The Official 2024 F1 thread

I'm still suspect of the team orders for Hungary. Lando was pole sitter, seems the team decided that piastri should win, imho lando would have beat hammo on the road, pitting early gave him the advantage, he should have let piastri pass early then raced him to the end..my conspiracy theory self feels there is some sort of Australian sponsorship deal that Mac wants , so they anointed him. I'm amazed how close the pack was at spa for such a long track. Russell has some good track/equipment instincts.

I hope so.
H-

This season reminds me of the 2022 motoGP season when Yamaha top rider had a 95 point lead before the summer break, but was penalized at the last race before the break which help Ducati win the rider championship and have so ever since. Since that time motoGP has been losing fan interest year-over-year. I find it odd when the media openly complained that Max was too dominate and that was bad for F1. Then suddenly he isn't so dominate and McLaren is in the hunt. Of course that never happened during the Mercedes dominance.

Norris is looking so dominant. Max is one screw-up or mechanical failure away from the edge of a cliff.

Can't win the constructor's with only one driver. Why they didn't scoop Sainz is beyond me. Does Perez bring that much $?

Great win for Lando - could have been 30 seconds ahead of Max if he pushed at the same pace as the last lap.
Looks like the constructor’s title is in reach for McLaren too - Oscar will be disappointed but still welcome points Good results for LeClerc & Sainz - so much better than their qualifying performance. Mixed for Mercedes - better for Lewis than George. Perez probably did enough to keep Helmut happy for another week…

Too bad Logan even got a seat in F1. Seems Alonso helped get his replacement in that seat. Paid drivers don't have much of a track record in F1, but they do bring much needed $$$$. It looks like HAAS is going to make Monza after their payment issue has been or seems to be resolved. The circus goes on.

Surprised Bert put that safety car in the barrier...Mac have the secret sauce of aero/drag and most importantly the drivers have confidence in themselves and car.

That was a fun race, home team had nothing to lose but everything on the line...Piastri surprised Norris on lap 1

Great race from Charles - the one-stop is always the fastest strategy if you have the tyres.
McLaren did well to race both their cars to the podium. Carlos looked in a better position than Charles at one stage as he pitted later, but his pace dropped in the last 15 laps - whereas Charles kept it up.
Good result from Lewis to be so far ahead of Max, and George almost got Max at the end. Perez was a long way back,
Good points for Albon ahead of Magnussen - who squeaked ahead of Alonso by a tenth of a second, but picked up a 1 race ban, so presumably Bearman will race in Baku next time out as his replacement.

If RB continues to flounder toto might have a shot at maxipad for 26

Back