One '94 NSX...a snow storm...and an owner who may be a little 'off'...OH MY!!

I still don't see how you put 4 spare rims & tires on your passenger seat?
You must be amazing.

djdrock said:
Mitch..again, you are nuts. But I am almost as nuts driving and MR2 (as I have now for 9 winters). :biggrin:

LOL!! I was looking for other NSX's around the city...but I guess I was alone for my snow drive. ;)

Yeah...I would say driving your MR2 around in the winter is right up there with me, in as far as choice in snow cars goes. :D

ANYTIME said:
Awesome! Those pics are making me feel cold while I am sitting here in my jeans and Tshirt :biggrin:

I may just have to beat you up now. I think the sun has come out here for a little bit....that counts, right?? :biggrin: :tongue:

95EagleAWD said:
You guys are slowly convincing me I might not need a winter car next year...

Why buy a separate car that is less fun just because of a little bit of snow?? The NSX is a wonderful machine, and if you have to only own one car it is a pretty good choice. Assuming you do not have to haul a family around in it or something. ;)

Tony Montoya said:
Looks great!

It's not he snow stopping me, it's all the fricking sand and salt. We have more sand than snow on the roads right now.

I installed 3M Clear Bra on the front, and intend to wash the car regularly top to bottom, and underneath, to minimize the effects of the sloppy stuff.

jimmycinla said:
One word...
DONUTS!!!!!

Been there, done that!! As you might be able to tell from one of those night shots, I went to an empty parking lot at a Saturn dealer and did some nice formations in the snow with the TCS off and the gas pedal ON!!! :D

midNight Sun Xpress said:
Coming from an area with 6-7 months winter, leaving the car in the garage for the whole season was not an option. After e-mailing with one of the Canadians, I was convinced the NSX could be used during winter as well. I have encountered two major problems; one is the crossings where there can be really big heaps of snow and in the NSX it is difficukt to see if there are some other car passing so I have to sneak out slowly and have a peek first. The other is that the NSX being an exotic creates twice as much attention in the winter season. :-)
As a winter car with the engine placed above the wheels, this creates the best grip possible + TCS and ABS makes the NSX the best 2WD I have ever had.
I am using Yokohama Winter on mine.

LOL!! I am facing many of these same issues!! Especially the curious looks of amazement from SUV and sedan drivers as a blitz past them in the snow and slush in my NSX while they are crawling along in their 'more suitable' winter vehicles. Hehehe. ;)

The TCS is usually switched off in my car as I prefer to actually drive the car with a minimal amount of electronic 'babysitters'. I figure that it will make me a better driver to learn to control the car with my mind instead of relying on the electronic brain of the car......but then again, I am nuts I guess. :D

rickysals said:
...I love to see people drive their cars :)

Me too!! That is why I am always trying to get people to enjoy their vehicles and not be so worried about mileage and usualess stuff like that. I will concede that not everyone should or would enjoy driving their NSX in the snow like I do, but I do think that some owners need to relax a bit with their cars.

NSXLuvr said:
OK. You are positively nuts. There is no denying that.

However, I do have a question for Mitch. Why did you pick your newer NSX to be abused in the winter. If you *HAD* to pick one, Why not the 1991 NSX. :confused:

either way. I would say the samething as John(Anytime) but today it was 20 degrees in Tyler.:eek: :eek: Don't feel to bad for me - its supposed to be 65 this wknd. :biggrin:

1.) Yeah...I know I am nuts, but I am okay with that and the meds the nice doctor gave me help me sleep at night and quiet the voices. ;)

2.) I do not consider it abuse. It is just a little snow and dirt. Drag racing a car or doing a clutch drop from a stop light is abuse, this is just getting a car dirty.

3.) I chose the '94 NSX because it is a manual transmission car and my '91 NSX is an automatic. I have far more fun driving the '94.

4.) Cars were meant to be driven, so I just drive mine. :)

martin said:
Hi Mitch

Great pictures. Keep them coming.

My NSX is parked and will probably not see snow at all this season. If I had the NSX closer to where I live I am pretty sure I would take it out for a drive.

Actually I need people to die before I can get a garage where I live. A lot of old people own there own garage with their Hyundai's in the complex where I live. And it seems like my Rammstein playing and watering outside to make it slippery does not help :)

I would like a MR2 to practice my drifting skills during winter. My 1983 Golf is not that fun during winter, but it works.

Drive carefully and be sure to have a great time.

Regards

Thanks, Martin!! I will get some more pictures loaded on here and I have some good stories to type, but I will do those later tonight when I have enough time. Until then, I will drive carefully and enjoy another day in the great world of NSX ownership. :)

Meeyatch1 said:
1.) Yeah...I know I am nuts, but I am okay with that and the meds the nice doctor gave me help me sleep at night and quiet the voices. ;)

2.) I do not consider it abuse. It is just a little snow and dirt. Drag racing a car or doing a clutch drop from a stop light is abuse, this is just getting a car dirty.

3.) I chose the '94 NSX because it is a manual transmission car and my '91 NSX is an automatic. I have far more fun driving the '94.

4.) Cars were meant to be driven, so I just drive mine. :)

your 91 is an auto???:eek:

BLASTIMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

:rolleyes:

Meeyatch1 said:
I installed 3M Clear Bra on the front, and intend to wash the car regularly top to bottom, and underneath, to minimize the effects of the sloppy stuff.

Where are you washing it? I went to the Mikes Express Self Wash recently when my car got covered with dirty spray but its kind of a hassle, not to mention ridiculously cold when you bust out the wash mitt!:eek: I'd prefer just to pay for a hand wash if I could find one.

MCM said:
That's as daring as sitting on your wing!:biggrin:
(would like to see a shot of you sitting on your wing in uniform while someone is driving your car in the snow) {photo chop- opp}
I hope other drivers see you, your white 94 really blends in with your climate!
Agree, why pick on your white 94? Not sure about Canada but there were
only 26 white 94's in the states (not counting the 6 autos). Really hope we don't see a post where your 94 is crunched due to other drivers / conditions.
Have fun! & let us know the legnth of your longest 4 wheel drift this season! :wink:

LOL!! Yeah, sitting on the wing while driving in the snow may be a little too crazy, and sure as heck is cold!!! :D

Actually, there are only 20 Grand Prix White NSX's with Onyx interior and manual transmissions from 1994, so I guess I am in big trouble there. ;)

I am not really picking on my car, I am just driving it. I love my car and despite what some may think, I actually take very good care of it. Every couple months I put the car on jack stands, take off all the wheels, clean the entire underside and suspension, and wax the car. Plus, everytime I wash the car I clean the engine bay and front compartment, as well as vacuum the car. This may sound nuts, but my car with a little dirt on it is probably in better overall shape than some cars with less mileage and owners who neglect maintaining them. I take care of my baby and it takes care of me!! :smile: :wink:

Big_nate said:
Where are you washing it? I went to the Mikes Express Self Wash recently when my car got covered with dirty spray but its kind of a hassle, not to mention ridiculously cold when you bust out the wash mitt!:eek: I'd prefer just to pay for a hand wash if I could find one.

on allisonville between 106th and 116th on the west side of the street by a gas station theres a touchless car wash I goto....but I'd recommend redrying it yourself

Dan Ciesniewski said:
your 91 is an auto???:eek:

BLASTIMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

:rolleyes:

I bought it when I was in Chicago for 2 years, so it made sense at the time considering traffic and all.

Big_nate said:

I have access to some heated and garaged wash bays. Even without those I would brave the cold if I had to.

Meeyatch1 said:
I bought it when I was in Chicago for 2 years, so it made sense at the time considering traffic and all.

well at least you looked good :D

and it you ever need expensive donor parts (like and engine) you can just swap em :biggrin:

Dan Ciesniewski said:
on allisonville between 106th and 116th on the west side of the street by a gas station theres a touchless car wash I goto....but I'd recommend redrying it yourself

When are you getting your car back so we can go for a drive?? I have lived here since late July and still never seen your car!! :confused:

Meeyatch1 said:
I have access to some heated and garaged wash bays. Even without those I would brave the cold if I had to.

if you'll wash my car Ill drive in the snow with ya...or at least try too ;)

Meeyatch1 said:
When are you getting your car back so we can go for a drive?? I have lived here since late July and still never seen your car!! :confused:

it went off road Aug. 8th.....i think

I think its all done, I just need to go pick it up now :D

maybe Monday or Tuesday I hope :)

Hey Meeyatch, are you trying to catch up to Ken, you just posted 10 replies in a row. :confused: Or do you just like typing to hear your self talk. :tongue:

prova4re said:
Hey Meeyatch, are you trying to catch up to Ken, you just posted 10 replies in a row. :confused: Or do you just like typing to hear your self talk. :tongue:

Do not make me plant a foot dead in your a$$, prova!! :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You should have seen the amount of sludge I knocked off of this car yesterday!! WOW!! :eek:

Back