Ferrari Stradale and NSX (not stock)

TURBO2GO said:
YES baby! YES!!!!

You know, this is the only thing about Honda I do not understand. Why not team up with a company like Gruppe M or CT and have an NSX with FI from the factory. Little RD, big gains, right back to the competitive edge.

AJKS, do you have any more pics of the brakes?

|Adeel said:
If you don't mind, could we see a picture or two of the Stradale interior?

Very curious about how it compares with the "stock" Modena.

here you go

Attachments

• stradale center.jpg
    stradale center.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 123
  • stradale door.jpg
    stradale door.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 95
  • stradale engine bay.jpg
    stradale engine bay.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 102
  • stradale int 012.jpg
    stradale int 012.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 93
  • stradale int 013.jpg
    stradale int 013.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 382
A few more. The color of the seat and dash is a bit off from the flash.

Attachments

• stradale int 015.jpg
    stradale int 015.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 83
  • stradale int 014.jpg
    stradale int 014.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 82
  • stradale int 010.jpg
    stradale int 010.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 9K.jpg
    9K.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 93
  • dash2a.jpg
    dash2a.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 390
AJKS said:
You know, this is the only thing about Honda I do not understand. Why not team up with a company like Gruppe M or CT and have an NSX with FI from the factory. Little RD, big gains, right back to the competitive edge.

Because they'd have to completely redesign the engine or at the very least completely modify the block. Honda isn't stupid enough to add forced induction to an open deck motor.

AJKS said:
here you go

Fire extinguishers seem to be standard issue with every new Ferrari don't they? :biggrin:

attachment.php

|Adeel said:
With the new CTSC prices, wonder why you guys don't go N/A (SOS 3,8 l. engine) instead of SC :)

I'm going N/A the day I go nuts and need more power to play with :biggrin:
:tongue:

Smart man. FI is the equivalent of having a date with a blow up doll (pun intended) instead of a real woman.

Hugh said:
Because they'd have to completely redesign the engine or at the very least completely modify the block. Honda isn't stupid enough to add forced induction to an open deck motor.

Do most of the OEM cars out there like EVO, SRT, WRX have open deck?

AJKS said:
Do most of the OEM cars out there like EVO, SRT, WRX have open deck?

As far as I know not if they're turbocharged. On this page you'll see a side by side comparison of the engines used in the NA Subaru WRX and the FI STi. Guess which one is NOT an open deck design.

Hugh said:
As far as I know not if they're turbocharged. On this page you'll see a side by side comparison of the engines used in the NA Subaru WRX and the FI STi. Guess which one is NOT an open deck design.

UH, the WRX is not NA. Both engines are turbocharged. What does this say about your theory?

AJKS said:

Eh???? Reliability issue, smog issue, marketing/identity issue, warrentee issue, etc.??? There are lots of stuff you will never understand. But doesn't hurt to ask. I guess....:biggrin:

AJKS said:
Note the OEM NSX R hood, yes the real deal!:biggrin: And My daily driver, 2006 M3.
Wow, it look nice, I got one too!

attachment.php

that Radio looks out of place :rolleyes:

AJKS said:
I am on my 4th NSX. Last time I sold one and went with other type, I was waiting for the NA2 and got bored. I really do not wish to be without an NSX even if I do have a Ferrari.[/QUOTE

SWEET!!!:smile:

that Radio looks out of place :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I agree, I would not have ordered the Stradale with it. I have only turned it on once, and I have owned th CS for 4 months.

Vancehu said:
Eh???? Reliability issue, smog issue, marketing/identity issue, warrentee issue, etc.??? There are lots of stuff you will never understand. But doesn't hurt to ask. I guess....:biggrin:

All cars that have an OEM SC are whiple like CT, just like the Ford GT. I think Honda could get reliability to near 100% with minimal effort. I thought CTSC was DOT, Smog legal. Give Gruppe M, CT, who ever lots of cash, order 1000 units at a time, slap honda on it, and that will solve the marketing issue. Warranty issue, what warranty issue, if Honda was to spend a little R&D on a CTSC or Guppe M they would perfect the ad on with ease. 3 years 36K mile warranty, standard on new NSX, would have almost no claims. Hell, historically NSX's are not driven that much the fist few years of their life any way. By the way Ferrari has 3 year, no mile bumper to bumper warranty on Stradale, same for all new cars from them, I think.

AJKS said:
By the way Ferrari has 3 year, no mile bumper to bumper warranty on Stradale, same for all new cars from them, I think.

Ferrari could have a 3 year, 10,000 mile warranty and 90% of the cars they sold wouldn't accumulate that kind of mileage. Do a search on eBay and limit the search from 2002 to 2006 and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

The lameness of spending over $200,000 for a car and not even driving it a total of a couple of thousand miles over 3 years is beyond comprehension. Do these people get up in the middle of the night, put on their Barney slippers, grab a jar of Astroglide and jack off while ogling their cars to derive pleasure from them? Lord knows most exotic owners don't drive their cars enough to even get acclimated in them. I hope you drive your CS every chance you get AJKS. I want to see 40,000 miles on that odometer this time next year. :)

AJKS said:
Vancehu said:

All cars that have an OEM SC are whiple like CT, just like the Ford GT. I think Honda could get reliability to near 100% with minimal effort. I thought CTSC was DOT, Smog legal. Give Gruppe M, CT, who ever lots of cash, order 1000 units at a time, slap honda on it, and that will solve the marketing issue. Warranty issue, what warranty issue, if Honda was to spend a little R&D on a CTSC or Guppe M they would perfect the ad on with ease. 3 years 36K mile warranty, standard on new NSX, would have almost no claims. Hell, historically NSX's are not driven that much the fist few years of their life any way. By the way Ferrari has 3 year, no mile bumper to bumper warranty on Stradale, same for all new cars from them, I think.

It's not NA. Honda's approach to sports car has always been NA. Even Ferrari's approach is all about NA (other than the F40). You will find that NA cars will be much easier to live with: Maintanance, reliability, drivability. My self, love NA, but I'm getting the CTSC just to see what it is like, perhaps you are right, FI is the way to go, but if the next NSX comes with a big engine, there will be no reason to FI the engine. It's also about showcasing the technology. Don't forget, Honda was the first to figure out 100hp/liter years before other companies copied their system.

AJKS said:
FYI some people have the title to their cars so no payment! Its like a 401K plan but better:biggrin: Lastly, money is not the key to a better or worse car!

I'm sure most of us own our NSX's outright. They're in a different realm of cost compared to a CS. Don't really understand how owning a car is like a 401k since cars do nothing but depreciate. And I don't really understand how "money is not the key to a better or worse car!"? Does factory performance not generally increase with the price tag?

Vancehu said:
AJKS said:
Even Ferrari's approach is all about NA (other than the F40).

Lets not forget the 288GTO which was a beast in its own right

AJKS said:
NSX-R factory spec's 12.4 1/4 mile, 4.4 0-60, 175 top end. Stradale factory spec 12.1 1/4 mile, 4.0 0-60, 186 top end. My NSX 0-60 4.1 (on board CPU), 1/4 mile 12.3, have been to 180 and it had a little more. My Stradale is a bit faster than stock should be sub 4.0 0-60, high 11's, 198 top end with the mods I have.
The NSX-R and mine, although lower on power, have things done that cannot be seen in HP figures alone. Such as gearing, less rotating mass (wheels & brakes), six speed Vs F1.
Another thing is usable HP. My NSX does not spin at all when I leave the line. The Stradale is very hard to get out of the hole, especially with the F1 tranny. You have to do a race assist start on the Stradale. You hold the brake, press a button, rev to desired RPM, let go of button, hold RPM, release brake, then the clutch drops. This is the only way to get a good start or you will burn up the clutch. Thing is you get tire spin no matter how hard you try. After 90-100 the Stradale walks the dog on my NSX but on a tight track with no real long straight's the NSX has a fighting chance!
Lets make it clear I know the NSX is still in the game! That is why I started this thread. A moded NSX can still kick A$$.
Hope this helps clear it up.

Thankx AJKS, yes, this has really cleared things up for me.
I did not expect the Stradale to have a traction problem from the line. Is this a specific issue with the F1-transmission ?? From what you write, I would conclude that the difference in acceleration from a rolling start (like 10mph) between the two cars would be considerable.
I do not really suspect a NSX to be equal to a 360 Stradale, but I think it is still very nice to see that (on a tight track at least) you still consider them comparable. Although I must also admit that I have been pleasantly surprised by the NSX-R to see how it performs against other cars in several BM-video's.

Vancehu said:
AJKS said:
It's not NA. Honda's approach to sports car has always been NA. Even Ferrari's approach is all about NA (other than the F40). You will find that NA cars will be much easier to live with: Maintanance, reliability, drivability. My self, love NA, but I'm getting the CTSC just to see what it is like, perhaps you are right, FI is the way to go, but if the next NSX comes with a big engine, there will be no reason to FI the engine. It's also about showcasing the technology. Don't forget, Honda was the first to figure out 100hp/liter years before other companies copied their system.

I am with you on this. NA is the way to go period but Honda did not want to put a new engine in the NA2 NSX. So FI would be a very good way to get back into the game for the short term. I realy would be upset if FI was the long term answer for Honda. Here is where I love the Ferrari engine, a 3.6L (218cu), 9000 rpm, 430 HP, all NA. The engine in the CS is a moded 360 engine that has been around for 7-8 years. You would think Honda could build a V8 with same as or better numbers. An NA 400-450 HP V8 NSX would kick the $hit out of 90% of the sport car/super car market. I would be happy with only minor re-design for the body, face lift the inside, but throw in a V8 400 plus motor.

Back