F1 2009 megathread

Re: Secret code

Flavio has a secret code that means "crash!".
He's sent it to Nelson throughout the season. :wink:
Yeah, I think you're onto it. Flavio probably gets on the radio when it's time to crash and tells Peaky that he's fondling his (Peaky's) GF. or that she's got a firm grip on the Chief Engineer's lollipop!! :tongue: I hear nothing but nice things about old Flabby Flav. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, Badoer has driven so poorly he's likely to not only to lose his seat in the car, but to also lose his test driver job. I mean, how can he possibly set the car up properly or otherwise do his job when his performance is so dramatically different than where it needs to be?

With the off season approaching I suspect Ferrari will make a move to bring in a new test driver. That's what I'd do given the importance of the off season testing.

Well, he did peform very well during Schuey's reign. How much that was to Schuey and the amount of testing he did or Baddy's doing is anyone's guess.

Maybe Nelson Jr. will take the job. ;)

Well, Fizzycola is officially Fezza's second driver.

Autosport said:
"For any Italian driver, a Ferrari race seat is a long-held dream and for Giancarlo it was no exception. No one should stand in the way of this. Furthermore the agreement will secure Giancarlo's long-term future with Ferrari and it would be incorrect to jeopardise this, particularly when Giancarlo has made such a vital contribution to Force India."

Force India is understood to have outstanding debts with Ferrari left over from its customer engine supply deal that ended last year - but Mallya said that commercial factors did not have a role in the outcome.

"We would like to stress that we have not agreed any financial settlement with Ferrari," he said. "This agreement has been made in good faith and for the good of Giancarlo and the sport in general. A competitive Italian driver in a Ferrari for Monza is a positive story for Formula 1, which can only help raise the sport's profile in these difficult times.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78280

How nice of Force India. ;)

I just watched the race, wow! Another great race. Freaking Grosjean messing it up for Button. Who was the other driver that ran into someone else?

Great performance by Rubens considering his bad start. It's not the first time he's had problems with the clutch at the start of a race. Conspiracy, anyone? I'm positive he could have passed Heiki Kovalainen had he not had that oil leak, and had to back off a bit.

Fisicola, amazing pace. I also think this guy could have passed Kimi had he had a couple more laps. Or perhaps he didn't want to beat a Ferrari, like somone already mentioned. Either way, I'm happy for the guy.

Re: Gone and totally forgotten..........

Luca (how) "Bad-u-are" has disappeared from the F-1 stage for the last time!!! His 1.5 minutes of exposure (certainly not fame) has passed and wankers across the universe are saddened but not surprised. :redface: Who knew? it could have been Luca that surprised just as easy as Fizzy-cola !!!

God certainly has a sense of humor and I, for one, look forward to discussing this entire bizarre scenario with Him some day soon. ROFLMAO:biggrin:

Interesting season now.

I don't understand the Alonso Ferrari rumours with Ferrari having both Massa and Raikkonen under contract for 2010. Massa will surely be back next season...it will be interesting to see what is actually decided and who will drive for the Scuderia. Why would you pay out one of these highly paid drivers who are talented for Alonso?

Now the Renault and Raikkonen rumours...why would he? Even if Nokia is planning on injecting a ton o cash it would seem a career ender for sure.

Plus the Renault Singapore race fixing investigation; will Renault be in F1 for 2010 (worst case scenario). If McLaren paid their stiff fine for cheating can you imagine what Renault will be handed? It would surely put a nice dent in their operating budget...

^ Alonso is the best complete driver in F1 today;

Proven 2X WDC.
Can develop a car as he has proven at Renault.
Still motivated which as it turns out is just as much a factor as raw speed.
He has the raw speed.

I think with the budget caps supposedly going into place, driver salary is one area that is "free" so Ferrari is buying the best talent as it has done in the past. Well as they thought they were doing with Kimster.

I would put Alonso up there with MS.
(even though I cant stand his ethics, or lack thereof, which come to think of it resemble MS's)

Last edited:
^ Alonso is the best complete driver in F1 today? :eek:

He makes plenty of mistakes, like spinning on the warm up lap with his "rip the wheel back and forth while at full throttle" tire warming technique??? Lucky to recover from that bonehead move.

Also, don't piss him off, or he'll sell your team out and cost you 100 million? Ask Ron Dennis, and he'll say he's closer to complete disaster than complete driver?

Kimi is suppose to go Rallying for a new Fiat team, Alonzo slots into his seat, Massa comes back or doesn't and Schumi works on the neck, with Fizzy taking either place if they get ok for a third car or one of them can't drive? Either way Fizzy is where he has always dreamed, even if only a test driver.

Good luck Fizzy, be careful what you wish for? Now you have what you always dreamed about? Let see if the results follow?

Well, the Caterpillars to Ferrari rumors just became a little more concrete: Fezza is to announce Santander as their new sponsor. Santander just doesn't move sponsorship for any 'ole reason.

Re: Fred's gonna be Red, so, what's next?

OK, one more baby step toward that certainty.

So, what does that force, if anything, with Kimi? Are we going to see a 3 car Red team next year? That's still a (FOTA?) idea at this point, right? If not, does that mean a big pile of money will entice him to pack up a year early and go somewhere, (rally, Renault, wherever..........like anyone cares) ? :tongue:

Or does it mean that Santander is willing to wait another year for Fred to get red?

So many questions, so many possibilities. :rolleyes:

Re: Fred's gonna be Red, so, what's next?

I think the writing is on the wall for Kimi. He won't be in the same seat next year. I've heard rumors about Flava Flavio courting Kimi but, really, who knows until it's "official."

Re: Predictions; who will respond, who will wilt

Yeah, the handwriting is on the wall for the Kimster; question is, is he doing the writing? Well, this race and the rest of the season should be interesting to see how he does; if he somehow shows some spark and the talent he was known for. Wouldn't surprise me either way since he's been all over the results map.

Is Button caving under pressure or is his stay in purgatory due to end? No clue here.

How about some pressure on Fishy? Italian in a strange car in the Italian race. Is he any good really? I'm predicting starting 12th and finishing 14th.

Luizzi. another noob in an '09 seat. Will he feel any pressure sitting in a seat that's still warm from a podium finish?

Are we finally done with "Looka-how-bad-you-are". Cracked me up when he blamed the press for his wankerishness. The press? :eek: :rolleyes: That's too funny !!!!

Renault is screwed. Check out the part where Renault's defense is that it was Jr.'s suggestion first and it gets even better when Flav's and Symond's stories don't mesh. Sad sad sad.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78446

Well, if Alfonso wants out this is the time and ship to jump off of. And if Ghosn wants to shut the doors on Renault, who could blame him now? He'd be funding a ghost team w/o any chance of points but with every disgrace.

Re: When did Bernie get religion?

today's sermon from Bernie's script writers seems to be taken from Matthew 20:16 'The Last shall be First'. :biggrin:

Times
01 A. Sutil Force India F1 1:23.924 28 laps
02 R. Grosjean Renault 1:24.163 31 laps
03 F. Alonso Renault 1:24.297 35 laps
04 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:24.482 41 laps
05 R. Kubica BMW 1:24.622 40 laps
06 T. Glock Toyota 1:24.634 36 laps
07 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:24.693 34 laps
08 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:24.796 39 laps
09 K. Nakajima Williams 1:24.799 36 laps
10 S. Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:24.884 44 laps
11 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:24.902 32 laps
12 V. Liuzzi Force India F1 1:24.921 39 laps
13 J. Trulli Toyota 1:24.967 40 laps
14 M. Webber Red Bull 1:24.979 25 laps
15 J. Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:25.003 34 laps
16 R. Barrichello Brawn GP 1:25.140 38 laps
17 N. Rosberg Williams 1:25.215 38 laps
18 S. Vettel Red Bull 1:25.386 27 laps
19 J. Button Brawn GP 1:25.424 32 laps
20 G. Fisichella Ferrari 1:25.543 36 laps

Lesseel, who's "fighting" for the WDC and WCC? Oh yeah, there they are; down there where the rookies and wankers used to be. Well, if the plan is to keep people talking, texting, arguing, drinking, laughing, slack-jawed and watching.......I guess the plan is working. :rolleyes:

Re: What Fred needs now....

Well, if Alfonso wants out this is the time and ship to jump off of. .....
Fred was already gone, but now there is no friggin' doubt.

But I was just thinking (and berating some other poor souls elsewhere) that Fred is looking like Schumi for talent and a win at all costs aggressiveness. But, Fred just looks sneaky and needs to get rid of those overgrown catepillars first. Then he needs to work on his body language, a haircut and facial expressions and somehow look more boyish, wholesome and believeable. Mikey did a good job of that; he was the poster boy for the "good guys can win with talent and hard work" fantasy. :wink:

Sheesh, I'm just trying to help; why doesn't that boy return my E-mails????? :confused:

Have a feeling its going to be another tough go today for the killer bees.

Not really, lets wait for the fuel weights to be posted.

Pole. Hamilton
2nd. Sutil
3rd. Raikkonen
4th. Kovalainen
5th. Barrichello
6th. Button
7th. Liuzzi
8th. Alonso
9th. Vettel
10th. Webber

Re: Q was pretty good actually

Not really, lets wait for the fuel weights to be posted.
Yeah, the advantage of the KERS cars on the start drove the strategy to go heavy on fuel. Rubens said he could have been on pole with less fuel and Jens was pretty happy with his pace too. They might be in better shape for this race than they've been in several races. :smile: The important thing is that the Bulls are hurting and worried. :biggrin:

And Force India; :eek: F'ing amazing.

Last edited:
The weights are out. Hambone running on fumes it seems.

1 L. Hamilton 653.5 kg
2 A. Sutil 655.0 kg
3 K. Räikkönen 662.0 kg
4 H. Kovalainen 683.0 kg
5 R. Barrichello 688.5 kg
6 J. Button 687.0 kg
7 V. Liuzzi 679.5 kg
8 F. Alonso 677.5 kg
9 S. Vettel 682.0 kg
10 M. Webber 683.0 kg
11 J. Trulli 703.0 kg
12 R. Grosjean 699.8 kg
13 R. Kubica 697.5 kg
14 G. Fisichella 690.0 kg
15 N. Heidfeld 697.5 kg
16 T. Glock 709.8 kg
17 K. Nakajima 706.2 kg
18 N. Rosberg 708.6 kg
19 S. Buemi 706.0 kg
20 J. Alguersuari 706.0 kg

The Killer Bees will go twice as far on the first fuel load than everyone ahead of them, with the exception of Kovalainen. They just have to get past Heiki and they should be in good positions.

Strategy Est.

1 L. Hamilton 15
2 A. Sutil 15
3 K. Räikkönen 18
4 H. Kovalainen 26
5 R. Barrichello 29
6 J. Button 28
7 V. Liuzzi 25
8 F. Alonso 24
9 S. Vettel 26
10 M. Webber 26
11 J. Trulli 34
12 R. Grosjean 33
13 R. Kubica 32
14 G. Fisichella 29
15 N. Heidfeld 32
16 T. Glock 37
17 K. Nakajima 36
18 N. Rosberg 37
19 S. Buemi 36
20 J. Alguersuari 36

My prediction:

1st place: K. Räikkönen 18 (a crowd pleaser ... Kimi, just be as cold as possible during the post-race press conference ... use single word answers)

2nd place: A. Sutil 15 (the car is fast ... not the driver)

3rd place: R. Barrichello 29 (a most deserved podum finish)

My prediction:

1st place: K. Räikkönen 18 (a crowd pleaser ... Kimi, just be as cold as possible during the post-race press conference ... use single word answers)

2nd place: A. Sutil 15 (the car is fast ... not the driver)

3rd place: R. Barrichello 29 (a most deserved podum finish)

You were saying..... :rolleyes: :wink:

Back