Stock Market

That's on news that the Pakistani army is very close to catching the #2 Al-Qaeda guy. I'm pretty sure Osama will be "caught" close to election time :D

-Awais

BTW, I'm curious, do any of you use pivot points? What are your opinions on them? I used them today and they were very accurate.

Jinkers said:
BTW, I'm curious, do any of you use pivot points? What are your opinions on them? I used them today and they were very accurate.
I trade very erratically, no real trading style. I use tight stops up or down when day trading. sometimes I buy and hold for days or weeks. Some stock I have had for years. Some stock I sell covered calls on. I do not trade ES. I find it is a good idea to keep a thousand dollars on hand in cash. When I am up 300 bucks I look at 3 one hundred dollar bills. This keeps things in perspective. Makes it easier to sell and take the gain rather than hold out for more.

Damn I wish that buy order for orcl had filled at 11.60. Did you see it go from 11.72 to 11.60 back to 11.72 in less than 5 minutes?

Jinkers said:
I would definitely keep them in mind because most traders do watch them. Don't make it concrete where you say to yourself, you're gonna sell at R1 and add to short at R2. Look at the price action in the area of these pivots and base your decision on that. I plot the pivots on my charts. Some days it helps, other days it doesn't.

-Awais

I am in overnight
6k ORCL @11.29
1K Tivo @9.08

Wonder how much of today's sell off was tripping of stop orders and margin squeeze?

steveny said:
I am in overnight
6k ORCL @11.29
1K Tivo @9.08

Wonder how much of today's sell off was tripping of stop orders and margin squeeze?

Damn got 9.46 for the tivo. Never expected thata large a profit.

O-Ace said:
Too bad you didn't put 6K on TIVO :p

I did not trust it enough. I bet I would have not been able to dump 6k shares into the market this am and have sold them all. This was just dumb luck on my part. I thought I would get 9.25 at the most. You see Tivo now. OUCH.

Anyone know where I can get pivot points for the ES from? Either a source, a calculator or a charting add on? This would be easier than doing the math every day.

Back