The 2010 World Cup football thread

Another terrible misplay of a strike by a goalkeeper!
What is going on here?
Where was the keeper from Algeria last night when he should have been watching Green? Also, Ghezzal. A hand reach? C'mon. What was he thinking at that point in the game? To get red carded and put your team at a huge disadvantage of 10 and have to play a 3-4-3 for 16 more minutes.
Just stupid play!
Now, Slovenia is at the top of C. "Damn!"

Germany over Australia 4-0!!?? :eek::eek:

Clay and I pick them to win the whole thing. Of course Clay would, he's a Dobie from the Fatherland. I love England but they need to play a lot better. The Dutch go against Denmark this morning. They should win easily. :biggrin:

De Rossi made up for the opening goal by equalizing in the 63rd, sliding in to redirect a corner kick from Simone Pepe. It was one of the more "boring" contests so far with Paraguay holding on and looking like they were playing for the draw.
Agreed ......... more interesting matches begin Tuesday.

I like the big goal scored by Japan by non-other than:

HONDA! :biggrin:

What do you guys think should be done about those "annoying" vuvuzelas?
Please chime-in and post your opinions.
I am all for banning this noise now. I don't care that it annoys the ESPN announcers but football is a beautiful game and the noise of the game is being "droned" out. Because the vuvuzelas create such a wall of sound (144 decibels), there has been little of the usual chanting, singing and roaring that are common at football games all over the world.
Players have admitted they have struggled to concentrate amid the noise and there have been regular communication problems among teammates. Slovenia’s Samir Handanovic and Marko Suler screamed at each other following a mixup that almost led to a goal for their opponent.

“It is impossible to communicate,” said Argentina’s Lionel Messi, the world’s best player. “It is like being deaf.”

The vuvuzela, which is made to replicate the call of an elephant, comes across as a drone on television. In real life, though, the noise reaches 144 decibels, equivalent to the sound made by a passenger jet.

vuvu-gogo-nownow, waka-waka!

What do you guys think should be done about those "annoying" vuvuzelas?

Please chime-in and post your opinions.
I say let the masses continue to have a go w/ them, only if they use 'em like like this keen admirer/follower of Die Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft... :D

Perhaps TaiTec can fabricate some silencers for them... :confused:

Last edited:
Re: vuvu-gogo-nownow, waka-waka!

I say let the masses continue to have a go w/ them, only if they use 'em like like this keen admirer/follower of Die Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft... :D

Perhaps TaiTec can fabricate some silencers for them... :confused:

Cute little toothless lad looks like he's having a good old time until some Serbian fan throws a small object his way on Friday! I gotta get me one of those hats though with the old style ball. :biggrin:

The noise is annoying but who really cares. I'm used to it but many people that don't watch the games as much point it out right away. I'm sure most players are already used to the noise level.

Stephen

Actually some of the players are the ones complaining.

WOW! What a finish that was. The already yellow carded Reid comes through in stoppage play with a header strike! Unbelievable. The NZ Kiwis grab the point and keep Slovakia from getting the top spot in an all tied Group F.
HEY ........ you never know? :eek:

Get ready for the Group of Death! This is it, the toughest group of the World Cup on paper and the matches we've all been waiting to watch.
Will Ivory Coast star Didier Drogba play today?

I am going to go with Ivory Coast in this one over the tough Portugal. :confused: I know a lot of folks are at work and cannot watch games live so I will refrain from posting any more comments until the day after. Sorry, just cannot contain the excitement. haha :biggrin:

Get ready for the Group of Death! This is it, the toughest group of the World Cup on paper and the matches we've all been waiting to watch.
Will Ivory Coast star Didier Drogba play today?

I am going to go with Ivory Coast in this one over the tough Portugal. :confused: I know a lot of folks are at work and cannot watch games live so I will refrain from posting any more comments until the day after. Sorry, just cannot contain the excitement. haha :biggrin:

haha! Eu estava esperando para Portugal!!

Well now it will boil down to who beats up on the Korean's more Portugal or Ivory Coast!!!?? N. Korea played a strong match and will make that more interesting.
But really.. we are all waiting for tomorrow!! La Furia Roja!!!! :biggrin:

Yeah, what a shocker! I may watch parts of this one again tonight. Benaglio played an unbelievable game in goal for the Swiss stopping a few point-blank strikes. He plays for Wolfsburg-Fuball in the German league. I've always liked him and his style of play. High profile goalkeeper who may have been a tad underestimated by the Spaniards today. :rolleyes:

The Swiss have size and a hot goalkeeper. I know it's early on, but they could do some serious damage.

Back