• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Paddock Performance Exhausts? (MagnaFlow)

Maybe we can all meet up this weekend to hear it if the weather is nice.

I'm very interested in hearing how it sounds too. Hoping it won't be as good as the Tubi so I won't have to buy it!

John keep up the great commentary.

Don

ps. Hi Nev!

Don,

That sounds great!! I think Sunday will be the only nice day. Lets plan something.

John

Hi Folks and The Don!

Yeah, if it is EARLY Sunday (before noon), I am up for it! Would love to hear the puppy!...........and meet up with you guys,....of course! :D After this I will have to be in the hospital.

Thanks- Cheers-

Nev

Damn!!!!!...I'm happy. I got the exhaust installed today, it looks and sounds so amazing. We dyno'd and I gained 10hp and 9lbs of torque!!! so I'm happy!! The weather outside was too sloppy to get on it on the way home, but I'm thinking 10hp difference may make a small improvement on acceleration. Hell, it doesn't matter because it's 22lbs lighter and sounds incredible. It sounds so throaty at idle, and that first initial rev coming of a traffic light sounds insane!! I have some pictures I will post below, but I really need help getting video out there for you guys. I have a before and after dyno run taken while looking at the dyno's PC monitor. In these videos you can see the HP and torque figures, as well as hear the difference in the 2 exhaust notes. Plus, I have that really cool 0-60 run I did with the stock exhaust. Please help!! If I don't hear back from anyone I will post it on my server at my house and open the firewall to you guys, the only problem with doing that is I have a very slow upload, so it will take you guys forever to download the videos. I would love to do it on Imagestation, but they are .AVI files and Sony doesn't handle those. Pictures are coming in a few minutes :D:D:D

Here are some pictures from my install :D:D

Old muf
fa860065.jpg

no muf
fa860037.jpg

This thing cut the flanges for the exhaust, it was basically a very huge computer plotter with a plasma cutter on it!!
fa85fffa.jpg

fa85ffb5.jpg

my pipes being bent
fa85ff74.jpg

old heavy, restricitve muf
fa85ff2d.jpg

fitting mine
fa85fefc.jpg

fa85fece.jpg

don't look while welding!!
fa85fe9b.jpg

finished
fa85fe43.jpg

in place (still has to be cleaned)
fa85fdf1.jpg

Installed
:)
fa85d5e3.jpg

on the dyno w/ new muf. Look at all the smoke from the new muf breaking in!!

fa85fdad.jpg

I will post more shots of the muffler on the car when I can get some good sunlight

OK....here is some video, but I'm warning you I don't thinkthis is gonna last. I set 1 of my servers up for FTP, however I have DSL with very bad upload, so it is gonna really be slow. Actually if a bunch of people try to download it may just crap out. We will have to see. I hope you guys get a chance to see these, it's great stuff.

You have to hit me by IP address, becuase I have DHCP on my WAN (if you don't understand, don't worry) just click below:

ftp://glasssphere.homeip.net

That will get you right into the correct folder (I'm not sure if you can FTP from a netscape browser) and IE has to be at least 5.0 This is a really bass ackwards way of doing this but it is all I have energy for right now :)

I going to sleep...My DL380s & fiber array are gonna be smoking tonight!!

Last edited:
dude, that looks awesome!

btw, no one has called me yet from Paddock Performance...

with the pics and video/audio files, you have me stoked up!!

oh yeah, you mentioned DL380s and DHCP.. what kind of business are you in?

I work for a managed hosting company and we use Compaq and HP servers..

This sounds great from what i hear in the sound files, but how obtrusive is it on the interior? im looking for no droning at cruising speeds between 60-100 mph in 5th. Basically about the same inside volume as a comptech, or preferably stock exhaust :)

i drove my friend's nsx with comptech exhaust from SJ to Seattle, it sounded SWEET for first 2 hours, and it gets really annoying for the rest 12 hours..

i want something really quiet (from inside the car), and only roar at and pass 3.5k rpm

i was hoping this exhaust to be a little quieter...

-jjc.

STLNSX said:
This sounds great from what i hear in the sound files, but how obtrusive is it on the interior? im looking for no droning at cruising speeds between 60-100 mph in 5th. Basically about the same inside volume as a comptech, or preferably stock exhaust :)

Exhaust

Hi John-

Glad you are happy with your exhaust. I could not access the files today, so I will attempt tomorrow with another setup at work. Keep me in touch if this weekend is good for you.

Thanks-

Nev:D

***Guys Please don't worry, the group buy is still on***

I have not posted how many people responded to me but there's a whole bunch. Paddock is calling everyone as we speak, it's just a matter where you are in the bunch. What is happening is when ever Steve or Ken calls someone they end up on the phone for 30-40 minutes answering questions. This is fine, but you can imagine how much time it takes, especially when they have a store front with foot traffic to deal with as well:D:D Stay patient, they wil call you. When I was at Paddock myself getting mine installed Ken spoke with 3 people, all of which heard my car over the phone:):)

Sorry, I didn't answer you before.....
oh yeah, you mentioned DL380s and DHCP.. what kind of business are you in?

I work for a managed hosting company and we use Compaq and HP servers..
I'm a windows server engineer/architect for a large German bank on Wall St. in NYC

Hi Jadkar, you mentioned that only the white NSX and the straight pipe were MIG welded. No offense, but from the picture of the exhaust on the black NSX, it still looks like it is either MIG welded or they cannot TIG weld that well.

For comparison, here is a picture of hand made TIG welded straight pipes.
Notice the quality of the TIG welds on the flanges.

TAITEC_straight_pipe.jpg

Attachments

• magnaflow.jpg
    magnaflow.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 822
The black car, which is mine.....was MIG welded as well. I live local, mine was put together on my car, piece by piece as you can see in the photos. They didn't use their jig to asmeble mine. I know you keep stressing the TIG issue (for some reason). I can assure you the ones that are going out will be TIG welded, not MIG.

What part # for the Magnaflow is being used? What is the diameter of the system, 2.25 or 2.5? I am a Tool&Die Maker/Fabricator and plan on building my exhaust system over the winter. All of the stainless tubing can be supplied by Burns Stainless Products. As far a Tig vs. Mig, a very good Mig welder can produce very nice looking welds. Someone earlier asked what the difference is. TIG = tungsten inert gas and MIG = Metal inert gas. Most use Argon for tig machines and Carbon Dioxide for mig machines. TIG uses a tungsten tip to establish a arc to melt the base metal and then a filler rod must be manually applied to join the base material. MIG uses the actual filler rod as the electrode which is automatically applied through the nozzle to the base material. On most TIG welding machines, the welder has complete control of how much heat is applied to the base material via a foot pedal controlled potentiometer. Most MIG machines have a preset power level and is not adjustable during the actual welding process. This is the biggest reason that most TIG welds look better, but that does not necessarily mean that the TIG weld is better. Almost anyone can pick up a MIG welder and put parts together but it won't look real pretty, but TIG welding takes a fair amount of experience and talent to create pretty welds. I much prefer TIG to MIG, but that's just because of the cosmetic value and versatility of the TIG process.

ZR-1 NSX - Thank you very much for the explanation of TIG vs MIG :) I really don't know much about it. The exhaust piping is 2.5, as for the magnaflow part number, I'm not sure. However, I will be up there tomorrow and can find out for you, or you can just give them a call. Ask for Steve or Ken, they will be more then happy to get that info for you:) 845-429-4115

FYI
The 550 Spyder on the 1st page of the thread is not original. It is a re-creation by a company called Vintage Spyders in CA. Similar to a Beck, but a little nicer finish in my opinion. I have almost the identical car, except mine has a black interior, not burgundy. Original 550's have all aluminum interior panels. They are fun cars. Mine is 1400 lbs wet with a 186hp motor:)
Pics are at http://photos.yahoo.com/ziggymeredith under "Vintage"

Last edited:
ZR-1 NSX said:
What part # for the Magnaflow is being used? What is the diameter of the system, 2.25 or 2.5?

It is a part number, 14386, one of magnaflow's new line... dual in/out with 2.5 (it's one of their 4x9 oval exhaust with 14'' in length (20'' in overall).

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/ss.htm

yeah...you know what's funny is I asked Ken the other day. I said you know I posted that your 550 is original it is right?? He said no, neither is the cobra. I meant to correct my post, but you can Imagine I'm a bit busy these days:D The Elise is real though, that's his track car:):)

You didn't hear my 1998 NSX is a kit car, it's made from a AMC pacer:D:D:D

ZR-1 NSX said:
What part # for the Magnaflow is being used? What is the diameter of the system, 2.25 or 2.5?

A quick web search came up with these possibilities:
Big exhaust.com has 2 Magnaflow mufflers offering 2.5 dual inlet/2.5 dual outlet, priced at $118.80 for part #14568 and $132.50 for part #14468. Both being 4X9 Oval made out of stainless steel.

No acces to FTP

I'm not getting through to the FTP page. It says that I don't have permission to acces the page:( Someone host the vids! I want to see them!!:D

Conor

Back