Project: Widebody - 02 Conversion

Those tail lights are going to look sweet! Can't wait to see the completed project!

Here is a couple more I took of the rear end (without the diffusor)
DSCF0518sm.jpg

DSCF0521sm.jpg

Jeff

Damn it!!!!:biggrin:

Veleno said:
Are the exhaust tips pointing downward?

Yes. To fit the opening in the diffusor, I changed the angle downward by about 6 degrees. The round tailpipes will eventually be replaced by a c&c machined bezel. Similar to the Koenigsegg.

I stopped at the body shop today. They were getting the car ready to roll in the booth for paint but wanted me to do a walk-around to double check everything. I also had to make a template for the screen that goes in the rear between the tail lights. I took this shot with the lights in....
DSCF0530sm.jpg

Nice job!! reminds me of the f430!!!Awesome!!!

nov_f430_rear1.jpg

VRoooM said:
I stopped at the body shop today. They were getting the car ready to roll in the booth for paint but wanted me to do a walk-around to double check everything. I also had to make a template for the screen that goes in the rear between the tail lights. I took this shot with the lights in....
DSCF0530sm.jpg

It's unfair to call the car a Ferrari look-alike based simply on the rear, which IIRC uses Chevrolet tail lights - the rest of the car is very nsx-like, judging from prior shots along the thread - I can't wait to see the finished product.

As a bit of an aside, if that rear tail light piece is a bolt on unit, which it appears to be, you would sell a ton of them if you were to market the piece, especially as a turn key solution, in carbon fiber, with black mesh in the center... mmmm.... what were we talking about again? :tongue:

nsxhk said:
Vroom,

It's very very nice, but it's starting to look very f-car like. Are you a f-car wannabe?

Henry.

The tail lights are off a Chevy Cobalt... I guess that makes me a "Cobalt" wannabe also :wink:

To be honest, I would put it somewhere between this:
new-nsx--20050712101937741.jpg

and this:
F430NovitecRosso1.jpg

It's like having rice and noodles at the same time:biggrin:

Jeff

That is one fine ass!!!! I will be first in line if and when you duplicate the rearend for us less talented NSX owners!!!! That is going to look so great painted red!!!!:cool:

I hope you make a template or mold of the finished product. I'm sure you could sell some of these to recover some of you time. I would purcahse one myself. looks nice.

scorp965 said:
As a bit of an aside, if that rear tail light piece is a bolt on unit, which it appears to be, you would sell a ton of them if you were to market the piece, especially as a turn key solution, in carbon fiber, with black mesh in the center

Texas91Brent said:
That is one fine ass!!!! I will be first in line if and when you duplicate the rearend for us less talented NSX owners!!!! That is going to look so great painted red!!!!:cool:

ken sampson said:
I hope you make a template or mold of the finished product. I'm sure you could sell some of these to recover some of you time. I would purcahse one myself. looks nice.

Taken from an earlier quote here.
VRoooM said:
To be honest I really don't know. It's been a strugle getting the time just to get this far. My first thought would be to say no. For a few reasons. You would need the exact set up of body parts (Sorcery Wide body, Downforce diffusor, Lights etc). and have to cut up each to modify them to work. Also, my idea was to make something no one else had. It's a moral delema. Still up in the air.

nsxhk said:
Vroom,

It's very very nice, but it's starting to look very f-car like. Are you a f-car wannabe?

Henry.

Stupid question.

His car looks great. It maintains the NSX lines, but with a more aggressive look/stance.

In fact, I think the work he has done is probably the best NSX bodykit I have ever seen. And there are a lot of us Ferrari owners who are looking forward to seeing his car at one of our functions in a few weeks.

DAMN NICE!!!!!Really nice photochop job! Maybe you may want to add a rear diffuser while you're at it...:biggrin:
legendr35 said:
i hope u don't mind :D, your nsx is going to look wicked

6469nsx.jpg

Damn it I want one!!!!!! :cool:

Damm thats one great looking car.
like the front and the rear fenders the lights look nice.

Back