The Official 2024 F1 thread

Why would Perez move the wheel when he was going straight down the track where he wanted to go? Two guys playing chicken trying to grab the slipstream. They knew what they were doing. EOE here. When you play chicken, sometimes both folks lose.
Maybe a little bit of red mist by both drivers, but as noted; if neither lift, both lose.

As per the per the FIA... Perez, had the options..

“It was thus apparent that while ahead, and having the right to drive his line, Sainz did move slightly towards a car that he had limited vision of. At the same time, there was nothing unusual about Perez’s line, but he could have done more to avoid the car that he had a better view of.

“In conclusion, the Stewards deem this to be a racing incident with neither driver being predominantly at fault, and take no further action.”

Nobody mentioned Piastri? That guy is one cool cucumber. I like Norris but I think Piastri is already a more complete driver.
This is the best second half of a season ever.
I think Verstappen has enough points advantage to secure another Drivers Championship, especially with the wins being spread between the other top teams and drivers. A DNF or two for him would certainly liven things up though!
I believe he's used all his PU's as well, so there may be grid penalties for him in future races...

Best race of the season so far - Oscar made the perfectly judged move at just the right time to surprise Charles, and then defended stoutly but always fairly. As above, Oscar is the best driver in the second half of the year, and is looking good for 2025.
The crash at the end was coming for a few laps - just a racing incident between two drivers hungry for the podium.
George mopped up, Lando got good points, Max got less. Alonso somehow managed to keep going to get 5th, despite being totally anonymous all race. Great points for Albon & Colapinto - they both drove so well.
All Brits got points, with Lewis & Ollie sneaking into the top 10.

If perez and sainz danced like that at the beginning of the race they would not have come together. red mist it was.

Back