• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have Drew's abs bleeder tool

Thanks again OLDMNSX, I appreciate all your help. Very easy DIY. Hope I didnt run your phone bill up too high:redface:

Kelly,

You are more than welcome. It was a pleasure to help another fellow military member and NSX owner willing to tackle some DIY maintenance. Glad to help. We've got to keep these "old cars" up to snuff with all systems operational.

Brad

Who has the tool now? Any chance I could get my hands on it? I have track days scheduled July 19-20 and need it before then. Thanks.

Hi,

I have the tool...
PM me with your address and I'll get it off to you as soon as I can.

-Randy

Hi dquarasr2,

Could you send this to me when you are done? PM me and I can give you my address.

Thanks!
Bill

Shipped to dquarasr2 this morning...

Good luck everyone and MANY thanks to Drew for sharing this with all of us!

-Randy

Shipped to dquarasr2 this morning...

Good luck everyone and MANY thanks to Drew for sharing this with all of us!

-Randy

I'll be using the tool this weekend, will send it out on Monday 7/21. Thanks for your patience, Bill_C.

I'll be using the tool this weekend, will send it out on Monday 7/21. Thanks for your patience, Bill_C.

As of noon today it's on its way to Bill_C USPS Priority Mail, insured.

I would like to thank all those involved. This was a very easy maintenance item, made so no doubt to the availability of this tool and the easy-to-follow instructions.

Car performed admirably yesterday at Homestead. Got a looong pedal a few times but if I looked after the brakes it behaved OK. While I was at it I installed new caliper locating pins with fresh high-temp syn grease and the rears behaved well (I had had some binding and uneven rotor wear), so no cracked rotors this time in spite of me getting them ripping hot. One time after coming off the track and checking tire pressures I literally could not hold my hand in front of the wheel to take the tire pressure. It was like having my hand 1" from an oven burner on high. :eek:

Since this is likely the car's last track day for quite a while (yeah, I've said that before :biggrin:), I won't bother to upgrade to a more suitable track pad. My son and I are purchasing a Spec Miata to go have track fun with.

Thanks to all for this tool! Prime rocks!

Hi all,

Just received this from dquarasr2. Thanks Doug! I plan on using it this weekend.

I believe the list after me is:

juejaimon
sptrader

Let me know if i missed anyone - if this is correct, juejaimon - PM your address.

-Bill

I'm having the same noise problem. I'd love to get on the list to receive the tool.
Thanks for the help!
ryan

This now on it's way to sptrader (juejaimon, no longer needs this).

Steven: here is the USPS tracking #: 0308 0730 0000 5433 0545 - should have this next week at the latest.

Thanks Prime for sharing this great tool!

-Bill

Last edited:
Thanks Bill-
I received the tool today and I'm already finished with it. I'm going to test the car again tomorrow but I only heard the ABS pump come on once, for about 20 seconds on the quick test drive today , as it pressurized the pump for the first time. Mine really needed a flush, I don't think it had ever been done before.
If anyone is hesitant about having the skill to do this, it's no harder than bleeding your brakes, you're just bleeding(flushing) your ABS system instead. It's an easy 1 person job.
Thanks Drew and Prime !!! (I'm including the turkey baster as my contribution)

Who's next ? Ryan ?
Please PM me your address.

Last edited:
My car is currently at Autowave. It will take me about 2-3 days to get this done. Who would like it next?
Ryan

Who needs the ABS bleeder next. It worked great... however, my wife doesn't want it sitting around any longer.
Thanks Drew for making such an impressive and useful tool for all of us.

I have some questions on bleeding the system, ok i am able to open the bleeder niple. Do you have to active the abs pump in the fuse box or do all them one at a time on the pump. My pump wont shut up now, every 30 sec pumps for 5 sec. After I lock up the brakes a few times its good. I want to get the the dirty shit out tomorrow.

Back