Strange NSX owners....

Originally posted by ck:

He either works at Stevens Creek, Los Gatos, or Sunnyvale Acura. Most likely one of the first two.

See one of my previous posts on this thread.

He works at Los Gatos Acura - this has been confirmed as one of the owners he made fun of spoke up and made this a fact.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 27 September 2002).]

Originally posted by huckster:
and the co-workers and/or management still hasnt dealt with the problem.

He is boasting on the same thread about how he hasn't yet gotten fired and that he will not get fired any time soon.

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 27 September 2002).]

Loser boy is gone, and rightly so. Freedom of speech comes in so many forms, and one of them was apparently exercised by a phone call or two......

Posted by "TheRobSJ"
Well folks. It happened. There was a good reason that I never wanted to just flat out say where I worked. And it's my own stupid ass fault that it got out by leaving clues. Hmmm...maybe on a subconscience level, I wanted to be terminated so it would jump start me to go work for my real calling at a GM dealer.

Effective as of about 10:45am PDT today, my status as and Acura technician ended for violating the confidentiality policy. A sad day for all, I'm sure...

I'm sure there are some people, well children actually, that will feel some sort of redemption over this. "Mommy mommy, that bad man hurt my feelings. Tell his mommy on him," is the first thing that comes to mind. But I will continue to badmouth the NSX, and the anal retentive owners till the day I die. I'd like to see who you guys can call to make that day happen.

I'm in rather good spirits. With my credentials, and my willingness to work for whatever pay is offered (money isn't that important to me), I'm pretty sure I'll be employed again after a week. And this time, I won't tell you all where. It could be at another Acura dealer, so your worst fears could still come true, and maybe a jackass like me could be working on your precious baby.

And since I'm just as much as a child, or "little man" was it, as some of you... I would absolutely LOVE to find out the person/s who ratted me out. Because, we need to have some words. I don't mind the fact that I was fired, but I do mind the inconvienience of having to move my tools and find another job.

Rob

Bye now.....all NSX owners be on the lookout for a new tech named "Rob" at your dealership of choice. This guy has no business turning a wrench anywhere near an NSX.

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

You guys are a bunch of (DELETED BY ADMIN). You can't take it when someone puts down your all mighty $90k peice of (DELETED BY ADMIN) car. He never did anything wrong to the cars, I'm sure all the work that he has done has been good on them. You guys are so immature that you must call someones work and report them and suc, which gets them fired over them not agreeing with you on how "great" you're peices of (DELETED BY ADMIN) are. I bet you guys feel all warm and tingly inside knowing that you got him fired, it probably makes you feel all manly don't it? You guys are a joke. Thanks for letting all the pics of your cars in the profile, next time I see one I might have to (DELETED BY ADMIN) on it for ya. So if you come out to your car and there is a big turd on your car don't be suprised, you earned it.

(Profanity deleted by admin.)

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 27 September 2002).]

Originally posted by LETZ RUN:
You guys are a bunch of (DELETED BY ADMIN). You can't take it when someone puts down your all mighty $90k peice of (DELETED BY ADMIN)car. He never did anything wrong to the cars, I'm sure all the work that he has done has been good on them. You guys are so immature that you must call someones work and report them and suc, which gets them fired over them not agreeing with you on how "great" you're peices of (DELETED BY ADMIN) are. I bet you guys feel all warm and tingly inside knowing that you got him fired, it probably makes you feel all manly don't it? You guys are a joke. Thanks for letting all the pics of your cars in the profile, next time I see one I might have to (DELETED BY ADMIN) on it for ya. So if you come out to your car and there is a big turd on your car don't be suprised, you earned it.

His comments never bothered me and now you are going to (DELETED BY ADMIN) on my car? Grow up.

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
His comments never bothered me and now you are going to (DELETED BY ADMIN) on my car? Grow up.

Im not talking about you, I'm talking about all the ones who couldn't handle him saying he didn't like their type of car. The ones who it bothered so much they had to call and get someone who did nothing but express his opinion fired.

LETZRUN,
Tell me what would you do if you have your own business and one of your employee is doing what this guy is doing. If you keep him, then I said you deserve each other, but I would think you would make a better decision than that and kiss him goodbye!
And you see how his comment is at the end, where he said he would like to have a few word with whoever it is on this board. That is real maturity, plus does he even know what kind of people own NSX. There are quite a few up here that can handle some business, but we never stoop down to his level.
I, for once. If the mechanic keep me happy, I will be very generous to keep him happy, but a dick, I don't think so

Guys - Everyone is welcome to express their opinions, but profanity and threats will not be tolerated here.

I can delete messages and ban IDs faster than you can type, so play nice or take it to e-mail.

No further warnings.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when he was brought into the managers office. Actually, it's not a laughing matter that he got fired, it's very serious. His attitude has only gotten worse, and he has now pubicly stated that he wants to seek revenge. The power of free speech and the internet has recently shown how the security of one's job is always on the bubble. That is unless you decide to keep your comments to yourself.

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lane (edited 27 September 2002).]

Originally posted by Deqle:
LETZRUN,
Tell me what would you do if you have your own business and one of your employee is doing what this guy is doing. If you keep him, then I said you deserve each other, but I would think you would make a better decision than that and kiss him goodbye!
And you see how his comment is at the end, where he said he would like to have a few word with whoever it is on this board. That is real maturity, plus does he even know what kind of people own NSX. There are quite a few up here that can handle some business, but we never stoop down to his level.
I, for once. If the mechanic keep me happy, I will be very generous to keep him happy, but a dick, I don't think so

So basically you are saying that if you don't agree with the product you are selling, servicing, etc., you should be fired? So if you're a doctor and you need to prescribe a medicine to someone that you don't particularly like, and then come home and post on a message board "I had to prescibe xxxx to someone today, I don't like it, I can't stand it, I wouldn't take it" that you should be fired? There are many people who don't like what they do, wouldn't buy what they sell, but do it for a job, I guess they should all be fired too.

they had to call and get someone who did nothing but express his opinion fired.

Consider this:

The service manager at Los Gatos Acura once out of the blue called a friend of mine (a former member of this forum) to request a change be made to something that this particular member had posted about Los Gatos Acura's service department.

This shows that the management at Los Gatos Acura *DOES* read this forum, even though they may not actively participate by posting.

As such, it is possible that the management from the dealership read this thread and decided to act on it without any outside intervention.

After all, this is a public forum and anyone can lurk around and read the postings.

Thus, one cannot automatically jump to the conclusion that he got fired because of supposed phone calls made by members of this forum.

Originally posted by Deqle:
Bah, I own a computer business and I hate AMD. I dislike their products, company and service with a passion and I'd tell anyone, anytime why that is so. Yet I continue to build, service and sell systems with AMD chips. It doesn't mean I do a worse job when working with those systems then I would with an Intel system.

plus does he even know what kind of people own NSX. There are quite a few up here that can handle some business, but we never stoop down to his level.
I believe he does know and is quite fully aware of what NSX owners are like working in a shop and seeing them on a regular basis. You do not need to be an NSX owner to fully understand what a typical NSX owner is like. There are exceptions to every rule of course, but I believe Rob's statements were true.

Why should it matter if he's a "dick" or not? If he does the job well and you get your car back with the problem fixed or the maintenence completed, with a smile on your face; why should it matter if the mechanic didn't like your car or you? Let the work speak for itself. Rob obviously has reason to back his statements.

[This message has been edited by Angelis (edited 27 September 2002).]

The mechanical moron even concedes that in some way he wanted to get fired. Any first year psychology major would tell you the same thing. What was the tech trying to gain by posting those seemingly ridiculous comments? Was he trying to make himself look better than the "idiotic NSX owners"?

This guy also says money doesn't mean much to him--I doubt that very highly. There is a statement in his choice of words, and it's that money absolutely matters to him. The common thread in his posts are about money: how much the NSX costs, how much clutch/tires cost, how much money NSX owners make, etc. He appears to have a real problem with other people's money.

He was making derogatory comments about Acura, its products, and its customers--either explicit or implied--and I, for one, think that the person who "called him on it" did everyone involved a favor. The "snitch" (not what I would call him) did Acura, the dealership, its cusomters, and the mechanic a favor. Working somewhere you hate has real costs--physical and and mental health.

If you wish to exercise your right to free speech, that's fine, but don't be so naive as to think there aren't consequences for certain things you say.

Originally posted by Lud:
Hmmm. Based on LETZ RUN's comments I just looked back at the thread on the other forum. It seems RobSJ is stating he has been fired, though I don't know if that is true or not.

I doubt an Acura technician would be fired for simply saying that they don't like Acura cars, though I guess that depends on the management at the dealer. I doubt anyone would call the dealer to make an issue about it in any event.

But I think if you call your customers stupid on a public forum, then go on to elaborate their details to the point of even naming high profile customers like Steve Wozniak and his wife, you are probably putting your job in very serious jeopardy.

It did happen. I mean how would you feel if you express your opinion one day on a message board and then your fired the next day. Alot of people, most people, have a hardship if they lost their job, I know I would. He deserves that because he doesn't like your cars but does a good job repairing them? I mean punishment doesn't fit the crime (the only thing he maybe shouldn't have did was describe the Apple big wig guy so clearly), but other then that nothing wrong, no crime. All I am saying is if everyone lost their job because their opinions didn't agree with everyone elses, we'd all be un-employed.

Originally posted by victoria_nsx:
The mechanical moron even concedes that in some way he wanted to get fired. Any first year psychology major would tell you the same thing. What was the tech trying to gain by posting those seemingly ridiculous comments? Was he trying to make himself look better than the "idiotic NSX owners"?

This guy also says money doesn't mean much to him--I doubt that very highly. There is a statement in his choice of words, and it's that money absolutely matters to him. The common thread in his posts are about money: how much the NSX costs, how much clutch/tires cost, how much money NSX owners make, etc. He appears to have a real problem with other people's money.

He was making derogatory comments about Acura, its products, and its customers--either explicit or implied--and I, for one, think that the person who "called him on it" did everyone involved a favor. The "snitch" (not what I would call him) did Acura, the dealership, its cusomters, and the mechanic a favor. Working somewhere you hate has real costs--physical and and mental health.

If you wish to exercise your right to free speech, that's fine, but don't be so naive as to think there aren't consequences for certain things you say.

Leave it to the shrinks to over evaluate everything
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

LETZRUN,

I really doubt that anyone here got Rob fired. Rob got Rob fired. Everything else being equal, I would prefer that a person who either respected my car (regardless of make, model) or was at least neutral was working on my car rather than someone who appeared to have a grudge against both imports and some of the traits of their drivers. I would assume that you would have the same opinion - regardless of the car you drive.

That said, his post may have sparked some concern here amoung owners who could potentially run into him. In my book, that's not at all something you could lose your job over. If I was a GM at that dealership and I learned this came from one of my better mechanics, I'd likely want to talk to him/her to see how we could resolve the situation. Certainly, repeated posts could conceivably be bad for business... ah, the power of the internet.

I'm sorry, but my opinion is that there were other factors at work here - conceivably other issues with his employment or other managament conflicts that may or may not have been his fault. We'll never know, but it's ludicrous to think that a single incident like this was cause for termination - but it could very well have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

It sounds like Rob is better off too - having the opportunity to work for a company he respects. Hopefully this (potential) new found job satisfaction will someday soon overshadow the inconvenience of moving his tools.

He didn't lose his job because he didn't like the NSX.

he lost his job (he even says this in his message) because he violated a "Right to Privacy" agreement at his dealer. In other words, he was telling people privaet information about dealershp customers.

If I owned a dealership and some of my higher paying customers were being bad-mouthed by a mechanic working for me, he'd be out the door instantly! Imagnie the number of sales/service he woudl lose simply because an expendable technician decided to not say bad things about Acura (no probelm there), but say bad things about individual customers!

There is a difference in saying "The NSX is a POS, I don't like them" and saying "Our customer <insert identifying remakr here> is an idiot and shouldn't drive this crappy car"

------------------
-Mike
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1970 Dodge Challenger 383 Magnum

(the only thing he maybe shouldn't have did was describe the Apple big wig guy so clearly), but other then that nothing wrong, no crime. All I am saying is if everyone lost their job because their opinions didn't agree with everyone elses, we'd all be un-employed.

I think the Apple thing ultimately led to his firing. I am sure the last thing the dealership wants is negative publicity, or worse yet, some kind of lawsuit from a famous, highly respected Silicon Valley personality such as Steve Wozniac.

I agree with your opinion about having disagreements on the job - that we all have them. But the problem is that he expressed them in a public forum...and even named a high-profile customer... which as we found out has consequences.

Also, why ban Rob and not let him come defend himself? You could atleast give the guy a chance to defend himself.

Rob is not banned. I see he posted on the MDX forum that he was not able to register with his yahoo ID... that is because ALL yahoo, hotmail, etc. IDs are blocked from registering on this system. This is explained on the registration screen. He is not being singled out.

Back