NSX vs. s2000

I'd have to say the S2k is as trusty as my ol' pick up truck. Dependable, no second thoughts as to driving it like any other car to the supermarket, mall, etc. Only the S2k is a BAZILLION times more fun than my trusty ol' pick up truck.

To me the NSX is the next logical step-up from the S2K, just like the
S2K was to the 5th gen Prelude. Atleast, that's where I am heading ..
and will hopefully be able to keep both. :)

vtec29k said:
To me the NSX is the next logical step-up from the S2K, just like the
S2K was to the 5th gen Prelude. Atleast, that's where I am heading ..
and will hopefully be able to keep both. :)

Work hard to get both! I was miserable w/o my S2K even with the NSX and an M3. You really miss that light weight and tossability. I'm so happy now and can't wait to get past the break in period:biggrin:

After driving the NSX for months now, and no S2k to drive anymore when I want, I'm afraid of spinning out when I push a S2k hard NOW. Just doesn't feel as "solid" and "planted" when I take out a S2k, but that's MY "feel" so I don't know anymore. Think I just spoiled myself, lol.

maybe i am too late to the discussion...

anyhow as the owner of a modded(NA) 2002 s2k i have noticed some interesting things. my s2 makes 221.2rwhp 143.5rwtq(mustang dyno), i recently had a little fun with a stock 91 Na1. from a dig i could pull i half car through second and in third the nsx would pull back and we ran dead even to about 110 or so. from a roll at 40 or so i could stay even with the X for 2 and then at the top of 3rd the X started moving.

soon my ap1 will be replaced with an Na1, but i have to agree that stock for stock the X is a faster car.

AP1-NA1 said:
maybe i am too late to the discussion...

anyhow as the owner of a modded(NA) 2002 s2k i have noticed some interesting things. my s2 makes 221.2rwhp 143.5rwtq(mustang dyno), i recently had a little fun with a stock 91 Na1. from a dig i could pull i half car through second and in third the nsx would pull back and we ran dead even to about 110 or so. from a roll at 40 or so i could stay even with the X for 2 and then at the top of 3rd the X started moving.

soon my ap1 will be replaced with an Na1, but i have to agree that stock for stock the X is a faster car.

Even a modded NA S2K is no match for a stock NA1 NSX... I know this for a fact. I had a great deal of fun seeing a friend and fellow club member constantly upgrading his S2K to try and beat me in my stock '93 NSX... 1st and second the S2K had the jump on me (because I always had the TCS on! :rolleyes: and the car would bog down) but as soon as I hit VTECH in second it was all over... Bye bye S2K... :wink:

He concluded that to really be able to keep up with me he needed to supercharge it... And he is right! But being a sensible sort of guy, he realised that it would be a waste of money and is instead, searching for an NSX now... :smile:

I can tell you having sold my S, I truly miss driving it. Luckily I sold it to my younger bro so it is staying in the family. I do miss it as my daily driver though.

I just bought a Fit for the daily grind. It's fun but it's no S2k:frown:

Oh wait..., I have an NA1 in my garage...okay I feel better now :biggrin:

I have both of that cars & 2 Civic's now.
S2000 what I have is beeing Comptech sc w ac / 7psi pulley / AEM ems & other mods.
Id have to say it will start push better at 0km/h and my S2000 go 0-200km/h ( 0-125mph) about 18second's.
My S2000 have almost 400hp dyno dynamometer.
It fun to drive.

NSX feels to run much better after 220km/h (~135mph --->).
But my NSX is bone stock at the moment and it run fast enough after 100km/ h (62mph).
Nice car & very stable @ fast driving.
I enjoy my new toy NSX :smile: .

Can't wait time when I have opportunity to buy Comptech sc or turbo to my car.
That time is coming about next 1,5 to 2 years :smile:
Some other mod. I will do soon ...:smile:
-Pegi-

The NSX and S2000 should be sold together as a set....kinda like a salt and pepper shaker....they just belong together.. lol :biggrin:

tbck2793 said:
The NSX and S2000 should be sold together as a set....kinda like a salt and pepper shaker....they just belong together.. lol :biggrin:

:biggrin:

AU_NSX said:
Even a modded NA S2K is no match for a stock NA1 NSX... I know this for a fact. I had a great deal of fun seeing a friend and fellow club member constantly upgrading his S2K to try and beat me in my stock '93 NSX... 1st and second the S2K had the jump on me (because I always had the TCS on! :rolleyes: and the car would bog down) but as soon as I hit VTECH in second it was all over... Bye bye S2K... :wink:

He concluded that to really be able to keep up with me he needed to supercharge it... And he is right! But being a sensible sort of guy, he realised that it would be a waste of money and is instead, searching for an NSX now... :smile:
:biggrin: sounds just like the encounters i've had!

tbck2793 said:

hehe thats a good idea! I've got the s2k now...it's a fun little car some days..i don't like it some days i love it. It lacks the looks of the nsx..which is what i'm aiming for. I love the 9k redline and all digital dash. I'd like to keep it and buy an nsx..but i doubt i'll be able to do so. I'm sure once i snag the nsx, i'll be looking for an s2k as a daily driver!

I've thought about selling the S2000 and getting another earlier model NSX. But I really think I would miss the contrast between the two...The NSX to me is like an S2000 "REFINED".

tbck2793 said:
I've thought about selling the S2000 and getting another earlier model NSX. But I really think I would miss the contrast between the two...The NSX to me is like an S2000 "REFINED".

Don't do it! I sold my S2000 and missed it terribly and just wasn't happy until I got another one. Besides if you listen to a lot of people here they'll tell you your 05 NSX isn't any different from their 91-96 ,Honda didn't change anything at all ,blah blah blah.....you get my point:wink:

WingZ, I love the color of your S btw! Is it really close in comparison to our Long Beach Blue on the NSX? Haven't seen the Laguna in person.

tbck2793 said:
WingZ, I love the color of your S btw! Is it really close in comparison to our Long Beach Blue on the NSX? Haven't seen the Laguna in person.

Thanks.

It's actually a bit darker which you can only tell when they're next to each other. I was sooooo happy they put this colour on an S2K:biggrin:

Hey can you post a pic of your Rio next to the LBBP? I'll bet that's a nice match in the driveway.

WingZ said:
Thanks.

It's actually a bit darker which you can only tell when they're next to each other. I was sooooo happy they put this colour on an S2K:biggrin:

Hey can you post a pic of your Rio next to the LBBP? I'll bet that's a nice match in the driveway.

I don't know how to post a pic in the thread.....but below is a link to my gallery on her that has pics of my cars together:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/s...02&[email protected]&password=

tiki240 said:
So ill be starting my new job soon, and im looking at between 38-42k a year. I have gone through a SR powered 240sx, FD rx7, and a MKIII supra. My current daily is a honda prelude im building for my little sister as her first car. Im now looking towards my future car and wondering which Is the better deal. either a 91-92 nsx, or an s2000. impracticality isnt a big factor for me, im 20 going on 21 on the 19th of this month, single, no kids etc etc. and from my previous cars, ive never really had a "practical" car. so my question to you guys, which will offer more of the following:

-Driving pleasure (given NSX-T's werent made till later)
-Reliability
-handling
-moddibility (if i were to go NSX it would be I/H/E/Nitro) (s2000 would be supercharged or turbo)
-overall appreciation of the car

thanks all. and yeah, this is my first post on prime :biggrin:
B O T H nothing but the best i had a 00 s2000 with a lot hot parts vortech mugen dc apexi fidanza clutch masters etc i loved it i missed it but nsx is an nsx i sit and watch mu its even damaged and i wax it so that tells everything .....
dimitris

Have both. Be happy :smile: :wink:

So what did the OP actually end up getting??

I got a 02 S2K with 15K miles, i have no complaints, + i can wait 3 more years now and get a 97+ NSX ... i'm also was for almost a year beetwen a 91-92 100+K miles nsx or a low miles S2000 ... well i came to a conclusion, NSX's are too rare to drive everyday ... if i get a NSX will be a weekend/track car, while my S2k will be a commuter/track car ... and i'm Keepeing my Prelude because i love that car too much :) long live the NSX!!

Oscar

Back