NBA Playoff thread

I hope the Lakers win so they can come whoop Bostons ass in the Finals....what I am doing with a silver car? I knew I should've bought a black one...that's what I get for being from Boston...Go Kobe! I love you Black Mamba :biggrin:

Couldn't have said it better myself Dave ;)

Lets see what the Lakers can do today. If they lose today, Thunders 4-0. If Lakers win, they are going back to Oklahoma 2-2.

Yes, Spurs are good and I give most of the credits to Greg P. I hope the Clippers can win some games against them.

I don't :biggrin:

Disclaimer: No offense to any NBA fan here.

23 pages of responses. Wow. I now know I'm in the minority about one more thing in my life. College basketball is the only representation of the sport I will ever watch. I cannot stand watching the NBA. There's no game - it's all street ball. At least in college they're still trying to work towards something. There's a motivation in them - a spark - that most lose when they go to the NBA. Yes, they still want to win, but they want to win individually. Call me a 33-year old cynic, but the good days ended in the late 90's. The NBA can get bent.

My fire suit is on, big boys.

23 pages of responses. Wow. I now know I'm in the minority about one more thing in my life. College basketball is the only representation of the sport I will ever watch. I cannot stand watching the NBA. There's no game - it's all street ball. At least in college they're still trying to work towards something. There's a motivation in them - a spark - that most lose when they go to the NBA. Yes, they still want to win, but they want to win individually. Call me a 33-year old cynic, but the good days ended in the late 90's. The NBA can get bent.

Have you watched the Spurs play?

Yes because the Spurs, Thunder, Celtics, Pacers, Bulls play street ball. :rolleyes: Even the Lakers under Phil Jackson didn't play "street ball" (no matter how much Kobe wanted to).

College is the ultimate in "street ball". Raw, undeveloped talent playing with some extremely bad talent, all at extremely different stages of growth and physical capability, running the floor with very little regard for defense or strategy. Awesome.

Last edited:
Not looking good for you lakers fans... :biggrin:

loser.jpg

the winner of okc and spurs i think is gonna win the title this imo:tongue:

the winner of okc and spurs i think is gonna win the title this imo:tongue:

I don't think that is something anybody could argue.

I will almost be pissed if it ends up being a Celtics vs OKC matchup. I will be in a huge conflict of interest on who I am really rooting for.

Spurs are going to definitely be tough but they're not going to run through OKC just because they ran through the Clippers. OKC is getting better and sharper by the season, the best part is that they're all still babies. To put it in perspective, Durant would have been around 6 years old when Kobe started playing in the NBA.

Good work Lakers. I look forward to next year. Please fire Mike Brown, and trade Gasol. Gasol is good but he has no heart. I really wish we still have Odom. He is my second favorite player on Lakers besides Kobe.

I hope Spur Celtics in Finals but David Stern won't let that boring match up happen.

Good work Lakers. I look forward to next year. Please fire Mike Brown, and trade Gasol. Gasol is good but he has no heart. I really wish we still have Odom. He is my second favorite player on Lakers besides Kobe.

I hope Spur Celtics in Finals but David Stern won't let that boring match up happen.

Would you have any heart either? I would have changed my name to Meta Fuckoff Lakers

Would you have any heart either? I would have changed my name to Meta Fuckoff Lakers

Sorry if I misunderstand you. So you are blaming Metta World Peace? But I like MWP, sorry if that offend you.

I watch a lot of their games and you can see if someone cares about winning. Odom did when he was a Laker. Kobe does, and I think Metta cares too. I like Bynum too, he is just a little baby.

Sorry if I misunderstand you. So you are blaming Metta World Peace? But I like MWP, sorry if that offend you.

I watch a lot of their games and you can see if someone cares about winning. Odom did when he was a Laker. Kobe does, and I think Metta cares too. I like Bynum too, he is just a little baby.

No, way off. I'm referring to the multiple attempts for the Lakers to trade him this year. How much heart would you have for the team at that point?

The MWP reference was making a joke saying that if I were Gasol that's what I would have changed my name to.

No, way off. I'm referring to the multiple attempts for the Lakers to trade him this year. How much heart would you have for the team at that point?

The MWP reference was making a joke saying that if I were Gasol that's what I would have changed my name to.

OH... I totally agree with you. David Stern F'd it all up. Gasol should have been gone with CP3 in. I feel bad for Gasol too but he still got to go. Damn, Mike Brown is not going anywhere soon, that's what I am hearing.

Back