NBA Playoff thread

that's how we roll baby!!!!!

Wow crazy. Complete role reversal for both series. Celtics just don't quit.

Celtics/Thunder?

I wish my dumbass wouldn't of booked a flight home on Thursday, the Garden is going to be 100% bonkers.

Seeing my two favorite teams in the finals will be nuts, I'm still not sure how I feel about that possibility.

Pretty disappointed in OKC taking out the Spurs. OKC is super young, and they will probably win multiple championships. I just wish Duncan could have gotten 1 more before OKC starts their dynasty. He says he will be around 2 more years, not much time. Gratz to OKC.

On the other side... wow. Lebron is... wow. The most ridiculous game I have seen him play. There was nothing the Celtics could do, they looked helpless. And wtf happened to Pierce? 9 points? Game 7 coming up...

Pretty disappointed in OKC taking out the Spurs. OKC is super young, and they will probably win multiple championships. I just wish Duncan could have gotten 1 more before OKC starts their dynasty. He says he will be around 2 more years, not much time. Gratz to OKC.

On the other side... wow. Lebron is... wow. The most ridiculous game I have seen him play. There was nothing the Celtics could do, they looked helpless. And wtf happened to Pierce? 9 points? Game 7 coming up...

as a die hard Spurs fan. this is exactly how i feel.

as a die hard Spurs fan. this is exactly how i feel.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed out about it. I kinda wanted to see the old men (Celtics/Spurs) fight it out in the finals. It would have been epic.

Shitty night...

It was a combination of the Celtics not being able to buy a shot, missing shots they normally make and Lebron going off.

It was great to see the fans that were still there at the TD Garden cheering til the very end.

It was great to see the fans that were still there at the TD Garden cheering til the very end.

I know, that was very different. Garbage time, all the starting players on the bench, down by 20 with 20 seconds left and the entire crowd is chanting "let's go celtics". That was awesome.

I know, that was very different. Garbage time, all the starting players on the bench, down by 20 with 20 seconds left and the entire crowd is chanting "let's go celtics". That was awesome.

Celtic Pride. If it were any where else, they would've either all left or showered the home team with boos.

I think part of it had to do with the fact that they knew it was going to be the last time the big 4 (anyone would be considered nuts not to include Rondo) would play together in that building if they lose the series. End of an era :frown:

Last edited:
Fixed :biggrin:

Repeat after me:

My team isn't playing anymore, they were already knocked out. I should zip my pie hole until next year.

Repeat after me:

My team isn't playing anymore, they were already knocked out. I should zip my pie hole until next year.

My team isn't playing anymore, they were already knocked out by the Champion. I should but won't zip my pie hole until next year.:tongue:

Different breed of fans.

To me this is win win.. After having such a shitty season they were able to come back so well that they're fighting the Heat in game 7 of the ECF? Not to mention every last expert predicted heat in 5 or 6. Rondo showed he can now drain jumpers and gave the world a very brilliant game (even though they lost it). KG showed the critics that he's far from done. Various role players had big games in the post season showing that the future is still bright. Little disappointed on Pierce, but he'll always be my favorite anyway.

I would personally wouldn't mind just seeing the Celtics knocked out tonight, they've played hard this season and they don't have an answer for OKC. I would rather see Durant and crew show Miami what team basketball looks like.

The Miami Cavaliers victory of game 6 was a beautiful performance by LBJ, but I would be shitting bricks if that is their strategy for victory at the finals.

Last edited:
Well Pierce has a ligament tear in his knee, and has had to guard joe Johnson, the Andre iguodala, then LBJ. Not an easy task. Ray Allen needs surgery, been playing with bone spurs in his ankle. Their best defender, bradley, is out with a separated shoulder. They've ridden KJ and Hondo to the EC finals game 7. And they won't go down tonight without a fight.

Will be sad to see the big 3 era end with a loss in Miami but I've enjoyed watching every game. Ray's perfect shooting form and those crazy Hondo passes.

In case you don't know about KJ and Hondo... Thanks Mayor... LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3rUHeWl6jX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
In case you don't know about KJ and Hondo... Thanks Mayor... LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3rUHeWl6jX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol, I just saw that on sports center a few minutes ago.

I'm hoping KG bought himself at least an extra year, maybe cut Ray's contract down a hair. I would love to see both retire as a Celtic.

Last edited:
Lol, I just saw that on sports center a few minutes ago.

I'm hoping KG bought himself at least an extra year, maybe cut Ray's contract down a hair. I would love to see both retire as a Celtic.

Ray already took a 50% paycut to stay in Boston for treatment of his diabetic daughter. I hope ainge doesn't dismantle the team. Word is LA is after Garnett.

Could end in another tie tonight. I don't know what happens then. A game 8?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O8c0l45DWfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tough loss for The Cs. I was rooting hard for a return to the Finals with this squad. I'd love to see KG and Ray re-sign with Boston. Ray has three very productive years left in him (mainly because of his conditioning and freak genetics) and KG has three years left in him given he plays less than 30 mpg. Boston needs a back-up PG and two bigs who can contribute while resigning Jeff Green. I've been following Paul Pierce since my days at Kansas (his final year at KU was my first). If Paul Pierce would ever really commit himself to off-season conditioning (possibly eating some damn vegetables too), look out. It's never too late to try new things, you know? :biggrin: He also has this habit of disappearing for 10 minutes stretches, been watching him do that since college, drives me nuts.

But, in the bizzaro world of the NBA watch KG and Allen sign with Miami (Chicago?) for $3-$5 million per season.

Edit: Never mind Chicago, Derrick Rose isn't playing next year.

Last edited:
Tough loss for The Cs. I was rooting hard for a return to the Finals with this squad. I'd love to see KG and Ray re-sign with Boston. Ray has three very productive years left in him (mainly because of his conditioning and freak genetics) and KG has three years left in him given he plays less than 30 mpg. Boston needs a back-up PG and two bigs who can contribute while resigning Jeff Green. I've been following Paul Pierce since my days at Kansas (his final year at KU was my first). If Paul Pierce would ever really commit himself to off-season conditioning (possibly eating some damn vegetables too), look out. It's never too late to try new things, you know? :biggrin: He also has this habit of disappearing for 10 minutes stretches, been watching him do that since college, drives me nuts.

But, in the bizzaro world of the NBA watch KG and Allen sign with Miami (Chicago?) for $3-$5 million per season.

Edit: Never mind Chicago, Derrick Rose isn't playing next year.

Definitely hoping that Green recovers and signs back on to the C's. It's almost easy to forget that he was on the roster (again, sort of). I'll be curious to see what moves Danny pulls in regards to KG and Ray Ray. It hurt watching Ray's press conference speech last night, you could just see that he knew it was over.

Back