Help me decide; Trade my 94 RX7 for NSX?

I hope it will be enjoyable!

That's something I've been thinking about. I have a 2,000 mile drive. Is painters tape necessary?
It all depends how anal you are about your paint. It's a low car so you will pretty much run into stone chips. I can almost guarantee some will knick you here and there on your 2000 mile trip home.

When I bought my car the paint was pristene. I have since enjoyed the heck out of her without much regard for stone chips and such - and black shows EVERYTHING. In retrospect I really wish I had gotten a 3M clear bra. It will probably require a respray at some point but not after many many more miles with a big grin on my face.

You've got me interested in Route 66. It looks like I can travel down to LA and hop on Route 66. Is I-40 the same thing?

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9QBy6D1q5I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9QBy6D1q5I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qqrKxBhKdFM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qqrKxBhKdFM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

EAC funny i find you on nsxprime...early august i was in touch with you on ebay about purchasing your white rx-7..i even made an outright offer before the first auction ended with a bid retraction...i was in chicago at that time and stumbled onto a 2000 GPW NSX..i ended up buying her and shipping her to california after a couple months of searching....i always knew i wanted one but but wasnt sure when...anyways i am very happy with the decision and i just thought i say hello to you since i see you bought one as well.

cheers

zaid

EAC funny i find you on nsxprime...early august i was in touch with you on ebay about purchasing your white rx-7..i even made an outright offer before the first auction ended with a bid retraction...i was in chicago at that time and stumbled onto a 2000 GPW NSX..i ended up buying her and shipping her to california after a couple months of searching....i always knew i wanted one but but wasnt sure when...anyways i am very happy with the decision and i just thought i say hello to you since i see you bought one as well.

cheers

zaid

Which rx7?

The good looking one with silly HP?

You've got me interested in Route 66. It looks like I can travel down to LA and hop on Route 66. Is I-40 the same thing?

It may be but it should still read on a map as route 66. I didn't look at a map and am not looking at a map but I've always wanted to travel old route 66. You see I grew up when that was an actual series on TV - Route 66 - a story - series - about 2 guys in a corvette just seeing the country and getting odd jobs along the way to pay for travel - it was pretty cool and the music for it was great.

So I'm sure you'll find it and someone will chime in - someone that is familiar with the road that is. It would be cool fun.

Wow - you've had a lot of high hp cars - you might think the NSX a bit enemic after what you've been driving. No wonder Batman said what he did. Cool - hope you iike it - I'm pretty sure you will. I sure like mine.

All the best on your journey!

cheers

zaid

Ha, yeah; I remember you, it finally sold!

Have you posted any pictures of it? Curious to see what it looks like. :biggrin:

Picked it up, one hell of a drive back...

IMG_0873copy.jpg

now, all u need are limo tint, smoked out lens and a king of wing and I'll deputize u Robin...........

Ha, the windows are already tinted pretty dark. I don't think I could get away with the big wing here. Back in the day, I had that Cwest GT wing on the 7 and I constantly got harrassed! :eek:

I'm curious about the route you took back - did you try route 66? How long did the trip take you?

BTW - the car looks great! Very cool! Glad you like it as compared to the RX7.

I took the high route, I thought it would be quicker. CA, NV, UT, WY, NE, IA, MO, IL.....

In all, it took me 42 hours. I drove 7 hours the first day and 35 hours the next day. I should have stopped more but I was anxious to get home.

Wow that is one hell of a NSX you got there.

I wonder why he sold it.

Did u get a lot of stares on the way home?

Yes, alot. At every fill up, I had someone come up and ask about the car. I even had someone track me down in the mens restroom. Talk about akward... I felt a dumb and dumber moment coming on :eek:

hey EAC
i just have this pic
i will post more pics as i find the time to get the wheels, tires, front lip, side skirts, and rear valence on...most have arrived...i just dont have the time to take the car in to have it installed...will post more pics as they are available.

hey EAC
i just have this pic
i will post more pics as i find the time to get the wheels, tires, front lip, side skirts, and rear valence on...most have arrived...i just dont have the time to take the car in to have it installed...will post more pics as they are available.

Right on, looking forward to it. Kinda funny how things turned out for both of us :eek:

B-E-A-utiful NSX!

I know I'm bringing a thread back from the dead here, but I was curious how you're enjoying the transition EAC?

For financial reasons, I'm considering selling my NSX for something a bit less expensive (just eliminating some debt, doing the "do I really need it" dance), and stumbled across a 397 rwhp, single turbo, track prepped FD... Never have owned one, but looked at them prior to buying my old 300ZXTT and even looked at them again prior to buying my NSX. Always been a bit worried about reliability, but this particular one only has 2k miles on a fresh motor and seems to be built fairly well... IF I make the jump, just curious if there's anything you or Batman can add about what to expect, relability-wise (or lack there of). I want to reduce the amount of debt out there, but I don't want to temporarily bandaid a situation by technically reducing debt, but regaining it back in the form of "I had to spend $XXX to fix this, $XXX to fix that," etc.

I had a chance to drive a turbo RX-7 the body style right before that one.
it was fast as shit. I think I got it up to 140 then the fuel cut out. the ECU I dont know maybe just the car I was driving.

I personally have had my NSX up to 176mph hypotheticlly speaking

but I always loved that body style. but the real bad ass was the OG
small 1985 or so RX-7 those kicked ass. and real fun to drive.

Back