Ferrari Stradale and NSX (not stock)

AJKS said:
I will try and get pics up of both the Stradale and NSX together. They are to big to post and I can not resize them for some reason. Anybody feel like hosting a few Pics for me?

Email them to me and I'll be happy to re-size them. Or you can do a Google search for Irfanview, download it and resize them yourself. I'll PM you my email.

|Adeel said:
Titanium brakes? What kind are those?

Light NSX-T, not bad at all :)

Built by a company called ZMI. Not doing street cars anymore. The Ti brakes can still be built to order. Barnman has the hook up for them.
You forgot to mention not only light weight but real fast too.:biggrin:

NetViper said:
The 512TR is to me one of the most beautiful cars ever made. Far better looking than the NSX IMO. It was the last truly exotic looking Ferrari's. The 550 looks boring in comparison and even the 599 doesn't look near as exotic.

Go one year newer and you have the 512M. Now that is the king!

AJKS said:
Built by a company called ZMI. Not doing street cars anymore. The Ti brakes can still be built to order. Barnman has the hook up for them.
You forgot to mention not only light weight but real fast too.:biggrin:

That's cool. I'm going Brembo Indy if I'm ever going for bigger brakes :)

Theirs a guy that I know that had a 360 modena. He always wanted one because it was his dream car. He bought it brand new and within a few months it had alot of problems already, so he decided to sell it. He didnt like it because his car was in the shop 3 times and realize how unreliable it was. He'll never buy another ferrari again. He was really thankful because his car had warranty, if it didnt have warranty he would've been screwed.
I think ferraris are a work of art but when it comes to reliability as a honda, they stilll have alot of work to do.

Hugh said:
Oy veh! Get StopTechs or AP Racing brakes.

I want the bling factor too :biggrin: Just kidding, bigger brakes are not priority right now, loads of other stuff to be put on the NSX this year :)

AJKS said:
Go one year newer and you have the 512M. Now that is the king!

Acutally I think they ruined it with the M.

I got a ride on the track in a 512 and I was really not very impressed. :frown: The dream is always better than reality.... well mostly..

Now, I did get a ride in a 360CS and it was by far the best car I have been in on a racetrack inlcuding the F40.

It is funny because my friend with the CS bought an old 308 race car to use on track days because the CS cost too much if something goes wrong. If I was not going to track the car, i would pass on the CS.

NetViper said:
Acutally I think they ruined it with the M.

I got a ride on the track in a 512 and I was really not very impressed. :frown: The dream is always better than reality.... well mostly..

Now, I did get a ride in a 360CS and it was by far the best car I have been in on a racetrack inlcuding the F40.

It is funny because my friend with the CS bought an old 308 race car to use on track days because the CS cost too much if something goes wrong. If I was not going to track the car, i would pass on the CS.

Most CS's are still under warranty. So a breakage other than a wall is covered. Ferrari had a 3 year no mile limit warranty on all CS's.
After driving a 360 and a 575 I went with the CS even though I will only make 1 or 2 track this season. The car is a low production number Ferrari (less than 1200 total for world wide sale and 250-300 for US), also is a blast to drive over the standard 360 and 575. Most Ferrari owners sum it up as the CS is the F40 of today. Meaning it will hold value or go up, it is not refined (more of what a Ferrari should be), and pure eye candy.

The stradale is not for the faint of wallet,,if you choose to track the car.I met a nice couple who track an 04 cs and after going through 2 sets of brake pads the dealer made them buy a complete set of 4 rotors plus the pads,saying this was the rules layed down from Ferrari:rolleyes: be that as it may the price tag was 35k:eek: after only 14,000 miles. Suspension wise and handling The car is more like an nsx R with an extra 100 hp.

AJKS said:
Most CS's are still under warranty. So a breakage other than a wall is covered. Ferrari had a 3 year no mile limit warranty on all CS's.
After driving a 360 and a 575 I went with the CS even though I will only make 1 or 2 track this season. The car is a low production number Ferrari (less than 1200 total for world wide sale and 250-300 for US), also is a blast to drive over the standard 360 and 575. Most Ferrari owners sum it up as the CS is the F40 of today. Meaning it will hold value or go up, it is not refined (more of what a Ferrari should be), and pure eye candy.

I actually think there were about 350-355 CS's made for the states. I am not sure how the 360CS will hold up in value once the 430CS is released (assuming that they actually make a 430 for the US market next year with the airbag reg. problem)

NETVIPER said:
The problem comes when the warranty runs out! $16,500 F1 gearbox pump anyone? OUCH. .

The 355F1 has the megabuck pump. The one on the 360's are actually only $1000-2000 if I recall correctly.

Shumdit said:
I actually think there were about 350-355 CS's made for the states.

Here are a couple of them attempting to mate so that number goes up. :biggrin:

360_042202_001.jpg

Shumdit said:
I actually think there were about 350-355 CS's made for the states. I am not sure how the 360CS will hold up in value once the 430CS is released (assuming that they actually make a 430 for the US market next year with the airbag reg. problem)

If they make a 430CS it's mine:biggrin: I am sure you can compare the F40 whan the F50 came around. Hell, ir may drive the price of the 360CS up if the 430CS in north of the 300k mark.
If you ask FNA they say 300 CS's for the US, my Ferrari dealer says 250, so lets just say 250-350 and make it simple. Still 350 is a nice low production number for the states:wink:

The 355F1 has the megabuck pump. The one on the 360's are actually only $1000-2000 if I recall correctly.
You are almost on the money $2500.00 is what I hear (rertail), it is one of the first questions I asked.

Those are 360 Challenge models, not the 360 Challenge Stradale. I think the genetic code is too disimilar for mating of these 2 breeds to occur:biggrin:

BioBanker said:
I dont think that anyone should question which is the better car, a fully modded NSX or a Challenge Stradale. Its not even a tough call.

But, last time out on the track there was a CS that couldnt get me. Im sure he has the faster car in the end (vs my CTSCd 02), but he couldnt get me!

So what! I want a CS!

I like to see a Best motoring battle between the NSX R and the Stradale. The NSX R, beat the standard 360 every time, as I recalled.

Vancehu said:
I like to see a Best motoring battle between the NSX R and the Stradale. The NSX R, beat the standard 360 every time, as I recalled.

Not on the straights. Infact, I have the best motoring with the NSX-R vs a bunch of cars including the GT3 and normal 360 and the 360 beat the NSX-R. (although the NSX-R did overheat). On a track where there are long straights, the NSX-R simply cannot compete with an extra 100HP. Enter the F430 CS and you will be talking about an extra 200HP.

Now, if you put a Comptech SC on the NSX-R, you would have something interesting. I wonder if anyone has done that. Or I guess GruppeM over in Japan.

AJKS said:
The Stradale is as reliable as my NSX. There are many 10-15K mile Stradale's out there and most of those miles being track miles with little or no known problems.

Wow 10-15k miles thats so impressive.....

AJKS,
Thanks for your opinion on both cars. I really appreciate the write up from someone that owns(ed) both and can look at them in comparison.

...and for those that bash in general...remember, cars are like women...some are high maintanence, some are low....some you want to ride REGARDLESS of the cost!!!!:P

hmm...i think i found my tagline!!! heheehe

Now, if you put a Comptech SC on the NSX-R, you would have something interesting. I wonder if anyone has done that. Or I guess GruppeM over in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Funny you brought this up. I really think that my 2002 NSX (as is) will be very near the times of my Stradale on the track. Although it is only 278 RWHP compared to 361 RWHP (both dyno proven #'s) on my Stradale they are almost the same weight. The 0-60 time almost the same, the NSX's 1/4 mile times are about .3 slower, but the brakes on the Stradale WOW! The CS brakes are Carbon Ceramic 15 inch F 14.5 inch R monster's! Tires go to the CS with the P-Zero Corsa system, over my S03's on the NSX. Lastly, transmission goes to the CS. The CS will shift at 150ms in race mode. It is the best thing about the CS! I do think if my NSX had a CTSC it would be anyone's race. My NSX is a bit faster than a stock NSX-R in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Best NA times are 12.3 @109 1/4 mile and 0-60 at 4.2. So I agree with you that it would be very interesting.

As far as a 430CS, who knows. Its like last year and all of us asking is there going to be a next gen NSX? There is no word from FNA yet. Here is a link that has some details
http://www.worldcarfans.com/rsslink...i/ferrari-f-430-challenge-stradale-spy-photos

vtecNSX1 said:
Wow 10-15k miles thats so impressive.....

It is very impressive to be all track mile's for only 2 seasons! Go buy an NSX and do only one thing for 15K mile's, race it. Then we will see if we have any issues.

I think the CS if properly maintained should be quite reliable but there is definily more maintenace involved in owning a CS then a Nsx.

NetViper said:
Infact, I have the best motoring with the NSX-R vs a bunch of cars including the GT3 and normal 360 and the 360 beat the NSX-R. (although the NSX-R did overheat). On a track where there are long straights, the NSX-R simply cannot compete with an extra 100HP.

Are sure you're not talking about The Battle of Motegi video with the NSX-R vs Murci vs Gallardo vs 360 vs 996 vs M3 CSL?

If I recall correctly it was really a race between the 2 Lambos and the NSX and the NSX had a good chance of winning had it not been for the overheating. The NSX decimated the cars with 100+HP and hung right in there with the two raging bulls which had almost twice the horsepower. In fact the candy ass Modena finished dead last behind a 4 seater BMW!.

1. Murcielago 6'32"98
2. Gallardo 6'34"88
3. NSX-R 6'36"24
4. P-Car 996 6'48"49
5. M3 CSL 6'49"51
6. 360 F-Car 6'51"98

The bottom line is that is you want a Ferrari that is a real race car, go join a Formula One team. The stuff they sell at the dealerships is simlpy eye candy with mediocre performance and poor reliability. They are cashing in on their name and pro racing successes. A 360 Modena has about as much in common with a Ferrari race car as Yanni has in common with Metallica.

God! I can be nasty sometimes huh? :)

Hugh said:
Are sure you're not talking about The Battle of Motegi video with the NSX-R vs Murci vs Gallardo vs 360 vs 996 vs M3 CSL?

If I recall correctly it was really a race between the 2 Lambos and the NSX and the NSX had a good chance of winning had it not been for the overheating. The NSX decimated the cars with 100+HP and hung right in there with the two raging bulls which had almost twice the horsepower. In fact the candy ass Modena finished dead last behind a 4 seater BMW!.

1. Murcielago 6'32"98
2. Gallardo 6'34"88
3. NSX-R 6'36"24
4. P-Car 996 6'48"49
5. M3 CSL 6'49"51
6. 360 F-Car 6'51"98

The bottom line is that is you want a Ferrari that is a real race car, go join a Formula One team. The stuff they sell at the dealerships is simlpy eye candy with mediocre performance and poor reliability. They are cashing in on their name and pro racing successes. A 360 Modena has about as much in common with a Ferrari race car as Yanni has in common with Metallica.

God! I can be nasty sometimes huh? :)

i remember that race also,.. as i recalled the ferrari's brembo brakes faded on the 3rd lap. as far as the lambos go, if the NSX R hadn't overheated, and if there were more laps than four,.. the NSXR would have a good chance in beating them (tire life) endurance wise.

Back