Help me decide; Trade my 94 RX7 for NSX?

Back in 97', I concurrently had a 93 NSX, a 93 RX7 and a 95 M3 convertible (all stock).

After I got used to each car, I found myslef mostly in the NSX and got rid of the RX7 and the M3.

I am no pro driver - just the average joe who likes wind in my hair.

M3 felt heavy, and did not hadle nearly as well as the RX7 or the NSX.

The RX7 was light and nimble, but felt too light and felt like it lacked substance while accelerating or cornering.

The NSX, on the other had, had the engine rumble, the weight-to-blance-ratio, and gave the best feel for the road (in a good way).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Don't forget the Miata.

Never got that. I did get the 3000GT once, but the guy had outta state plates and looked like his family tree doesn't branch out much....

I just don't see the Miata in the FD since the FD looks so Hetero sexual.... well at least mines.

concorso.jpg

FD04.JPG

RX7top.jpg

My friend's FD gets it a few times because back then the only mainstream mazda sports car was the miata. So they see a car that is a mazda with pop up lights and they just assume its a miata. It gets my friend so mad whenever he gets that comment.

Took the 7 for one last hooraw yesterday. Blew through the tires in all 3 gears, scared the crap out of me..... but in the end, no ac and smelled like raw fuel for the rest of the day.

No thanks..

My friend's FD gets it a few times because back then the only mainstream mazda sports car was the miata. So they see a car that is a mazda with pop up lights and they just assume its a miata. It gets my friend so mad whenever he gets that comment.

chances are is that he didn't make it look manly like my FD, and my other stable of cars.

Flying out to San Francisco on thursday...... picking up the new NSX and taking the 2,000 mile trip back home :eek:

Flying out to San Francisco on thursday...... picking up the new NSX and taking the 2,000 mile trip back home :eek:

Good for you , have fun and stay outa trouble:wink:

That sounds great - I wish I could have bought the one I was looking at first - a white one in Northern Oregon. I was going to drive it down the Pacific Coast highway and then ship it from San Fran home to Atlanta. Where is it you'll be taking it? Where's home? I'm sure you mentioned it but I forgot.

Anyway stay safe and awake - that's a long ass trip dude and you will get tired. Take your time and enjoy it - like a big vacation! You'll love the drive - pick up the old Route 66 and take that some of the way. Lots of cool things to see in this country of ours. Take pics and we'll expect a big story out of this when you get home. Take your laptop and give us updates along the way!

All the best EAC!

That sounds great - I wish I could have bought the one I was looking at first - a white one in Northern Oregon. I was going to drive it down the Pacific Coast highway and then ship it from San Fran home to Atlanta. Where is it you'll be taking it? Where's home? I'm sure you mentioned it but I forgot.

Anyway stay safe and awake - that's a long ass trip dude and you will get tired. Take your time and enjoy it - like a big vacation! You'll love the drive - pick up the old Route 66 and take that some of the way. Lots of cool things to see in this country of ours. Take pics and we'll expect a big story out of this when you get home. Take your laptop and give us updates along the way!

All the best EAC!

Thanks,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I’ll be driving from San Francisco to Southern Illinois, right outside of St.Louis, MO.<o:p></o:p>
Map quest has me taking the northern route. It doesn’t look very scenic L<o:p></o:p>
o89t7c.jpg
<o:p></o:p>

Kind of funny, I've never sat in a NSX let alone drove one. :eek:

That's one car that u really dun need to test drive to see if u can bond with it.

Granted that you know about the power being anemic in today's comparison round up.

Honda/Acura and Mazda seldom disappoints in the driving dynamics.

The rest like Toyota, Mitsubishi and Nissan I would have to drive the cars to see if i even like them.......

And a good thing is that u might get weirded out when u look at the gas gauge and still notice that there are more fuel left after having fun with it.

Last edited:
I'm envious! I would pay good money to relive my first drive home with the X. It was the best stretch of 700 miles ever.

Although I wasn't sure if people were looking at my car or all the blue painters tape on the front bumper. lol

I hope it will be enjoyable!

That's something I've been thinking about. I have a 2,000 mile drive. Is painters tape necessary?

Same here EAC - I had sat in one though and cranked it and reved it - that's all I needed.

Make your own route - find a more scenic route - it won't take that much longer - that is if you have the time. I sure would take the opportunity to find some scenic twisties out there!!! Be safe and have fun.

Granted that you know about the power being anemic in today's comparison round up.

Now Bat - when I drive the NSX - anemic really doesn't come to mind. Tell EAC you have a GTO and then maybe he'll understand your post. Be nice - these cars may not be super charged and have 400 hp but they are far from enemic. IMHO that is.

Now Bat - when I drive the NSX - anemic really doesn't come to mind. Tell EAC you have a GTO and then maybe he'll understand your post. Be nice - these cars may not be super charged and have 400 hp but they are far from enemic. IMHO that is.

Tim,

I've known EAC way back in the RX7 days.

My FD was fast at 430rwhp.

He's is much faster. Like 9 secs fast if I recalled. So he already knows that the NSX will feel anemic by comparison.

Correct, my Blue 93 RX7 put down 603 whp and was 2,200 lbs. Very dangerous on the street. My 81 RX7, power was unknown but was probably around 775 whp and was also very light. My last 94 RX7 was 430 whp, very fun on the street but still dangerous.

I'm obviously not buying the NSX for raw power :)

Correct, my Blue 93 RX7 put down 603 whp and was 2,200 lbs. Very dangerous on the street. My 81 RX7, power was unknown but was probably around 775 whp and was also very light. My last 94 RX7 was 430 whp, very fun on the street but still dangerous.

I'm obviously not buying the NSX for raw power :)

I'll suffer withdrawals. Just like Peter North's women, which now need probably some "minimal" amount of endowment and "white ropes" to be interested.

So I predict that u'll be screaming for a SOS blower or turbos for the NSX soon enough.

That's the direction that I'm heading. What pushed me over the top was wishing that I had more HP on tap when a few Rustangs with blowers started egging me on.

Last edited:
I'll suffer withdrawals. Just like Peter North's women, which now need probably some "minimal" amount of endowment and "white ropes" to be interested.

So I predict that u'll be screaming for a SOS blower or turbos for the NSX soon enough.

That's the direction that I'm heading. What pushed me over the top was wishing that I had more HP on tap when a few Rustangs with blowers started egging me on.

That's the thing, in my RX7, I couldn't get a race for the life of me. The scene just isn't here anymore. I rarely see sports cars out where I'm at. Strange...

All the best EAC!

You've got me interested in Route 66. It looks like I can travel down to LA and hop on Route 66. Is I-40 the same thing?

Back