Debating between c6 z06 and NSX part 2

Are we even in the zip code of this thread anymore. I don't think so - it's turning into a hp contest and extolling the virtues of super power! What the heck.

Interesting though - I find all this hp junk to be mildly interesting - but face it - you can't do enough SC or TC to make them as fast as the big blocks - not happnin! So let's say the NSX is not similarly powered as the big blocks.

It's still about sports car driving rather than straight line acceleration here with the NSX - isn't it???

Yesterday I stopped at a store and noticed a yellow corvette off in the corner of the parking lot. When I came back out of the store and went to leave the guy drove over and pulled up next to me. We chatted about my car for a few minutes. It was an older guy and he had his wife with him. It sounded like the main reason he got that car (C5 I believe) was that it reminded him a lot of the muscle cars he was used to from back in the day. He was commenting on how my car was "a good cruiser" instead of being crazy powerful when I suggested that he might find it boring compared to his. The most amusing part was when he asked if I had air conditioning. I responded "hell yeah I wouldn't be driving it today if I didn't!" since it was 90 degrees or so yesterday.

I imagine he doesn't do that every time he sees another corvette in a parking lot. :biggrin:

It is funny how people say that they've really liked the NSX for years and years but then when the time comes they buy something else. :wink:

Well I don't know how much more unique you think we can get cause they ain't building them anymore - so we've reached maximum saturation - right. There is no more unique unless folks start wrecking them and then we'll all be just that little bit more unique.

But someone owns every NSX made right now - some at the dealers but think about it - the plant is silent dudes. Sad ain't it - kind of makes you feel lonely in a way - kind of disinherited - something like that!

So we're already a rare breed guys. Just a limited amount of us trading the same cars around to others that haven't experienced the NSX yet. Glad I'm one of the guys that is experiencing one now - or when I get mine back this weekend - for the first time since my 800 mile treck from Houston to Nashville 3 weeks ago - can you imagine that - I have a car, I know I do, just haven't seen it in almost a month - damn - but then it won't feel like the same car when I get it.

To the rare !!!

Last edited:
I was surprised at how much the ZO6 depreciated in price. That being said, I would get whatever is the most fun for your driving style. Both cars have advantages and disadvantages. If neither of those are fast enough, you can always get an FA-18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6muw6pqzk_c

Yeah the ZR1 should lose value just as fast after a year or two. Really starting to like the looks of it ( except the hood ).

Yeah the ZR1 should lose value just as fast after a year or two. Really starting to like the looks of it ( except the hood ).

I love the looks. I don't think you are going to see a huge drop because it is a very production volume. We'll see. I hope so because I would love to buy one!

I love the looks. I don't think you are going to see a huge drop because it is a very production volume. We'll see. I hope so because I would love to buy one!

Oh is it a limited production run?? I thought they were building as many as they could sell.

Oh is it a limited production run?? I thought they were building as many as they could sell.

2000 worldwide.

About 1/5 of the NSX produced and roughly double the HP/weight ratio.

More reasons why the NSX is old news and over-hyped.

Yes. TQ and HP is tantamount to penis size.

Go figure.........

2000 worldwide.

About 1/5 of the NSX produced and roughly double the HP/weight ratio.

More reasons why the NSX is old news and over-hyped.

Yes. TQ and HP is tantamount to penis size.

Go figure.........

Funny thing is that most of us on prime, Appreciate the Corvette Zo6/Zr1 capabilities, must of us AGREE it's an amazing MONSTER car that lacks some "class", that's it, pretty much ALL of us here agree is great car, yet, trashing out the NSX is unnecessary, specially coming from an NSX owner, guess what, my "PENIS" is big enough, so that is what matters --TO ME--lol ... I can give a s**t the Z06 will walk on me, actually, listening the ROAR of that V8 makes me giggle ... i will LOVE the Z06 forever I am sure, and IDOLIZE my NSX because the NSX it is an AMAZING car ...

Seriously, wtf, Batman, what are you trying to accomplish here man? get rid of your damn NSX and move on, let go, leave us the ones that appreciate both cars (and maybe own both some day) in peace ... and someone CLOSE THIS Thread please ...

Oscar

Last edited:
Guys, I have to agree with Oscar a bit here but want to add this. The OP or whoever it is that started this rather "stupid" thread in the first place is playing some kind of game out there. If he can't make up his own mind by now - let's face it - he may just be fiddling around and with no intention of buying anything.

But what he has done has been to get us Prime members and NSX owners all in a tissy over this rediculous debate over the virtues of 2 TOTALLY disimilar cars. What could be any more different tp the NSX than a Vette - I mean give me a break guys.

Anyone that owns an NSX no matter what model knows he's got an amazing machine that has Honda reliability and plenty of power - those that say different may need to buy a Vette and go on to the Vette club!

For one I don't see how anyone that owns an NSX can be so confused about why they have it. Sure it's an old car - hell, mine is 18 years old - it's not new but it's a piece of history I am glad to be a "steward" of. These cars aren't for everyone - the later models with Power Steering and the last "look" are almost still new. They probably feel really different than my 18 year old car - but my 18 year old car is unbelievably amazing to me. I just got out of a 993 coupe 96 model about 2 1/2 years ago and that car was fast - modern day fast and it handled great - but the NSX is faster and handles better and that's a 91 talking to a 96. The Vette is a muscle car - plain and simple big rumpty rump - everyone of em ever reviewed with the exception of this new 680 hp super model - has had handling issues and tail is happy to move around on you - ummmm- isn't that why we all bought the NSX???

The NSX apart from being a great machine that is very powerful and handles like a racer, is an "ART" form, it's poety in motion, it really has no equal in it's own niche - the closest thing I've seen to it in todays world is the new Evora Lotus and it's really more like a sports GT which is what the 911 is. It has taken the rest of the world huge displacement to whip up on us NSXers - no normally aspirated car is as fine even today unless you spend 300k. Just think on that.

I drove my car a lot yesterday - got on a ramp and let it go - red lined it in second, shifted to 3rd and planted it again and the car lept forward - I mean what is it you hp crazed young guns are after anyway - this car, even my 18 year old NSX, is a bomb dudes. It is modern day fast and it looks awesome and nobody has one but a very few. If there isn't something all you owners are pleased with about this machine then why in the hell do you continue to own one???? I feel like I'm very lucky to have it. I think we all need to start standing together and quit letting STUPID threads like the one this idget wrote to us asking about the Z06 vs NSX. If he can't figure it out - like I said - he's hopeless - let's don't let him mess up our good thing or how we feel about our cars!

Let that guy just go on - either he'll join the group or he'll buy a Vette - I really don't care which but for us here - this band of NSX owners - we need to show support for one another and the NSX marque - remember that! Remember where you are! Be happy you have one of the greatest cars ever conceived of and built by anyone at any time!!!!!

Tim

The Vette is a muscle car - plain and simple big rumpty rump - everyone of em ever reviewed with the exception of this new 680 hp super model - has had handling issues and tail is happy to move around on you - ummmm- isn't that why we all bought the NSX???

Tim

Have you driven a C6? I have never had a problem with it's handling neither do car magazines. It is faster than 99% of cars out there on a racetrack and that is not even a Z06. See Car and Driver's Lightning Laps.

Last edited:
NotThisShitAgain.jpg

...... must of us AGREE it's an amazing MONSTER car that lacks some "class", that's it, ......Seriously, wtf, Batman, what are you trying to accomplish here man? get rid of your damn NSX and move on, let go, leave us the ones that appreciate both cars (and maybe own both some day) in peace ........

Oscar

Define class with regards to the Z06 and NSX.

Both cars costs about the same new. So it can't really be a socio-economic thing.

This is not a comparison of a *name-that-italian-rear-mid-engine-car* vs. a Z06.

It almost sounds like a car with too much HP/TQ that is made in America must lack class.

Yes, I will be selling the NSX and "upgrading" to something that will win street respect and races when the economy turns around (we all know that this ain't a sellers market).

When it comes to engines (NA to NA or mod for mod) - size matters. So the Z06 is the Peter North

Peter_North_Handclasp.jpg

NSXs are pretty low-tech compared to the Z06...........

Last edited:
Funny thing is that most of us on prime, Appreciate the Corvette Zo6/Zr1 capabilities, must of us AGREE it's an amazing MONSTER car that lacks some "class", that's it, pretty much ALL of us here agree is great car, yet, trashing out the NSX is unnecessary, specially coming from an NSX owner, guess what, my "PENIS" is big enough, so that is what matters --TO ME--lol ... I can give a s**t the Z06 will walk on me, actually, listening the ROAR of that V8 makes me giggle ... i will LOVE the Z06 forever I am sure, and IDOLIZE my NSX because the NSX it is an AMAZING car ...

Seriously, wtf, Batman, what are you trying to accomplish here man? get rid of your damn NSX and move on, let go, leave us the ones that appreciate both cars (and maybe own both some day) in peace ... and someone CLOSE THIS Thread please ...

Oscar

I think it is funny that you are mad about trashing the NSX, but right in the same sentence you call the vette a car that lack class.

Both are great cars period.

I think it is funny that you are mad about trashing the NSX, but right in the same sentence you call the vette a car that lack class.

Both are great cars period.

Both great cars yes, NSX = Not enough "power", Vette not enough "class" ... BUT i did used "quotes" because that is subjective ....

Agree, as I do ALL the time, C6's Z06's are great cars, ZR1's are above of been just "great"

Oscar

Future conversation?

Question: Nice car, what made you decide on the ________ ?

Answer: I just started a thread on the internet and this is the car everyone liked, so I bought one :biggrin:

Future conversation?

Question: Nice car, what made you decide on the ________ ?

Answer: I just started a thread on the internet and this is the car everyone liked, so I bought one :biggrin:

Isn't word of mouth the best form of advertising? I know you are just being silly, but if everyone told you how good a car was, don't you think it would be on the short list of cars you might want to drive?

Both great cars yes, NSX = Not enough "power", Vette not enough "class" ... BUT i did used "quotes" because that is subjective ....

Agree, as I do ALL the time, C6's Z06's are great cars, ZR1's are above of been just "great"

Oscar

Dunno if enough or not enough power can be subjective for a sports car.

So how would u define "class?"

Or are u one of those "ricers" that like to use "class" "push-rods" "mullets" etc. and demeaning talk?

Back