New 1996 NSX Build

The reason the owner wanted me to document all of the repairs
is to have a record of the damage and the repair process
to show the future owner 20+ years from now that the damage wasnt that bad. and it was repaired by a person that has a passion for the car ( NSX ) we are not tring to hide anything with these repairs
and I know for a fact that this car has been reported to carfax.

Karma comes around and most of the time it 10X worse

the new 2004 I just purchased VIN will be posted when I start that thread.

all of my NSX builds VIN's have been posted I do respect the previous owners right to remain anounomous though.

we all get into fender benders I have had my share of them in almost all of my cars LOL

dont worry guys I am a true believer of what I do on this earth will reflect on me, my parents and my children I dont want to leave a legacy of shady
business practices

so lets get back to biz

Acura called this morning and the new fender and headlight covers have arrived will pick them up today and hopefully install them.

stay tuned

I definitely agree that you should start a new build thread for each vehicle project you start. Following the progress is amazing. :)

ok guys went and picked up the headlight covers and the OEM fender from the dealership today

everything is going perfect and on time.

2012-07-31_12-16-06_835-1.jpg

Last edited:
LOL it held up till i hit 100mph then it looked liked streamers on the back of my car LOL

then I had to do the speed limit till i got home.

the looks people give you when you pass them looking like that is priceless

installed it on the car and it looks pimp, it raining right now so maybe pic tommorrow

Last edited:
it stopped raining long enough to snap a pic.
nothing I mean nothing is better than OEM from the factory.
every single bolt lined up perfect gaps are all perfect its
like a big puzzle that fits together with love.'

2012-07-31_19-11-32_718.jpg

2012-07-31_19-11-38_554.jpg

ok guys i dropped off the car to paint should be done middle of next week

here she is after i dropped her off.

when I get her back I still need to replace the upper control arm,
get alignment, put the interior back in and final step is put on those beautiful new rims. and a few other tweeks like paint the calipers etc.

2012-08-01_14-53-05_39.jpg

Can't wait!

If my calculations are correct, it is the middle of the week.

Where's the car?

Pictures ? ? ?

Enquiring minds want to know :biggrin:

still at shop LOL it will be done this week I swear LOL

I called today they said it was still in the sanding stage. I will call tomorrow and see if its at the taped up stage LOL

red is not the only color going on this car

sorry no spoilers LOL

Strait out of the Beverly Hillbillies!:biggrin: I see these pictures and it reminds me of what I see out here everyday on the I-5 heading south.
032808_15311.jpg

porsche-911-turbo-pickup.jpg

still at shop LOL it will be done this week I swear LOL

I called today they said it was still in the sanding stage. I will call tomorrow and see if its at the taped up stage LOL

red is not the only color going on this car

sorry no spoilers LOL

Now I am curious...I am assuming black is the other color?

Could be green now im not sure what the other color is

almost done. stay tuned guys.

Could be green now im not sure what the other color is

almost done. stay tuned guys.

Christmas NSX LoL no I am sure it will look spectacular.

Christmas NSX LoL now I am sure it will look spectacular.

I wonder if it will have rope lights around the perimeter & some chilli pepper hanging lights across the top of the windshield? :eek:

Now I'm really waiting anxiously for the unveiling. . . .

Hopefully the green won't be trimmed with Ben Franklins $$$$$$$$

Ok guys it will be done today, it was sprayed last night I think and should be ready to take to my shop later today

stay tuned guys

Shawn

I've been waiting eagerly!

still not done, they have taken every panel off to spray it peice by peice
dont know why but will be done tomorrow afternoon. which gives me 2 days to finish this thing up LOL

Im gonna pull a couple all nighters at the shop LOL

anyway everything is ready for install I have it all lined up like an assembly line

still not done, they have taken every panel off to spray it peice by peice
dont know why but will be done tomorrow afternoon. which gives me 2 days to finish this thing up LOL

Im gonna pull a couple all nighters at the shop LOL

anyway everything is ready for install I have it all lined up like an assembly line

Shawn aka. Chip Foose, Overhaulin. Putting in some all nighters for the BIG REVEAL!

I would guess if they took it apart & sprayed it piece by piece, then this paint job should be INCREDIBLE. That is the way I always thought I would like my NSX painted when I need a new paint job... but I'm not sure I could afford a piant job like that... hopefully they stick to their price.

Now I'm getting really excited to see the end result. :cool:

PS. BUT on the otherhand, had you known they were going to take it apart anyway, you could have dropped it off in pieces and saved some time aligning it all up and putting it back together.

Last edited:
Back