How 'bout that stock market?

lost on the FSLR position gained on the bidu and FSLR put. +$20,624.30. Minus one chair covered in sweat.:biggrin:

Candlestick charting question.

Today on both FSLR and BIDU I see a lot of pairs on the one minute charts. Any significance in that? By pairs I mean two minutes next to each other that are identical.

Congrats to Steve and his wife Renee!!!! At 12:16am their healthy little daughter Lanai entered this world at 7lbs 4oz and 21" Steve mentioned she looked up at him and his life was changed....she said "Daddy, buy APPL and short FSLR" :biggrin:

Congrats to Steve and his wife Renee!!!! At 12:16am their healthy little daughter Lanai entered this world at 7lbs 4oz and 21" Steve mentioned she looked up at him and his life was changed....she said "Daddy, buy APPL and short FSLR" :biggrin:

Haha. I instantly thought when I read "little daughter Lanai entered this world" .. hopefully she added a good 700 sqft, must have picked something nice. :tongue:

Candlestick charting question.

Today on both FSLR and BIDU I see a lot of pairs on the one minute charts. Any significance in that? By pairs I mean two minutes next to each other that are identical.

The S&P does that a lot too on the 1 and 2 minute charts. We refer to them as "ledges" in the trade room. They aren't too significant other than they show where there is a significant level in the market that is becoming a "line in the sand" for someone. I know some people bracket those bars with a horizontal line and take the breakout of that as an entry signal long or short. I don't know that I would recommend it but i've seen people do that.

Depends on the market i suppose.

The banks have been getting silently crushed recently. A few are barely off march lows. Oil has been going up two dollars a day for what seems like weeks today. Things are getting out of equilibrium, many of the alternative energy stocks are down on higher oil today among others.

The banks have been getting silently crushed recently. A few are barely off march lows. Oil has been going up two dollars a day for what seems like weeks today. Things are getting out of equilibrium, many of the alternative energy stocks are down on higher oil today among others.

I've been watching NOV for a few weeks now.. I wish I had been able to come up with the 14k for a couple hundred shares and jump in when I wanted to.. would've been plus 15per and half way to a new CTSC!

NOV is actually in a solid position for longer term higher prices assuming an increasing portion of that goes off shore which it is currently. That firm along with a few others such as RIG and PBR. I've owned all those at some point in time, I don't own any right now. The only thing I don't like about NOV is the actual stock, it isn't very predictable.

NOV is actually in a solid position for longer term higher prices assuming an increasing portion of that goes off shore which it is currently. That firm along with a few others such as RIG and PBR. I've owned all those at some point in time, I don't own any right now. The only thing I don't like about NOV is the actual stock, it isn't very predictable.

With my limited research.. I would agree completely long term. There should be nothing but increasing demand for NOV's services, but your right the stock has been all over. Just seems like a "no-brainer" pick.
I need to up the bank roll and in the meantime remain patient.. :redface:

Interesting...chart regarding the shares shorted.
http://msn.fool.com/investing/gener...&source=eedmsnlnk0010001&published=2008-05-16

Company
Shares Short-April 30
Shares Short-April 15
% Change
Float*
% of Float
CAPS Rating (out of 5)

National Oilwell Varco (NYSE: NOV)
(50%)
2.9%

Last edited:
Long C, APPL, XLF.

Getting killed on AAPL, i'm off on C and slightly on XLF.

Gonna hold out.

Visa is finally starting to take a hit. I'll buy it back if it hits the mid 70's.

What's up guys?

Newer positions in DUG and short Gold.

Long MRO, ATVI, CME, and TTEK right now. About even, up some on TTEK and ATVI. Was extremely close to buying C yesterday as a trade, if I owned it I would have without a doubt double downed yesterday, especially after the VIX went green.

Still not a lot of glaring buys out there. Most of 'usual' tech could still drop a long ways, most commodities plays have ran to the moon, and overall the market isn't that cheap P/E wise although the last 500 points helped.

I'd take a look at nike and yum if you were considering those stocks in the past as they are a little cheaper now.

Long aapl still --from 157.53 but I covered it with october 180's Come october if we are over 180 I will net ~80k. Long DRYS at 99.34 covered with calls, only 100 shares. Long 200 EXM covered with calls. Long JRJC covered with calls 500 shares. Long 200 MEE covered with calls. Long STLD covered with calls. Long WLT covered with calls. All the calls are june with the exception of AAPL. Long 2000 AMR at 6.22 covered with 8 dollar june calls for .45 each. That AMR trade is unreal you can sell the 7 dollar calls for ~80 cents thats over 10% return per month with little downside IMO.

Short
500 FSLR at 285.72
1000 SOLF at 24.18--2nd trade today. Banked ~2400 on a trade this morning on SOLF. Solar is fun for sure.

My leaps at this point are toast and the calls on MRK GE, the BRCD calls and leaps I have are ok.

I also bought put's on TAN the solar ETF.

I hate solar, it sucks. It's stupid and it sucked a lot of idealistic people into losing lots of loot.

Last edited:
I hate solar, it sucks. It's stupid and it sucked a lot of idealistically into losing lots of loot.

Steve,
Time to move to WIND POWER, BWEN and OC :smile: :confused: :cool:

Solar will not be common place until the XOM's of the world own it and the Government can make money from it. Sure it's great now for some dude to have a couple of solar panels on the roof of his house and sell the power back to the grid but solar is going nowhere until the capitalistic hands are in the game. Why else would there be funding for it right now? So those who funded the project can say, whoa whoa wait a minute we got this thing going, now let us have a piece of the pie.

NO no alternative energy here. I like oil......................... but I not waiting 20 minutes.

Shit Steve, I don't see any 20min gains right now :biggrin:

How about a good stock I see coming out of the Vytorin scare (if you know Pharma) SGP :tongue:

"Solar will not be common place until the XOM's of the world own it and the Government can make money from it. Sure it's great now for some dude to have a couple of solar panels on the roof of his house and sell the power back to the grid but solar is going nowhere until the capitalistic hands are in the game. Why else would there be funding for it right now"

Many of the utility company's are required and are funding 10 to 20% of their energy through alternate sources such as wind, solar, thermal, etc..this % will increase in the up coming years. and in lieu of tax credits available.. so there is a lot of potential...

Shit Steve, I don't see any 20min gains right now :biggrin:

How about a good stock I see coming out of the Vytorin scare (if you know Pharma) SGP :tongue:

that's the great thing about the market, you can make money both ways.

I sold SGP last month. I will buy it back when it goes down a bit more. I have a shopping list together, just waiting.

I can't believe I got AMR for 6.22. What a deal. Only going to hold it until oil drops.

I sold SGP last month. I will buy it back when it goes down a bit more. I have a shopping list together, just waiting.

This week would be good but I've been waiting for a down tick too :wink:

I shorted eur/gpb yesterday but no one cares about what I do, it's not that exciting lol. I am up 15% this month ;) Here is a chart

Attachments

• eurgbp.jpg
    eurgbp.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 40
Long aapl still --from 157.53 but I covered it with october 180's Come october if we are over 180 I will net ~80k. Long DRYS at 99.34 covered with calls, only 100 shares. Long 200 EXM covered with calls. Long JRJC covered with calls 500 shares. Long 200 MEE covered with calls. Long STLD covered with calls. Long WLT covered with calls. All the calls are june with the exception of AAPL. Long 2000 AMR at 6.22 covered with 8 dollar june calls for .45 each. That AMR trade is unreal you can sell the 7 dollar calls for ~80 cents thats over 10% return per month with little downside IMO.

Short
500 FSLR at 285.72
1000 SOLF at 24.18--2nd trade today. Banked ~2400 on a trade this morning on SOLF. Solar is fun for sure.

My leaps at this point are toast and the calls on MRK GE, the BRCD calls and leaps I have are ok.

I also bought put's on TAN the solar ETF.

I hate solar, it sucks. It's stupid and it sucked a lot of idealistic people into losing lots of loot.

Do you ever sell put's or call's naked? It's been years but I think I am using the right terms. The person I used to trade with did this a lot.

Back