Nsx Prime / CRIBS

Six months old, on the 14th green.

Newpic2.jpg

NewPic.jpg

A bit under 6,000 sq ft (not counting the basement or attic). 6-car garage. Home theater with stadium seating for 10. Meridian reference audio and Runco (VX2000) projector and video controller.

For the guys building the mega-homes, if you haven't already planned it, think whole-house automation system. I have all AMX gear - lighting control, sound, audio, video, security, HVAC, etc. Not a single traditional switch anywhere - all color LCD touch screens. I programmed a soft button called "leave" which turns off all of the lights, sets the HVAC to the appropriate level, turns off any fireplace that might be on, etc. I got tired of running all over the house before leaving to check lights, etc. With your mega-houses, home automation is probably a given.

Also have an Eaton full-house backup generator, gas and water supplies. If our town every has an outage of any utility, we'll never know it (unless it lasts for like 2 weeks).

Also, we have a 5x8 raised-floor server room - a must in today's high-tech houses. I'll snap a pic in the next couple of days - between the home automation equipment, A/V, 7 TB of media storage, the PBX, networking gear, etc. - my server room is packed. I wish it were larger so I could put in a desk and a couple of monitors. I am currently using laptops on rack-mounted pull out drawers for my monitors.

is this in Ocean Colony?

Looking good Ritesh. I'm sure your driveway is nice and low for your GT3 lip :)

When's the GTG going to be? :biggrin:

Ritesh, looks like Pa bluestone....good choice:wink:

d
looks like the hills in brisbane. im over here in hillsborough:tongue:

id that fire last year on the "south san francisco, the industrial city" hill get near your house at all?

If you live in hillsborough for those that have no idea, it has some of the highest real estate in the country. I'm sure you ain't printin t-shirts in your garage! HA!

I'm on the other side of Sign Mountain.

d

If you live in hillsborough for those that have no idea, it has some of the highest real estate in the country. I'm sure you ain't printin t-shirts in your garage! HA!

I'm on the other side of Sign Mountain.

yea my area is really nice and i do well for myself but the fact of the matter is that my grandma bought this house in the 1950's for about $35,000. last time i had it appraised it was worth about $2.75M. i love my house. its like a huge tree fort on the side of a hill. during the 89 earthquake, my house didnt even budge because of the roots in the tree holding together the foundation and the fact that the house was built on really solid bedrock.

its a crazy story about my house. a developer from chicago in the 40's was building houses in my neighborhood and he built my house for himself and his family. the day before his family were to fly in from chicago, he got drunk and fell off the balcony onto his head dying instantly. then they couldnt sell the house for almost ten years. then my grandma and grandpa moved up here from LA and bought it and here i am.

here is a picture of the back of my house. the front of the house isnt that exciting.

DSCN0857.jpg

+1

Although, I would have to put a huge stone penis in my round-about.

:biggrin:

cmon now john you have to live somewhere:wink: Why not post a real pick:smile: Don't tell me you live in that fancy racecar.

roll in the barrel, and a block of fine cheese....and i'll pretend to be your spectator. oh yes, i'll even cheer...:rolleyes::biggrin::tongue:

Hi Steve,
We grow Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
I have a number of acres in which we had to pull out vines, and we are planning on planting Petite Sirah and Cabernet Franc. Any suggestions of other varietals that I should consider?

You're on for tennis! Are you a serve and volleyer or baseliner?

Thanks.

yea my area is really nice and i do well for myself but the fact of the matter is that my grandma bought this house in the 1950's for about $35,000. last time i had it appraised it was worth about $2.75M. i love my house. its like a huge tree fort on the side of a hill. during the 89 earthquake, my house didnt even budge because of the roots in the tree holding together the foundation and the fact that the house was built on really solid bedrock.

its a crazy story about my house. a developer from chicago in the 40's was building houses in my neighborhood and he built my house for himself and his family. the day before his family were to fly in from chicago, he got drunk and fell off the balcony onto his head dying instantly. then they couldnt sell the house for almost ten years. then my grandma and grandpa moved up here from LA and bought it and here i am.

here is a picture of the back of my house. the front of the house isnt that exciting.

DSCN0857.jpg

Like they say : LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION :smile:

Hey thats cool. Does that guy really live in that plane?

Yep. In OR.... http://www.airplanehome.com/

Back in the days, when my Uncle was a pilot for PanAm, they had an old 707 on the ramp at JFK that was gutted and filled with bunk beds for a crash pad for pilots that were coming in the night before a trip or to crash before commuting home the next morning. Pilot's are cheap. In fact, I was in our JFK Ops the other night and some pilot had set up a tent in our SMALL ops area 30x30. I hate to think about what is to come.... they are moving 3/4 of our airline from CVG to JFK this summer. That is why I went back to First Officer as I refuse to commute to JFK.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm very impressed with these "houses". I thought I was doing well by selling all my stock to put a down payment on a 1,000sqft rental property last summer. Not that I'm complaining (haven't found much to complain about in my life), but it seems like all I do is work, then when I get some free time I work some more. :smile: I guess fortunately for me, I've never been a "big house" kinda guy, so I'm pretty easily satisfied. Except for that lack of garage space!!

Dan

Printing t-shirts in my garage has worked out okay.:smile:

Great looking car there.... the white one!:biggrin:

Carguy, You are my hero.

John, your home looks gorgeous. I love that garage.

Last edited:
We grow Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
I have a number of acres in which we had to pull out vines, and we are planning on planting Petite Sirah and Cabernet Franc. Any suggestions of other varietals that I should consider? Thanks.
As vinophiles, we are always thrilled with the term "old vine zinfandel".
If there is any way you can replant those to your property, the sky is the limit!

Brian and Judi

As vinophiles, we are always thrilled with the term "old vine zinfandel".
If there is any way you can replant those to your property, the sky is the limit!

Brian and Judi

Hi Brian and Judi,
Thank you for the suggestion. I have definitely considered zin.
I'm actually taking a few viticulture and enology classes, and have now been introduced to other varietals which I had not considered. Here are a few:
Primativo
Pinot Gris
Albarino Rias Baixas
Sauvignon Blanc
Viognier
Grenache Noir
Mourvedre
Cinsaut
Carignan
Touriga Nacional

Any thoughts?

Here are some pictures I took a few days ago.

Natural growing mustard in 4 acres of vineyard. The other 16 acres has Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Old vines were torn out of the mustard section a few years ago, and this sea of yellow arrives around this time each year:

IMGP1023.jpg

IMGP1026.jpg

IMGP1033.jpg

Cabernet Sauvignon (and Merlot way in the back):

IMGP1040.jpg

IMGP1043.jpg

I couldn't pass up taking some pics of the yellow widebody with the mustard in the background.

IMGP1049.jpg

IMGP1045.jpg

Last edited:
Yawwn

Were you able to sell your other home?

This new place looks sweet. I'll take a bottle of red when they're ready :biggrin:

Here are some pictures I took a few days ago.

Natural growing mustard in 4 acres of vineyard. The other 16 acres has Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
Old vines were torn out of the mustard section a few years ago, and this sea of yellow arrives around this time each year:

IMGP1023.jpg

IMGP1026.jpg

IMGP1033.jpg

Cabernet Sauvignon (and Merlot way in the back):

IMGP1040.jpg

IMGP1043.jpg

I couldn't pass up taking some pics of the yellow widebody with the mustard in the background.

IMGP1049.jpg

IMGP1045.jpg
it'd be great to have an overhead of that car sitting in the mustard field, along the lines of the old Clover / Stornetta Milk campaign, "Outstanding in its field".

photoshopped, perhaps?

My crib -- Trying really hard to be my-excrib.. nobody wants to buy her! 2,800 sqft on a golf course. I love the home. Wish I could bring it with me to JAX.

Some old school pix here.

n556615168_107291_3980.jpg

n556615168_119299_5235.jpg

n556615168_119300_5498.jpg

I miss my white NSX. :(

Last edited:
Back