Ferrari Stradale and NSX (not stock)

AMGsRock said:
First let me say that the NSX is amazing sports car and has weathered the years extremely well.

However, you guys are not serious about your comparisons between the NSX and the 360CS are you? Ferrari has been redesigning from the ground up its V8 sports car for numerous years and the NSX has only received several minor updates over the years.

Why not? my 2002 NSX-T with mods is very competitive! Any NSX with mods can do great things.

It is extremely unfair to compare a $30k-40K car such as the NSX to a Ferrari that still sells for approximately $160k used. The comparison of the two is just not realistic. Also, the NSX-R though extremely trick is not even available in the U.S., which makes its inclusion in this comparison even more unrealistic.

Money is not the issue here. It makes no difference how much a car cost. What is important is what the car can do!

By the way, last time I checked....
2002-2005 NSX's are going for $55,000.00-$85,000.00 MSRP~$89,000.00
2004 Stradale are going for $185,000.00-$215,000.00 MSRP~$205,000.00
1999-2004 360 Modena $98,000.00-$165,000.00 MSRP~$175,000.00

PhiAlpha44 said:
I guess there are more "RACE CAR DRIVERS" on here than I originally thought.
I see all these posts about "The NSX is THREE TENTHS of a SECOND slower in the quarter mile", "I'm going to take both my cars to a race track to see which one is better".... How many of us really "RACE" our cars? How many of us spend thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to improve our "lap times"? Who the heck knows what .3 seconds faster even feels like? Most people on here drive their cars on nice weekends, take their girls out to dinner, times where you WANT a car that's civilized. I'm not sure what you mean by "The NSX is TOO civilized"? Compared to what? I think I'm going to rip out all my carpet and the passenger seat, then install a roll cage so my car isn't so civilized. I'm sorry but I think that this whole thing is just silly.
You are comparing a car that BRAND NEW cost around 90k to a car that costs over $140,000. Dude, for that money, your car SHOULD be THREE TENTHS of a second quicker, even if the NSX HAS Nitrous. Hey, if anybody wants a 2004 Challenge Stradale, a dealership in Florida has one you can have in your garage for the low low price of JUST $1753.96 per month!!!!!!!! Of course that's probably more than most people's mortgage for a 3 year old automobile... but hey, it's a Ferrari! Something tells me I'm going to get very good Performance for my dollar out of my NSX, and the day someone dogs me because my car won't beat a Ferrari on a road course, I'll let you know. I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, but good god.
If you are going to compare cars, compare apples to apples. The comment "my NSX, modded to the hilt is where my Ferrari came out of the factory", no kidding bro, that's why you pay $150,000 for it. The price tag alone should already tell you that. I'm sure someone is on a McLaren forum right now saying "You know, my Ferrari Stradale modded to the hilt isn't even close to my McLaren F1." Again, check out the price tag..... and you shouldn't even have to create that argument.

Just a few points to make.
I have a car for dinner out too, C the pic above! Find me a girl that would complain about going to dinner in a CS or NSX, good luck. I likey to race my cars, it's my thing! By the way DUDE the CS is around $195,000.00! Find me CS's for 150 grand and I will buy two. FYI some people have the title to their cars so no payment! Its like a 401K plan but better:biggrin: Lastly, money is not the key to a better or worse car!

Last edited:
amgnsx said:
where's the pix? i'd love to see a moded 2002 nsx next to Stradale Ferrari :biggrin:

attachment.php

R U Happy with the PICS?:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
AJKS,
Thanks for your opinion on both cars. I really appreciate the write up from someone that owns(ed) both and can look at them in comparison.

...and for those that bash in general...remember, cars are like women...some are high maintanence, some are low....some you want to ride REGARDLESS of the cost!!!!:P

hmm...i think i found my tagline!!! heheehe

Words to live by. Mate.

AMGsRock said:
AJKS,

You have two very very sweet sports cars. The NSX has a very purposeful look to it, but it lacks sex appeal.

Nice cars!

Yeah Okay... Sorry the Ferrari is smokin, but the NSX is ver nice as well. Give credit where it's do.
That NSX was designed in 87-90 or so, and with a Few changes, looks just as exotic as the Ferrari. PERIOD!!!
If it cost as much, it would be the main charachter in a post like this.

Both of the cars are nice, He has them in a way that I would want to have them, both at the same time.:wink:

Nice cars. Nice comparo.

I need more pics of the brakes... :smile: This is a significant weight savings... but I am so afraid of screwing with such a critical part of the car with something somewhat experimental... nevermind that's what the "X" stands for.

AJKS said:
R U Happy with the PICS?:biggrin:
OHHH yeah!!!

Wait a min. isnt that the NSX that was featured in Honda tuning a while back.??? It mentions that the owner had an NSX previously then sold it and later on went right back to the NSX. :smile:

My Honda Tuning mags are on my desk at work, I'm home right now. i'll double check when i get to work.

If you don't mind, could we see a picture or two of the Stradale interior?

Very curious about how it compares with the "stock" Modena.

There are a lot of options on the CS interior. Leather or Alcantra seats, dash or a combo of the two. The optional (on the Modena) sport seats are standard on the CS, and the CS has carbon fiber door panels and center console and no carpeting/sound deadner. Lastly, the CS has the HVAC controls where the radio and window switches are on the Modena, with the window switches now on the center console and the (optional) radio in a small add-on pod below the center of the dash. There are probably enough combos that all 354 US CS's could have a unique set up!

|Adeel said:

amgnsx said:
OHHH yeah!!!

Wait a min. isnt that the NSX that was featured in Honda tuning a while back.??? It mentions that the owner had an NSX previously then sold it and later on went right back to the NSX. :smile:

My Honda Tuning mags are on my desk at work, I'm home right now. i'll double check when i get to work.

Yes, it was in Honda Tuning in Jan 2005. I have done a few things from when those pics for the mag have been taken. I did have another Ferrari, sold it and got a 94 NSX, sold it got the 2002. This time I kept my NSX and got another Ferrari to sit next to the NSX in the grage. Keep your eye out for an HCI feature on my 2002 NSX later in the year.

|Adeel said:

I will take a few pics and beg Hugh to re-size them for me. My Stradale has red leather, sued dash, stereo add on. The interior of the Modena and CS are a world apart.

AJKS said:
Funny you brought this up. I really think that my 2002 NSX (as is) will be very near the times of my Stradale on the track. Although it is only 278 RWHP compared to 361 RWHP (both dyno proven #'s) on my Stradale they are almost the same weight. The 0-60 time almost the same, the NSX's 1/4 mile times are about .3 slower...
My NSX is a bit faster than a stock NSX-R in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Best NA times are 12.3 @109 1/4 mile and 0-60 at 4.2. So I agree with you that it would be very interesting.

There is something thing that I must be missing here.... :confused:

- The (your) NSX has 278 RWHP, the Stradale 361 RWHP....(that's 30% more)
- They are almost the same weight
- 0-60 time almost the same
- 1/4 mile only .3 seconds slower

If both cars are so dissimilar in their power output, the how come their performance (at least up to a 100-110 mph) seems to be so similar.

Normally speaking I would think gearing is the answer when HP and weight are very different but since 1/4 mile is practically the same as well I am confused. Or is it that the Stradale starts showing its HP advantage and much higher speed only ???

TURBO2GO said:
I need more pics of the brakes... :smile: This is a significant weight savings... but I am so afraid of screwing with such a critical part of the car with something somewhat experimental... nevermind that's what the "X" stands for.

Do a search on ZMI brakes or Titanium brakes. I would no longer call them experimental. I have been running them for almost 2 years now. No problems at all. There was a set that was built for another NSX and they had some issues, not sure if they got them fixed up or not. The only few problems are that they are custom made to order, very expensive, spare parts take a week or two to get. If that does not bother you they are well worth it.
I would say that the Ti brakes was one of the best performance mods I have done to the NSX. Due to removing a total of 95 pounds of weight, 70 pounds of that rotating mass weight, the seat of the pants feel is crazy! My 1/4 mile time droped .2-.3 of a second. Handling is also much improved.

MvM said:
There is something thing that I must be missing here.... :confused:

- The (your) NSX has 278 RWHP, the Stradale 361 RWHP....(that's 30% more)
- They are almost the same weight
- 0-60 time almost the same
- 1/4 mile only .3 seconds slower

If both cars are so dissimilar in their power output, the how come their performance (at least up to a 100-110 mph) seems to be so similar.

Normally speaking I would think gearing is the answer when HP and weight are very different but since 1/4 mile is practically the same as well I am confused. Or is it that the Stradale starts showing its HP advantage and much higher speed only ???

NSX-R factory spec's 12.4 1/4 mile, 4.4 0-60, 175 top end. Stradale factory spec 12.1 1/4 mile, 4.0 0-60, 186 top end. My NSX 0-60 4.1 (on board CPU), 1/4 mile 12.3 (Bowling Green, KY track, also did an 11.4 that day with a 100 shot of Nitrous), have been to 180 and it had a little more. My Stradale is a bit faster than stock should be sub 4.0 0-60, high 11's, 198 top end with the mods I have.
The NSX-R and mine, although lower on power, have things done that cannot be seen in HP figures alone. Such as gearing, less rotating mass (wheels & brakes), six speed Vs F1. I have done a few more things to the NSX from when the times above where achieved, so I am sure I will post a bit better numbers now. Another thing is usable HP. My NSX does not spin at all when I leave the line. The Stradale is very hard to get out of the hole, especially with the F1 tranny. You have to do a race assist start on the Stradale. You hold the brake, press a button, rev to desired RPM, let go of button, hold RPM, release brake, then the clutch drops. This is the only way to get a good start or you will burn up the clutch. Thing is you get tire spin no matter how hard you try. This is the main reason the Stradale is limited to high 11's in the quarter. Now after 90-100 the stradale walks the dog on my NSX but on a tight track with no real long straight's the NSX has a fighting chance! Lets make it clear I know the NSX is still in the game! That is why I started this thread. A moded NSX can still kick A$$. If you throw a CTSC on a post 2002 NSX-T with some other mods, IHE, you have a modern day Honda Super Car!
Hope this helps clear it up.

Okey, thanks. Red interior is "too much" for me but it might look great in this 360 CS.

You really enjoy your NSX? Because you sold your first and then bought one again :)

I always get fascinated by people with NSXs who sell it, and comes back to it! Makes me wanna keep mine forever :)

AJKS said:
If you throw a CTSC on a post 2002 NSX-T with some other mods, IHE, you have a modern day Honda Super Car!

YES baby! YES!!!!

|Adeel said:
Okey, thanks. Red interior is "too much" for me but it might look great in this 360 CS.

You really enjoy your NSX? Because you sold your first and then bought one again :)

I always get fascinated by people with NSXs who sell it, and comes back to it! Makes me wanna keep mine forever :)

I am on my 4th NSX. Last time I sold one and went with other type, I was waiting for the NA2 and got bored. I really do not wish to be without an NSX even if I do have a Ferrari.

With the new CTSC prices, wonder why you guys don't go N/A (SOS 3,8 l. engine) instead of SC :)

I'm going N/A the day I go nuts and need more power to play with :biggrin:

:tongue:

AJKS said:
I am on my 4th NSX. Last time I sold one and went with other type, I was waiting for the NA2 and got bored. I really do not wish to be without an NSX even if I do have a Ferrari.

4th?!! man Honda should pay you something...

AJKS said:

Cool :)

Back