How 'bout that stock market?

Well then it's idiots buying a high PE stock then.:smile:

Exactly. They'll drive it to the moon, too. Just look at BIDU.

305.85/305.75 ring a bell? :wink:

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and joining the idiots.

I know your cover will push the price up a bit. :biggrin:

HOLY SHIT...did you see the 12,000 shares at 306.34?!!!!!!!!!!

untitled-1.jpg

I really don't want to hold it over night just in case there is a US contract waiting to be announced or something. The question is will there be more longs selling at the close or more shorts covering?

Solar stocks rose after Citigroup said the U.S. House of Representatives is likely to propose a new bill that will extend the solar investment tax credit for several years, longer than the one-year extension that has recently been discussed. The firm noted the House hopes to pass a bill before the Memorial Day recess; however, nothing is imminent as the bill could face meaningful revision. Citi also noted the entire sector would benefit from tax credit extension, although SunPower Corp. (SPWR, $89.00, $4.60, 5.45%) is widely regarded to have the most leverage to an extension. First Solar Inc. (FSLR, $303.98, $19.14, 6.72%), Suntech Power Holdings Co. (STP, $44.79, $3.19, 7.67%) and Emcore Corp. (EMKR, $7.51, $0.59, 8.53%) were among several solar stocks moving higher in Tuesday's trading session.

:biggrin:
fslr.jpg

:biggrin:
fslr.jpg

Pretty much what I was looking to do but I got up to use the bathroom and didn't put a stop in came back and :frown:

I still have 3050 shares left to cover.

I also missed the PAL trade yesterday. I was going to do a strangle but got busy with the rentals and forgot to do the trade. It's a 5 dollar stock and there was little premeium in the options. It's a six dollar stock now. :frown:

I need to get my game back on.

A good portion of my positions are going to get swept on Friday and I should make some pretty decent returns from that.

I am just so surprised this market is holding up. When is the sell down coming????:confused:

I say soon... I trade fibonnaci and the pattern and resistance points were hitting in the market indicies this past week up until today mark a key upside resistance point that held on the same pattern back in '00 and marked the beginning of the next leg downward.

I say soon... I trade fibonnaci and the pattern and resistance points were hitting in the market indicies this past week up until today mark a key upside resistance point that held on the same pattern back in '00 and marked the beginning of the next leg downward.

Soon as in this week or this month?

I want to get short several different positions before it comes. I have been trying to do just that... do quick snips but be in a few shorts when the throat gets cut. Put in the stops and let'er go. It's coming I think a few people don't think it is and maybe I am wrong... maybe this new global economy is real but it seems to soon for the market to be trading on global numbers. I think the over exuberance may be trading the global economy but the fundamentals aren't. $hit First Solar is going to need to sell solar panels to people on Mars, Venus, and Pluto in oder to meet their PE.

I still think we are over valued as well across the board. C is one of the few that is getting hammered a little. I sold GS at 19x and GOOG at 600, I still think those will be close to as high as those go before they fall a decent amount.

When we get closer to 12k I've got a longgg list of stocks I want to buy. All I've got large positions in now is CME I got cheap recently, MRO, a few others.

I still think we are over valued as well across the board. C is one of the few that is getting hammered a little. I sold GS at 19x and GOOG at 600, I still think those will be close to as high as those go before they fall a decent amount.

When we get closer to 12k I've got a longgg list of stocks I want to buy. All I've got large positions in now is CME I got cheap recently, MRO, a few others.

yeah, C has been beat down pretty bad lately. I picked up 2k shares Average is ~24.50. That is a long term hold for me.

Yesterday's haul.

gains-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing like waking up in the morning and seeing FSLR up 5 bucks and being short. :rolleyes:

I am going to have to do some serious trading today to make up the ~30k loss I am getting ready to take.

Back