NSX Craze November 20-22 - Austin & Hill Country

Looks like the track day is gonna be great!
Here's an answer to a few things I saw;

I am thinking of going.
But I was wondering if I might be able to run the C63 on the track. I leave Thursday for the AMG Drivers Academy Level II event at Laguna Seca, but have yet to take mine on the track. Would that be OK, or would I need to bring the NSX?

I don't personally care if you run your AMG at the track, but it would be great if you had your NSX for the rest of the event. Although, we would rather have you with your AMG (if that's a deciding factor) that not have you at all.

Anyway we can do the Friday Night CRAZE at Brooklyn Heights Pizzeria (nice FULL bar here in Avery Ranch)?
The owner is a good friend of mine and has promised VERY REASONABLE drink specials for the NSX crew. There is also plenty of FREE parking available.
Sounds good to me. Just make sure you put up a map so that the H Town (Jeff's) caravan knows how to get there as well as the Dallas folk(s). I'll try and check out the place tomorrow. Let me know if you wanna meet there. You've got my cell.

im still not sure if im gonna track (leaning towards not), but i have 3 medium helmets if anybody needs one.

Kelly, you can always run with the novice group. It isn't balls to the wall and you will find it completely rewarding and have a sense of fullfilling accomplishment. In other words; take your tampon out, wipe your tears off your vagina with it, and run the track! Also, what grown man wears MEDIUM???? You're thirty something years old and I don't care if it fits, get a LARGE!!! Damn I miss hanging with my boy!!!!:biggrin:

Anybody else miss Jose chimming in?

I'll start posting times and such Tuesday after I check out the Pizzeria for Friday. A little change could be good!

No need to post a map to the pizzeria i found it! :biggrin:

Mr. Garmin will get us there :tongue:

1. Luis - TxChopperGuy (TRACK)
2. Jeff Baker - JBNSX719 (TRACK)
3. Greg M (*&^%%$#@!&* Z!!!!! ) - Greg Z (TRACK)
4. Blaine - Blackoutz (TRACK)
5. Kelley - Ko-nsx (TRACK - maybe, undecided)
6. Nick - FastRunner (TRACK)
7. Todd - trainingrevolution
8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan - unlemming (TRACK)
10. Scott - TXvsLV (TRACK)
11. Umar - Osiris_x11
12. Matt - Matt_337 (TRACK)
13. Ojas - Ojas (TRACK of course)
14. Dave - das_nsx (TRACK)
15. Chris - sc1n (TRACK)
16. Tony - tnguyen (TRACK - S2K)
17. Jose-Alas NSX (Track) Audi RS4
18. Bob - TxGator (TRACK)
19. Moses - mpkr91
20. Zishan - Zishan (TRACK - maybe)
21. David - lightguy (TRACK)
22. Gus - bsudiro (TRACK - maybe)
23. Mike - azn8v (TRACK - undecided)
24. Kevin - PoKnow
25. Richie - NormRD

Kevin and Richie, do you plan to do the track day??

Blaine

Last edited:
8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
11. Umar - Osiris_x11
15. Chris - sc1n (TRACK)
19. Moses - mpkr91
24. Kevin - PoKnow
25. Richie - NormRD

Kevin and Richie, do you plan to do the track day??

Blaine

I'm probably out...again closing and moving that weekend so think I can get away for some local events but don't think I have the time to getaway down to the track.

Kelly, you can always run with the novice group. It isn't balls to the wall and you will find it completely rewarding and have a sense of fullfilling accomplishment. In other words; take your tampon out, wipe your tears off your vagina with it, and run the track! Also, what grown man wears MEDIUM???? You're thirty something years old and I don't care if it fits, get a LARGE!!! Damn I miss hanging with my boy!!!!biggrin:

Uh Luis. Just because i don't have hair like Don Johnson, Hulk Hogan and Rick Flair doesn't mean i'm scared to drive. I may even take the repsol to the track, drive behind your slow ass car and BLOW THE HORN on every lap for messin with me while im on this damn ship!!!!!

I'll be home Nov.11.:biggrin:

ALSO, we're supposed to be boys, why you keep spellin' my name wrong???

KELLEY

Last edited:
Here's the schedule that I have so far. Blaine, please let me know if the track times are off so that I can change Sunday around.

Friday:
* 7 pm-> arrival/meetup @ RC Fowlers (same place as ussual - www.rcfowlers.com on 620 just west of 183)
* 9:30 - 10ish -> head'over to Brooklyn Pizzeria in Avery Ranch. We can all just follow each other there. It's less than 10 minutes from RC Fowlers. Todd set this up with Patrick (owner). I met with him and he is very excited about having and will accomodating us.

Saturday:
* 9 am-> meet-up @ at my house (702 Coomes Place, Cedar Park, TX 78613 - 512-573-0660). Most of you guys already know how to get there and or live within a few miles. I'll have some breakfast tacos for everyone. My house is 1/4 miles from Lime Creek Road, which is where we will start our jorney of 250 miles. Please arrive with a full tank of fuel.
* 9:30 am SHARP - we hit Lime Creek Rd and head out for a long drive out to hit some amazing new roads further out into the Texas Hill Country. We are headed out towards Leakey, TX in case you want to look it up on a map. You will not be dissapointed!
* 9 pm -> Dinner at BONE DADDY'S!!!!
* night -> head'over to North Austin pub/lounge OR downtown area OR Umar's residence (Northwest Austin) to hang-out/relax. We'll play that by ear seeing how the group is feeling.

Sunday:
* 8:30-9 am -> NW Craze group can meet at my house. We will leave at 9 sharp so that we have plenty of time to make it out to Harris Hill. Any others are welcome to meet at my house or we can meet you at the track. We can refuel when we leave my house before heading out. Harris Hill Road-course in San Marcos
* 10-1 pm -> Track Time!!! Thanks Blaine for setting this up!
* 1:30 on -> Lunch, live music, and drinks in SoCo (South Congress). This is a great Austin tradition. Usually there are different groups from Harleys, Vespas, Hot Rods, etc. People can start heading home at their their own time or form groups to caravan from there.

Please make sure you guys keep my number and either text me or call me if you are running late or need help for any reason. It looks like everyone has a place to stay, so I won't set up a room rate with a hotel.

Can't wait to see everyone!

I just called and spoke with Eric again and told him we will all be up there no later than 10am and ready for the 10:30 drivers meeting. He said if we start the first run group at 11 sharp we should be able to get in 4 sessions in.

It looks like we have 14-15 guys tracking as of now and that will put it at $125 a person. We could add more people but I want to get yalls thoughts on that. This way the track won't be crowded and it will be primarily NSX's.

What do yall think??

thanks

Blaine Waddell

Thanks for all of the legwork Blaine

I am fine with whatever you want to do.

Likewise

Out of curiosity, if we were to add say five more cars, what's the pricing going to be? Cause if it's not that much different, then I'd rather not. I'd rather pay a bit more for more seat time, but then again I'm always down with "the more the merrier".

What about spectators??

more people would not affect driving time unless we had to put another group together. ill be @ H2R tomorrow with Chris and Blain, we'll double check how many cars per group.

the more the better

more people would not affect driving time unless we had to put another group together. ill be @ H2R tomorrow with Chris and Blain, we'll double check how many cars per group.

the more the better

How much experience does everyone have ?
We have turbo'd and SC'd cars then bone stock ones.
Suspensions ? Brakes ? Slicks ?
There are going to lots of variables in car and ability on the track.

Therefore IMO Firm track rules should be set and number of cars limited.

Last edited:
I think 16 is going to be the magic number were going to stay at. That will leave some room for 1 or 2 late intrants.

There are going to be alot of skill levels it sounds like so if you within 5 track days of experience in any car you should probably start in the novice run group and get a feel for it. As far as different power levels, a bone stock NSX with a good driver can do circles around one with twice the power.

Blaine Waddell

I added a good friend of mine with an RX-7 to join us that has plenty of track time.

8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
11. Umar - Osiris_x11
15. Chris - sc1n (TRACK)
19. Moses - mpkr91
24. Kevin - PoKnow
25. Richie - NormRD
26. Adrian- RX-7 (Track)

Last edited:
I cant belive no one form Dallas has signed up either. This is a huge meet of NSX's!!!!

Im also talking to Science of Speed to try to get them to donate some goodies for a raffal or something. Hope they can some up with something.

Blaine

Hey everyone. I am a friend of Blackoutz and we have been into cars and track events for a long time. Unlemming actually knows me as well.

If you guys don't mind, I would like to come if I can get my schedule free for that day to your cruise in my newly acquired 2007 Acura TL Type-S Kenetic Blue Pearl. See pic below. I was a NISMO 350Z owner for a few years and needed to get a better daily driver. :) I had a 06 TL a while back and loved it. If it's okay with you guys, I would just need to know the time and location to meet for the cruise.

Thanks guys.

710662420_AsvN9-XL.jpg

710663141_43yFe-XL.jpg

no one from Dallas area has even bothered to show.....panty's in a bunch!!! LOL

H2R is a professionally run site....it will be ok

1 week to go BOYS!!!!!!

I cant belive no one form Dallas has signed up either. This is a huge meet of NSX's!!!!

Im also talking to Science of Speed to try to get them to donate some goodies for a raffal or something. Hope they can some up with something.

Blaine

Just little ole me.
Anyone got a spare couch ?

Whats up big pimpin HAHAHA. Good screen name! I dont have any problem with you meeting up with us. As least it's an Acura. :smile:

It's a great group of guys that are a blast to be around.

1 more week!!!!!!!!!

Blaine

Spectators should be fine. Just have them park on the upper lot and not on the lower level where the cars stage.

Blaine

Also, Omar (adrenaline_NSX) is probably going to be staying in a hotel with his +1. Where should he book his hotel?

Back