• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ESM 004 (BBS LM replica)

How close was the 3mm to the fender, would you call it a safe distance? Was his car lowered and on what coils?

Thanks for checking into this.

3mm spacers was pretty flush to the fenders, but the stretch of the 215 35 18 tires seemed to keep it safe. Jagtiger's car is lowered on eibach springs and bilsteins. The distance is safe compared and would not be considered "hella flush" Jagtiger will post pictures tonight.

Theo are you confident the 3mm will work with no issues? reason I want 3mm is because I want as much thread for the lug nuts as I can get.

Also, Were your 3mm spacers hubcentric or just universal ones? I have hubcentric rings that I want to use. Thanks

3mm will work as far as clearing the calipers, but by a hair (1-2mm). I would suggest using a 4-5mm and using a narrow 215 tire with a stretch. Spacers were HUBCENTRIC and with 3mm, there were no issues with lug thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation. I look forward to the pictures. Thanks again for doing the test fit.

3mm will work as far as clearing the calipers, but by a hair (1-2mm). I would suggest using a 4-5mm and using a narrow 215 tire with a stretch. Spacers were HUBCENTRIC and with 3mm, there were no issues with lug thread.

any issues hitting the fenders you think with the spacers?

Using 3mm spacers is minimum required to clear the calipers (at least on Jagtiger's '91) so that the wheel could turn. You take the risk of a 1-2mm clearance of having the wheel hit the calipers. A 4-5mm spacer up front would be ideal and less "stressful', but would push the wheel out a little more. Hence, getting narrow brand 215 tires would help to stretch out the tire reducing the risk of potentially rubbing against the fenders. In a worse case scenario, you can also shave down the calipers just to get a little more clearance, or purchase downforce fenders, but that's up to you. Take note that clearance is dependent on so many factors including suspension drop, tire width/brand, brake/rotor setup, offset, and the fact that the NSX's were all hand-built meaning that clearances could differ. I'm just giving you something to compare my test-fit to. There's no guarantee that what I mentioned will apply to everyone's NSX, but at least there's one car to compare it to that's a 1991.

Here are some photos that we took during the test fitting of the weels..
IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

All I can say is .. It's absolutely stunning!!!!

Last edited:
Pm me next week I'll get you in. :] I must say.. That thing looks sexy on a black NSX . Pretty excited now. Thanks jagtiger

Last edited:
3mm spacers, hubcentric, for fronts; no spacers for rear. Note: tread carefully because wheel fitment reflected is close to calipers. Adjust accordingly!

Who can make H center caps for these wheels. Do they come with blank caps?

I'm willing to bet they come with ESM centercaps like in the first post..

As soon as I get them, I plan to head to the Acura dealership to find an Acura set of centercaps that might fit. Otherwise I'll go to a sticker shop and have them mod the ESM centercaps with a silver circle to cover the ESM logo then have them cut an Acura "A" to put on that.

I'm going to go with the 3mm spacers, my car is pretty low and I want to get as much fender clearence as I possibly can. Also will be running falken 452 tires since they run more narrow. Tires brand will play a big role for the 91-96 owners.

I'm going to go with the 3mm spacers, my car is pretty low and I want to get as much fender clearence as I possibly can. Also will be running falken 452 tires since they run more narrow. Tires brand will play a big role for the 91-96 owners.

i'm gonna run a 3mm spacer for the front and 5mm spacer for the rear. hopefully they ship the wheels out soon!

I'm willing to bet they come with ESM centercaps like in the first post..

As soon as I get them, I plan to head to the Acura dealership to find an Acura set of centercaps that might fit. Otherwise I'll go to a sticker shop and have them mod the ESM centercaps with a silver circle to cover the ESM logo then have them cut an Acura "A" to put on that.

They do come with Esm caps. I got round vinyl stickers from stickercity.com. U can go directly to van nuys

I didn't notice if anything was posted regarding a test drive, but was the car taken out to check for rubbing during driving?

Yes, we took it for a brief test drive in the neighborhood and listened for any signs of rubbing--none whatsoever, although the drive wasn't as spirited due to the slight sprinkling of rain. Again, these results are reflective of only one car with a particular suspension/height. Results may vary. Great pics, btw, Randy!

Last edited:
Back