• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Paddock Performance Exhausts? (MagnaFlow)

what performance mods do you have on your car now, John? I have a 97 and I have the cantrell intake and am trying to get an estimate of my hp numbers with yours.

Rick

I have suspension work, no engine work. Right now the only thing I have done as far as drive train is the Paddock muffler and the K&N.

Suspension:
Zanardi springs
Koni adjustables
SOS bars (Comptech)
Type R chasis braces (front & bottom)
OZ Superleggers (bright silver)
S03s 215s & 265s

Before next summer:
4.23 Type R gears
Type R vented hood
Type R rear wing
2002 rear valance
2002 side skirts & door inserts

some sort of FI.....Cartech Twin Turbo, or Basch Boost
(If I put the last one on my car before I go to trackmasters DocJohn, Peter Mills, and RSO34 are gonna beat me over the head)

I love the exhaust, some quick notes....

The car definitely pulls harder, as it should with 11-12 more RWHP.

The muffler while it is breaking in is going to spit out this fine metallic dust, I found it all over my rear bumper. My car is black so everything on the back bumper is visible.

The muffler gets louder as it heats up, kinds cool for me, because when I leave at 4:30AM to go to work the car isn't so loud around my town. Not until I get on the highway and it heats up a bit

The tips shine up real nice, my stock 98 tips were a bitch to clean, and they seemed to have become stained. These tips shine really nice with a little metal polish.

I know a very trusted shop in Los Angeles. The owner has been in the auto performance industry for over 5 years and has made some custom systems for some pretty top notch cars.

I'm pretty sure the price will be below $700 as well. If anybody is interested, please send me a PM.

I will not be gaining ANYTHING from this. I am just trying to help my fellow NSX Members with a local shop in LA and obviously bringing the performance shop business.

I will be talking to him soon with some more updates.

jadkar said:
I did my dyno today with the second gen. muffler, and the HP stayed exactly the same. I was hoping for little more with this muffler, but hey, at least I didn't loss anything.

Here is something interesting. I threw a K&N drop in filter in the NSX and did another dyno. I gained about 1.3 HP. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, don't they advertise 2-5 HP depending on the car??

Oh well:):)

Your stock filter is probably a little dirty. Put a clean OEM filter back in and I bet you'll see the same gain as the drop-in K&N.
Very few aftermarket filters have proven gains in the NSX.

Nice job on the exhaust!

Apparently they are having some delays because of the shipping boxes.. I should have mine by sometime in the next 2 weeks..

can't wait..

shipping won't be bad around $50.. ground..

can you guys that have received your exhaust or have had it shipped already post updates on when you receive it and how the condition was when you installed it? Did the exhaust meet your expectations and so on?

I am on the list but want to make sure everything turns out ok.

Thanks
Rick

Kelly at Paddock told me that someone from Sweden ordered one for an NSX that will be in a movie and the shipping was $500 !!!

we should consider ourselves lucky that shipping is only $40-60

just some quick photos from my new toy:D I know one is not of the exhaust but I really like it and had to post it.....

This is a little over exposed and my garage is a horrible background...but then again it was snowing outside.

Attachments

• img_5731.jpg
    img_5731.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 951
This one is a tad under exposed, but I wanted to show the beautiful stainless tips (4 inch) These are the standard ones that come on Paddock's exhaust.

Attachments

• img_5734.jpg
    img_5734.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 938
exhaust

Got my tracking number from paddock today. Jadkar has seen my baby and will be able to show all, everything by dec 10,2003. Can't wait.:D :D :D :D :D

Well I got my pipe. I like the way they packaged it. It goes on in the morning. It looks good although it is mig welded. It would be really nice if it were tig. Tips are stainless and meaty. I will post as soon as I have time tommorrow.

Casey

Impressions-

I hate typing so please excuse my grammar. Well I got the pipe on this morning. I wanted to put a couple of hundered miles on it before I posted. There is a dramatic difference in the sound, and I feel like it pulls a little harder. It does increase in volume as the car warms up. Upon start up nice deep tone very agreeable. It gets louder as you open it up. The throttle blip upon take off is heavenly. Also pulling from low RPM in 3rd gear slowly and evenly will for most people have just the resonance level they are looking for. Personally I like a little it reminds me of my Vipers. I like that with the radio up you can feel the engine sound slightly through the seat by way of the exhaust.

Now that being said....It is not loud enough for me. I really like it, and I could live happily with it, but I don't have to. I am going to have Ken send me a mufflerless X-pipe. I might even go for a 41/2 inch tip extended even further out. I live in a small area I do not fight freeways, traffic, or long commutes. I own my neck of the woods via NSX, and I like to rip through the country side scaring the local live stock daily. Also its just my opinion but thier is something sinister about an abnoxios sounding NSX. I don't feel like thier are any caveats with regard to this Gen-2 Paddock it just is not as loud as I would like. My friends say it's loud. I may be the wrong person to ask.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Casey

01 NSX Red/Tan

Casey,

I'm glad you like it.....I know the both of us were wonderng if it will be loud enough for you, I guess not :D:D:D Hey man you will be fully satisfied with the mufferless X-Pipe, you could hear that thing over a Metallica concert!! I think like you said, the Gen-2 will be loud enough for most. Actually, my wife Karen asked me the other day if we still have the stock system. She said she wants me to re-install it when we drive to Florida next year, just for the trip.

How was the fit?? I would love to see some pictures of it on your car if you could post some.

I'm glad you like it, and even more glad that Ken will hook you up with what you want.

John

The exhaust sounds great and the install was fast and clean. The only thing that i didn't favor was the way it was shipped. It wasn't bad by any means, everything was covered. Just a lot of damn popcorn thingy's. Overall I highly recommend. Very pleased. Good looking out Jadkar. I'm sure Len3.8 would agree.
:D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D

Back