Nsx Prime / CRIBS

Nice homes,all. Looks like a bunch of prime regulars have built or are in the proccess of building "dream" homes. nsxbuilder,carguy,yawwn,nsxluvr,myself...anyone else?

Nice homes,all. Looks like a bunch of prime regulars have built or are in the proccess of building "dream" homes. nsxbuilder,carguy,yawwn,nsxluvr,myself...anyone else?

I hope none of the homes are using PVC pipping-gas lines, the older homes use Cooper. Quality is never an accident.lol

Snap...i'm too embarrassed to post pics now!

I am not putting another dollar into my house as I am getting out of NY in the next 5-10 years. I hate the weather here.

I doubt I will build a house. I am really tired of all the anchors that come with a house and would really like to get a high end rental in Cali or Florida after I sell all my RE.

One is for yawwn i was'nt kidding the other for carguy his entrance and ours are similar:wink:

Attachments

• fireplace gr.jpg
    fireplace gr.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 249
  • entrance.jpg
    entrance.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 277
Hi Steve,
We grow Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
I have a number of acres in which we had to pull out vines, and we are planning on planting Petite Sirah and Cabernet Franc. Any suggestions of other varietals that I should consider?

You're on for tennis! Are you a serve and volleyer or baseliner?

Thanks.

Malbec and Carmenere ftw! :cool:

I am not putting another dollar into my house as I am getting out of NY in the next 5-10 years. I hate the weather here.

I doubt I will build a house. I am really tired of all the anchors that come with a house and would really like to get a high end rental in Cali or Florida after I sell all my RE.

It will probably take you more than 5-10 years to sell ALL of it.

I think I counted 11 garage doors in total................that should just about suffice :biggrin:

Most awesome!
Brian

There are 11 garage doors, but I don't think one of them was visible in the pictures. It is at the back of the curved garage to allow me to pull my motorhome and trailer straight in.

I did go a little overboard with the garages and I was a little suprised I didn't get more resistance from my wife! We are also putting in a lift from the curved garage to be able to lower cars into the basement to have on display.

There are 11 garage doors, but I don't think one of them was visible in the pictures. It is at the back of the curved garage to allow me to pull my motorhome and trailer straight in.

I did go a little overboard with the garages and I was a little suprised I didn't get more resistance from my wife! We are also putting in a lift from the curved garage to be able to lower cars into the basement to have on display.

Now THAT is P-double I-M-P.... people.

Incredible Carguy!!!
What a jaw-dropping estate.

Here are a couple of pictures of the estate we designed to build in the middle of our vineyard. It took over a year to design and get approval for this home.

a626.jpg

9314.jpg

Hopefully, we can consider starting construction after we sell our current home.

Hey Yawwn,
What city in Ca is your property located?
All the houses mentioned above are just absolutely beautifull...
But to have it in California :eek: Is seriously impressive...

Currently homeless. I am posting this from the bus station.

One is for yawwn i was'nt kidding the other for carguy his entrance and ours are similar:wink:

LOL Doc! That's great :smile:

Hey Yawwn,
What city in Ca is your property located?
All the houses mentioned above are just absolutely beautifull...
But to have it in California :eek: Is seriously impressive...

I am located in the Tri-Valley area of the SF Bay Area, probably 40 miles from your location.

Six months old, on the 14th green.

Newpic2.jpg

NewPic.jpg

A bit under 6,000 sq ft (not counting the basement or attic). 6-car garage. Home theater with stadium seating for 10. Meridian reference audio and Runco (VX2000) projector and video controller.

For the guys building the mega-homes, if you haven't already planned it, think whole-house automation system. I have all AMX gear - lighting control, sound, audio, video, security, HVAC, etc. Not a single traditional switch anywhere - all color LCD touch screens. I programmed a soft button called "leave" which turns off all of the lights, sets the HVAC to the appropriate level, turns off any fireplace that might be on, etc. I got tired of running all over the house before leaving to check lights, etc. With your mega-houses, home automation is probably a given.

Also have an Eaton full-house backup generator, gas and water supplies. If our town every has an outage of any utility, we'll never know it (unless it lasts for like 2 weeks).

Also, we have a 5x8 raised-floor server room - a must in today's high-tech houses. I'll snap a pic in the next couple of days - between the home automation equipment, A/V, 7 TB of media storage, the PBX, networking gear, etc. - my server room is packed. I wish it were larger so I could put in a desk and a couple of monitors. I am currently using laptops on rack-mounted pull out drawers for my monitors.

I am located in the Tri-Valley area of the SF Bay Area, probably 40 miles from your location.

Six months old, on the 14th green.

Newpic2.jpg

NewPic.jpg

A bit under 6,000 sq ft (not counting the basement or attic). 6-car garage. Home theater with stadium seating for 10. Meridian reference audio and Runco (VX2000) projector and video controller.

For the guys building the mega-homes, if you haven't already planned it, think whole-house automation system. I have all AMX gear - lighting control, sound, audio, video, security, HVAC, etc. Not a single traditional switch anywhere - all color LCD touch screens. I programmed a soft button called "leave" which turns off all of the lights, sets the HVAC to the appropriate level, turns off any fireplace that might be on, etc. I got tired of running all over the house before leaving to check lights, etc. With your mega-houses, home automation is probably a given.

Also have an Eaton full-house backup generator, gas and water supplies. If our town every has an outage of any utility, we'll never know it (unless it lasts for like 2 weeks).

Also, we have a 5x8 raised-floor server room - a must in today's high-tech houses. I'll snap a pic in the next couple of days - between the home automation equipment, A/V, 7 TB of media storage, the PBX, networking gear, etc. - my server room is packed. I wish it were larger so I could put in a desk and a couple of monitors. I am currently using laptops on rack-mounted pull out drawers for my monitors.

Damn you two. J/k
To obtain what you have and to do it in the BayArea is just seriously impressive. Hats off to you guys...

Snap...i'm too embarrassed to post pics now!

While not everyone has the means to be able to own homes like the beautiful ones posted, we can simply be thankful that they can give us a taste of something to aspire to and admire :)

After all, two things that made life in America great are (1) the fact that through hard work, living dreams like theirs is possible, and (2) that whether our accomplishments are great or small, it is always relative.

When it all comes down to nuts and bolts, we are, in fact, simply living our own respective dreams as best we can, loving our families, and that, my friend, is something to be proud of :) . So don't be embarrassed to have less, be proud of what you have......

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.....

139-3930_IMG.jpg

Hondacura world, Nice! And you are right wealth is a relative term:smile: TC great looking home and 7 tb:eek: My imaging center has a 7tb spinning disc and that should last us about 3-4 yrs:wink:I should say you will never record enough movies to have to worry:wink:I'm a oldschool kinda guy.We have a traditional lighting system but exterior lights are programable.It is nice to have the house prewired though with the cat5 and whole house audio,no electronics/wires in sight.Any pics of the garage?

Last edited:
Well hell - I was about to post something funny but this has derailed into a somewhat serious thread.:smile:

This is our house under construction. It has a Texas Hill country look. We are hopefully moving in by Jan/09.

IMG_1882.jpg

Back