ESM 004 (BBS LM replica)

You are the man! Good explanation

Keep in mind there are two lists.

The one from the first post was the Overall group buy. This list was somewhat premature as there is a new concern about caliper clearances for the 1991-1996 cars. Some of those people wanted the fitment to be confirmed before they put their money forward (so there are some "Maybe"s on that list).

The second list you quoted is for those that are ABSOLUTELY YES and have no issue.. They are ready to buy NOW. (either because they have a 1997+ car, aftermarket brakes, or just don't care if it fits or not).

u should be fine with an 03. 97+ with oem calipers shouldnt need any sort of spacers.

I think we need to determine who is in the initial 10. I need to work with Victor and finalize this thing. I think people on the orignial list that are 97+ and dont care about fitment should have priority over those who were added themselves on the second list, but thats just me...

Yes,that's the right way to do it. Contact the initial buyers if they're in or out. If out, everyone moves up a spot.

I think we need to determine who is in the initial 10. I need to work with Victor and finalize this thing. I think people on the orignial list that are 97+ and dont care about fitment should have priority over those who were added themselves on the second list, but thats just me...

Just rework it and keep us posted on the final list.

This is a bit crazy. I will go through the 1st list and pm them if they wants it or not. Whoever doesn't want it then I will start adding people from the second list.. Only to be fair. In sorry this got out Of hand.

Thanks for doing all of this.

Just to clarify, I do not want to wait 2 months. But, I want to be on the "waiting list" in case any of the first 10 with 1991-1996 (or other fitment concerns) drop out... and I move up on that list. :)

--Conrad

paid :smile:

Tomorrow, Wednesday night, at about 9pm, I'll have my nsx friends, Jagtiger and Mike2LA to come and help me test fit the wheels/tires on their cars. Will try to post that evening, if not, next morning (gotta eat afterwards). Keep your fingers crossed that they fit. Will test-fit both front AND back wheels to make sure they work with the 91-96's. If you guys can wait, we'll find out once and for all!!!!

paid also

awesome theo I really appreciate your help. Cant wait to see the outcome.

Tomorrow, Wednesday night, at about 9pm, I'll have my nsx friends, Jagtiger and Mike2LA to come and help me test fit the wheels/tires on their cars. Will try to post that evening, if not, next morning (gotta eat afterwards). Keep your fingers crossed that they fit. Will test-fit both front AND back wheels to make sure they work with the 91-96's. If you guys can wait, we'll find out once and for all!!!!

For those who didn't make the initial list, there will be another opportunity to get a set at the same price as long as payment is received by next week. ESM will be getting another shipment in 2 months.

I'll post payment information next week once we've confirmed the order from the first batch have been fulfilled.

whats the best tire to run with these the same ones theo1 ran?

whats the best tire to run with these the same ones theo1 ran?

I'm running Falken 452's all around: 215-35-18, 265-30-19. These seem to run narrow especially for the fronts due to the stretch which reveals a little bit of the edge of lip. Did this because I wasn't sure if 225's would rub. I have no rubbing with the fronts, but 225's would probably be a nicer looking fit. 265's for the rears have a slight stretch, but it seems appropriate for a 9.5inch wheel. Probably can do a 275 since, again, these 452's run fairly narrow. I understand the Kumho version of the same size are more blocked. But it's your call.....I think Hapa88 would have some good input on this. Also, there seems to be more clearance if your car is dropped lower due to the camber. I'm on Tein coilovers at NOT the most aggressive drop, and I have no issues whatsoever in regards to rubbing. Make sure you choose wisely.

Last edited:
Back