Ferrari Stradale and NSX (not stock)

AJKS said:
It is very impressive to be all track mile's for only 2 seasons! Go buy an NSX and do only one thing for 15K mile's, race it. Then we will see if we have any issues.

15.000 miles on the track???

AJKS said:
The 0-60 time almost the same, the NSX's 1/4 mile times are about .3 slower....

I guess there are more "RACE CAR DRIVERS" on here than I originally thought.
I see all these posts about "The NSX is THREE TENTHS of a SECOND slower in the quarter mile", "I'm going to take both my cars to a race track to see which one is better".... How many of us really "RACE" our cars? How many of us spend thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to improve our "lap times"? Who the heck knows what .3 seconds faster even feels like? Most people on here drive their cars on nice weekends, take their girls out to dinner, times where you WANT a car that's civilized. I'm not sure what you mean by "The NSX is TOO civilized"? Compared to what? I think I'm going to rip out all my carpet and the passenger seat, then install a roll cage so my car isn't so civilized. I'm sorry but I think that this whole thing is just silly.
You are comparing a car that BRAND NEW cost around 90k to a car that costs over $140,000. Dude, for that money, your car SHOULD be THREE TENTHS of a second quicker, even if the NSX HAS Nitrous. Hey, if anybody wants a 2004 Challenge Stradale, a dealership in Florida has one you can have in your garage for the low low price of JUST $1753.96 per month!!!!!!!! Of course that's probably more than most people's mortgage for a 3 year old automobile... but hey, it's a Ferrari! Something tells me I'm going to get very good Performance for my dollar out of my NSX, and the day someone dogs me because my car won't beat a Ferrari on a road course, I'll let you know. I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to be a jerk here, but good god.
If you are going to compare cars, compare apples to apples. The comment "my NSX, modded to the hilt is where my Ferrari came out of the factory", no kidding bro, that's why you pay $150,000 for it. The price tag alone should already tell you that. I'm sure someone is on a McLaren forum right now saying "You know, my Ferrari Stradale modded to the hilt isn't even close to my McLaren F1." Again, check out the price tag..... and you shouldn't even have to create that argument.

Hugh said:
Are sure you're not talking about The Battle of Motegi video with the NSX-R vs Murci vs Gallardo vs 360 vs 996 vs M3 CSL?

If I recall correctly it was really a race between the 2 Lambos and the NSX and the NSX had a good chance of winning had it not been for the overheating. The NSX decimated the cars with 100+HP and hung right in there with the two raging bulls which had almost twice the horsepower. In fact the candy ass Modena finished dead last behind a 4 seater BMW!.

No, that is not the race I am reffering to. I haven't seen it on the Net. As for that race, there was not a really long straight in it. But notice when the track did go straight the lambo blew by the NSX.

PhiAlpha44 said:
Hey, if anybody wants a 2004 Challenge Stradale, a dealership in Florida has one you can have in your garage for the low low price of JUST $1753.96 per month!!!!!!!!

You are probably overlooking the $40,000 down payment most of these quoted payments include. :wink:

AJKS said:
I will try and get pics up of both the Stradale and NSX together. They are to big to post and I can not resize them for some reason. Anybody feel like hosting a few Pics for me?

where's the pix? i'd love to see a moded 2002 nsx next to Stradale Ferrari :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• AMGNSX pics.gif
    AMGNSX pics.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,218
Last edited:
AJKS said:
I test drove many other cars before I bought the Stradale. Test drives where in a Ford GT, Lambo M and G car, 430 and 575 Ferrari.
Can you tell me how the CS drove vs the 430 and Ford GT? Thanks.

First let me say that the NSX is amazing sports car and has weathered the years extremely well.

However, you guys are not serious about your comparisons between the NSX and the 360CS are you? Ferrari has been redesigning from the ground up its V8 sports car for numerous years and the NSX has only received several minor updates over the years.

As stated earlier in the thread, the NSX was designed in the era of the 348 and has not been changed substantially. Honda definietly hit a grand slam when it originally introduced the NSX in 1990, but the competition has passed it years ago. The Ferrari entry V8 platform has been completely been completely redesigned each time from the 348 to 355 to 360 to the 360CS. I can only imagine what kind of track weapon the new 430CS will be when introduced.

It is extremely unfair to compare a $30k-40K car such as the NSX to a Ferrari that still sells for approximately $160k used. The comparison of the two is just not realistic. Also, the NSX-R though extremely trick is not even available in the U.S., which makes its inclusion in this comparison even more unrealistic.

The NSX's true equal from Ferrari is the 355. It's amazing that the NSX can offer the performance of the 355, but at only 1/2 the price and of course if you add the cost of repairs and maintenance, the NSX would only cost 1/3 of the Ferrari to own.

This is why I like the NSX. :smile:

You sir, have a perfect taste :wink:

This is so sweeeeeet... :) Only thing I didn't like was the steeringwheel in the NSX. Except for that, amazing :)

AJKS,

You have two very very sweet sports cars. The NSX has a very purposeful look to it, but it lacks sex appeal.

The CS on the otherhand is just plain sexy! It has beautiful curves like a hot woman.

Nice cars!

AMGsRock said:
The NSX has a very purposeful look to it, but it lacks sex appeal.

You're kidding right? :confused:

Hugh
You are the MAN!!! Thank you very much for helping me post the Pics. If you ever make it up to Nashville drop me a PM I owe you a ride in both of them.

John

AJKS said:
Hugh
You are the MAN!!! Thank you very much for helping me post the Pics. If you ever make it up to Nashville drop me a PM I owe you a ride in both of them.

John

My pleasure. I'll definitely give you a shout if Nashville is in my future travel plans. I also emailed you a zip file with the re-sized photos.

SoCalDude said:
Can you tell me how the CS drove vs the 430 and Ford GT? Thanks.

The 430 is smooth and refined almost to refined for me. It drives like a p-car. Plenty fast by far the best Ferrari production car yet. When and if the 430 has a CS edition I am down for one. As you can see I like to mod my cars and the 360CS was a better platform, very little to make it where I wanted to be. That was the main reason I went with the CS. The GT is smokin fast! but that is about all I have good to say about it. Seats are not very comfortable, visibility is not that great, the handling is OK, tires suck, brakes are good. My partner has one, he loves it. So each there own. I would never own a GT over an NSX!

Hugh said:
What brakes are those on the NSX?

Titanium 15 inch rotors, custom built by a company called ZMI. They are not doing autos any more. But Barnman knows the guy who designed them and has the contact info to build them upon request.

Back