Your statement about not wanting to really commit to make the NSX what you want basically means to me that you are ready for a change. You're realizing that you were young and you never got to experience a lot of what's out there. That's OK. But don't sell the NSX just yet--keep it as long as you can and only get rid of it after owning/driving something else for 6 months.

Good statement. I am taking the NSX on a road trip next week to see if that helps out, and will probably stop by a few car dealerships that have the cars I am looking for to see what happens. Thanks again for your help. :)

Meeyatch1 said:
Good statement. I am taking the NSX on a road trip next week to see if that helps out, and will probably stop by a few car dealerships that have the cars I am looking for to see what happens. Thanks again for your help. :)

Hey Mitch, if your road trip brings you to WA, I could give you a ride in 2 different 996tt's. One bone stock and one with 600hp:biggrin: < the 600hp may be recieving a "upgrade":tongue:

Well, I went a drove a Porsche 911 GT3 yesterday and I have to say I was impressed....VERY impressed. The car has instant torque, quick reflexes, seemingly no body roll, and brakes that are out of this world. At first the clutch seemed very stiff, but after a couple of shifts I was used to it. I have to say that this car has me thinking very hard about selling the NSX and getting it. I have to try out the 996 Twin Turbo now to see what that is like, and then re-examine the 993 Twin Turbo and the F355 GTB. As of now thought the GT3 seems like a front runner.

When I was on the way home I tried to list pro's and con's of driving the GT3 regularly and the main thing that I would miss from the NSX is the looks. The GT3 looks good, but the NSX is just so very unique!! The guy at the dealership is checking on another GT3 that might become available from a customer and that one has a full built-in roll cage while retaining the full interior, and I even like the color better.

Well, today and tomorrow I will spend a good chunk of the day cleaning my NSX and thinking about what to do. Just thought I would update you guys. Have a great day!

Here's a page with lots of pretty pictures of one for you. :)

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Porsche-GT3/index.shtml

What's that thing on the rear end of it that looks like half of a picnic table? Could a car get any uglier than this? Hmmmmmm....let me think for a second.....
Only took a nanosecond.... Z4 :biggrin:

If you get a GT3, you'll quickly tire of its lousy ergonomics, get bored of its common look and eventually wish to God that you never got rid of your NSXs. At least don't buy a new one and suffer an astronomical depreciation hit. Yes it might have better specs on paper than an NSX but ask yourself how often do you drive you NSX anywhere near its limit. Do the better numbers justify parting with the best sports car ever built, 2 of them in fact, for a pseudo race car that you'll almost never drive the way it was intended to be driven?

But whatever you do, I hope it makes you happy. I'd wait a year or so and get a Ford GT. If you're gonna make a move to a higher performance car, at least get something that's rare, gorgeous and that you won't regret. :)

ford-gt40-12.jpg

Last edited:
Well...as of now the fact that my freaking NSX will not start has me less than happy with it. That GT3 is looking better by the day. :mad:

Meeyatch1 said:
Well...as of now the fact that my freaking NSX will not start has me less than happy with it. That GT3 is looking better by the day. :mad:

More details please. Completely dead? Turns over but won't start? Have you tried swapping main relays betwen cars? You have 2 of them sitting there, it should pretty easy to figure out what's wrong buddy.

Meeyatch1 said:
Well, I went a drove a Porsche 911 GT3 yesterday and I have to say I was impressed....VERY impressed. The car has instant torque, quick reflexes, seemingly no body roll, and brakes that are out of this world. At first the clutch seemed very stiff, but after a couple of shifts I was used to it. I have to say that this car has me thinking very hard about selling the NSX and getting it. I have to try out the 996 Twin Turbo now to see what that is like, and then re-examine the 993 Twin Turbo and the F355 GTB. As of now thought the GT3 seems like a front runner.

When I was on the way home I tried to list pro's and con's of driving the GT3 regularly and the main thing that I would miss from the NSX is the looks. The GT3 looks good, but the NSX is just so very unique!! The guy at the dealership is checking on another GT3 that might become available from a customer and that one has a full built-in roll cage while retaining the full interior, and I even like the color better.

Well, today and tomorrow I will spend a good chunk of the day cleaning my NSX and thinking about what to do. Just thought I would update you guys. Have a great day!

Unless the GT3 is your track car you will tire of it very quickly, most original GT3 owners don't own their 996's GT3 anymore. The GT3 is very quick and nimble but way too harsh for everyday use and a challenge to drive fast at the track (white knuckle factor). You will wonder what is that clunking noise from the suspension when you go up and down driveways, the death rattle of the engine when the engine has not been run a couple of days, the darty steering (996GT3RS corrected that by a different front suspension geometry), the car sounding like a tin can because there is no sound insulation, not being able to carry a conversation while driving because it's too loud, etc, etc.

Anyways just take it as my 2 cents from someone that used to own a 996 MKII GT3. Personally speaking MR rules over RR anyday :D

Thought about picking up a 997TT a couple of weeks back, but decided to save the $$s and enjoy a 987 Boxster S instead given how new the 997TT is and the possibility of issues with such a green car, so far that decision has paid off well, handling of the Boxster S just rocks more than makes up for the lack of power :cool: (BTW: Check the rennlist boards, lots of 996GT3 owners switched to the Gayman (thats what folks over there call the Cayman) and they are happy so far while they wait for the 997GT3 or 997GT3RS.

Ken

P.S. I still have my NSX :D

Last edited:
2slow2speed said:
You will wonder what is that clunking noise from the suspension when you go up and down driveways, the death rattle of the engine when the engine has not been run a couple of days, the darty steering (996GT3RS corrected that by a different front suspension geometry), the car sounding like a tin can because there is no sound insulation, not being able to carry a conversation while driving because it's too loud, etc, etc. :D

Meeyatch1, could handle it. We both owned Evo's before and I believe the GT3 has a nicer interior and probably less rattles:wink:

gtr said:
Meeyatch1, could handle it. We both owned Evo's before and I believe the GT3 has a nicer interior and probably less rattles:wink:

Hehehe....I was thinking the same thing. :) :cool:

2slow2speed said:
Unless the GT3 is your track car you will tire of it very quickly, most original GT3 owners don't own their 996's GT3 anymore. The GT3 is very quick and nimble but way too harsh for everyday use and a challenge to drive fast at the track (white knuckle factor). You will wonder what is that clunking noise from the suspension when you go up and down driveways, the death rattle of the engine when the engine has not been run a couple of days, the darty steering (996GT3RS corrected that by a different front suspension geometry), the car sounding like a tin can because there is no sound insulation, not being able to carry a conversation while driving because it's too loud, etc, etc.

Anyways just take it as my 2 cents from someone that used to own a 996 MKII GT3. Personally speaking MR rules over RR anyday :D

Thought about picking up a 997TT a couple of weeks back, but decided to save the $$s and enjoy a 987 Boxster S instead given how new the 997TT is and the possibility of issues with such a green car, so far that decision has paid off well, handling of the Boxster S just rocks more than makes up for the lack of power :cool: (BTW: Check the rennlist boards, lots of 996GT3 owners switched to the Gayman (thats what folks over there call the Cayman) and they are happy so far while they wait for the 997GT3 or 997GT3RS.

Ken

P.S. I still have my NSX :D

Thanks Ken....I appreciate the input, especially since you used to own the GT3. It is tough to decide, as I still am wondering about the Twin Turbo or F355 GTB as possible replacements. I did see a NICE GT3 RS at the track today....very cool.

I hate to say it, but I am with Hugh here. The Ford GT does seem to be an awesome car, and it's one of the very few cars that will ever be in a mortal man's price range (albeit a well-to-do one) that the production was limited on. The estimate there will have been 4000-4300 built when production ends in August (the cutoff due to new Federal Regs, although they may continue a few more for non-US markets, since the car is more exotic that a F-car or Lambo in many parts of the world).

If you are going for the F355 get either the coupe or spyder. The targa had been discussed to be a little less rigid compared to the spyder.

5772francorchamps_ferrari_days_2005_773.jpg

Jin1976 said:
If you are going for the F355 get either the coupe or spyder. The targa had been discussed to be a little less rigid compared to the spyder.

Meaning what? That it will break into 4 pieces when it hits a curb instead of the usual 2 that Ferraris are legendary for? :)

You can spend you time, money and intellect on something else, knowing that your car experience is set for life. Figure out how to save the polar bears, use alternative fuels and take trips to interesting places to help solve issues. You would not believe the sense of accomplishment you get from sponsoring a school so extremely poor kids can learn English and figure out make their own country a better place; rather than causing "brain drain" and fleeing to the EU/US.

Drew
/polar bears are in trouble!
http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2006/02/08/polar-bears060208.html[/QUOTE]

wow ...very impressive ...for a second i thought i was reading tony robbins, or deepak chopra ....you should become a motivational speaker :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:

I can't stop drooling :tongue: ... this car is so-
hot108c4.gif
!
heart.gif
[/QUOTE]

It would have been great if those wheels/tires would have made production. I also like those mirrors and headlights better than the production units. Still a great looking car.

Meeyatch1 said:

There you go again, "driving it regularly" that's the mistake you're going to make with the GT3. If you get it, don't drive it EVERYDAY. You will get used to it after awhile.

Mitch - knowing what I know of you and remembering pictures of your NSXs in the SNOW, in deep water, with a keg in the passengers side, etc, Id pass on the Fcar unless you want to give up enjoying (via miles) your car.

Id say that the twin turbo is your car. So livable 12 months of the year, but you will miss the NSX guaranteed.

I too once lusted over GT3s. Now, with an NSX that is every bit as strong a car as one, I no longer feel that draw. Id love a new 997GT3RS though, but am not sure if that move would be worth it either.

I bet you end up with a 996TT. What an awesome everyday car.

if you sell that white one I will stick my foot so far up your arse it'll give you that "new driving experience" you've been looking for :biggrin:

come to the Louisville meets with me, it'll change your mind for sure!!

If I get the Diablo down in Florida you can dive it some for "that change o' pace"....just no "Mitch short trips" that equal "only" 500 miles :rolleyes:

...sell ur "bros" black one ;)

Dan Ciesniewski said:
if you sell that white one I will stick my foot so far up your arse it'll give you that "new driving experience" you've been looking for :biggrin:

If I get the Diablo down in Florida you can dive it some for "that change o' pace"....just no "Mitch short trips" that equal "only" 500 miles :rolleyes:

Does Louisville have regular NSX meets? What's special about there's? I'm just curious. So you're getting a Lambo, wow I see you're stepping on up eh?

Dan Ciesniewski said:

Hehe....that sounds like a plan to me!! :D

I really need to get the black car back from him or at least go make sure he is taking care of it. At least it is getting driven regularly now. The past 2 years I had only put about 600 miles on it since I was driving my '94 all the time, and the S2000 on other trips. Maybe selling that one is the better option...thanks for the idea. :)

timothyaw said:
Does Louisville have regular NSX meets? What's special about there's? I'm just curious. So you're getting a Lambo, wow I see you're stepping on up eh?

they have had 2 exotic car meets this summer, one coming up in July, the BEST drives Ive had in my life :biggrin:
MAYBE getting a Diablo :)....still waiting for dem b@stards to email me back..who new trying to give a dealership alotta money was so hard :rolleyes:

maybe if you EVER drove yours and showed your face in yours soemtime poor Mitch wouldnt wanna sell ;)
come drive with us!!!!!:biggrin:

Dan Ciesniewski said:
they have had 2 exotic car meets this summer, one coming up in July, the BEST drives Ive had in my life :biggrin:
MAYBE getting a Diablo :)....still waiting for dem b@stards to email me back..who new trying to give a dealership alotta money was so hard :rolleyes:

maybe if you EVER drove yours and showed your face in yours soemtime poor Mitch wouldnt wanna sell ;)
come drive with us!!!!!:biggrin:
Mermi* will be there.... Dan, pm me some directions!! hehe... i sent ya mi dijitos (ie: mi numero) *~*~ ;)

Back