The 2010 World Cup football thread

You make it sound like this is work. What's so lazy about you, when the rest of us bums are lying around watching all these games?
You are probably working, playing with the kids or doing more constructive things. Don't sell yourself short (it's not WallStreet). Nevertheless, I am remaining glued to these games throughout, as I have waited 4 years for this.

Will DVR next weekend while at the glorious River Run but the week after is our Alaska vacation and I will not be a happy camper! Jeanne may throw me overboard! :eek:

^ impressive.... all US players barely can move their eyes out of those tight hugs ... really impressive.... i saw the game and asked myself if the referee forgot his glasses at home ... i believe Stevie Wonder would do a better job than this man... incredible...

unbelievable.... which games will that blind referee sunk in this competition??

Nuno

WK%202010%20hup%20Holland%20hup!%20speelschema%20wk%202010.jpg

Thanks :) We are not playing like in the qualifications, but at least we are winning.

I hope the US will go through, it is a shame how that game turned out :( The refs were very good in the whole tournament and then this guy comes along...

Donovan was lucky though, he could go to the shower within 5 minutes!

No Kaka for the next game but Brazil moves on anyway. Another bad call with a red card. :mad:

Re: tell'tale snap-shot...

i'm rooting for the US, but i'm not sure who i think will take the cup

This pretty much sez' it all...

wow, that pretty much sums it up

i took off work to watch this match, i was roaring when slovenia scored the first goal, i was raging when the US got robbed

Wow! Port will move on with this 7-nil rout. I wonder how many North Korean players will stay in S.A. to defect rather than never see their families and face disappearance back home? :confused:

I agree, that was a horrible call. It's great they move on but the next match is against Portugal. And I'll be on a plane to Vegas so I'll miss it!!! Noooooooo

Stephen

Do not let that 7-nil score scare you. PNK was a non-opponent. Brazil should win that contest as well. I will be on a plane to Seattle during the knockout round. That Sucks! :mad:

Argentina puts the nail in the coffin tomorrow night for a 9 point total.

I actually hope Spain finishes second in Group H to most likely face Brasil in the round of 16.. then my top 2 teams will go through (Spain, Portugal). :wink:
Yes Spain will beat Brasil.. :biggrin:

Do not let that 7-nil score scare you. PNK was a non-opponent. Brazil should win that contest as well. I will be on a plane to Seattle during the knockout round. That Sucks! :mad:

Yeah I'm going to miss some of the knockout round games... I don't care what my friends are doing in Vegas, I'm not missing some of the games, I'll find a cheap bar with some TV's if that's possible "never been to Vegas before".

I know PNK wasn't really a challenge but they held Brazil pretty well, and the way Brazil's been passing the ball seems a bit off. Their combination passing isn't quite there yet which may be due to the fact that it's only been two games in and maybe the ball "if that makes that huge of a difference". I guess we'll see

Spain played pretty well today I thought. To bad they missed a PK, at least put the ball on net so if the goalie screws up there's always that chance of it going in. Missing the net on this level is acceptable!

Stephen

Last edited:
ESPANA looks like they are back on track now.

Here is a preview of the next episode of "Dancing with the Stars!" :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

58f3c9ad57d4f0e0da14ce8436d67af5-ge.jpg

Well Mexico advances but I fear they screwed themselves by not winning that game. Having to possibly face Argentina in the elimination round is not good.

Back