C6 Corvette review of the interior and steering - Car and Driver

AMGsRock said:
I have a buddy and he pulls me fairly well

gayalarm.gif

AMGsRock said:
Yes, it does, except in acceleration. My 55 when stock pulled C6's decisively and now with the flash, pulley and headers, it rips away from Corvettes. :)

Why mod a brand new car? Why are you looking at sportscars when clearly all you want is a Musclecar?

TTony said:
No one here is really sure of wtf was going on with that Comptech NSX? :confused: It's like the video from Top Gear where the 3.2L NSX out ran the C6 in the drag race. It "shouldn't" have done that but it did. :cool:

The CTSC's performance in that test is not nearly what several other members have documented at the racetrack. Most members are getting low 12's with the CTSC but that might not enough to satisfy you either. You can IC it and drop into the 11's. Why you would want a car any faster than that... well, you must be one hell of a driver on a track.

I would hope before you buy either an NSX or Z06 that you drive both and make your decision after that. Specs don't mean a thing when it comes down to how much YOU like the car. Remember these descriptions when comparing an NSX to a Corvette. They both accomplish the same things, the NSX is like a sharp knife and the Corvette is like a chainsaw.

He's not interested in an NSX never was.

Hugh said:
Why not? Modding is all about individuality and cars are all about expressing personal freedoms.

Brand new car should have everything you need and want to start. The modded as the newness wears off. People who buy cars and mod them right away almost always get rid of them. AMGSrock is case in point.

Hugh said:
Why not? Modding is all about individuality and cars are all about expressing personal freedoms.

We finally agree on something. I think modding a car is a great way to personalize and many times improves a car so it does not look and perform like every other one coming off the showroom.

I have modified every car and truck I have owned and will continue to do so. I feel you can always improve on the factory effort.

WingZ said:
He's not interested in an NSX never was.

I was very interested in the NSX ever since in originally came out in 1990. As a teenager I dreamt of having one and now I can afford to buy them. After my research, I have determined that the NSX might not have sufficient power potential to satisfy my needs.

WingZ said:
Brand new car should have everything you need and want to start. The modded as the newness wears off. People who buy cars and mod them right away almost always get rid of them. AMGSrock is case in point.

Actually, there might be some truth in what you just said. :confused:

AMGsRock said:
I am looking for both qualities in the same car.

But your just street racing. Stay in the tank so you don't get all f^&cked up when you crash

WingZ said:
But your just street racing. Stay in the tank so you don't get all f^&cked up when you crash

Not completely true. I do attend a couple HPDEs a year.

Also, I doubt I am in the minority to have indulged in a street race on a occassion.

AMGsRock said:
I was very interested in the NSX ever since in originally came out in 1990. As a teenager I dreamt of having one and now I can afford to buy them. After my research, I have determined that the NSX might not have sufficient power potential to satisfy my needs.

Yeah right. NSX's were never about power you would have lost that childhood dream long ago. So tell that to people who aren't paying attention to what your writing!

AMGsRock said:

If you can afford an AMG CL55 then my advice to you is simple. Buy an earlier NSX. I bought a 93 for several reasons. First of all by 93 all of the major bugs were worked out of the car, I prefer the pop up headlights, I love the black canopy on the red body. Anyway, you can pick one up for about $30K.

Now the fun starts. Forget about just bolting on a supercharger or turbo kit. That's lame and will be the source of endless problems eventually leading to a blown motor. Find yourself someone who knows how to build motors and get yourself the right Toda parts and you'll have a 450HP normally aspirated beast. With the right suspension mods, you'll have one of the best handling cars on the planet.

This car will not be a streetlight drag racer. Drag racing is for fags anyway, why do you think it's named after transvestites? You will have an incredible and intoxicating balance of power, handling and reliability. A veritable 4 wheeled narcotic!

WingZ said:
Yeah right. NSX's were never about power you would have lost that childhood dream long ago. So tell that to people who aren't paying attention to what your writing!

Well then you need to start paying more attention WingZ.

AMGsRock said:
Not completely true. I do attend a couple HPDEs a year.

Also, I doubt I am in the minority to have indulged in a street race on a occassion.

Street racers almost always get f$%cked up or tickets. Keep doing it. Everybody thinks their the exception.

AMGsRock said:
Well then you need to start paying more attention WingZ.

I was and your writing betrays you.

Hugh said:
If you can afford an AMG CL55 then my advice to you is simple. Buy an earlier NSX. I bought a 93 for several reasons. First of all by 93 all of the major bugs were worked out of the car, I prefer the pop up headlights, I love the black canopy on the red body. Anyway, you can pick one up for about $30K.

Now the fun starts. Forget about just bolting on a supercharger or turbo kit. That's lame and will be the source of endless problems eventually leading to a blown motor. Find yourself someone who knows how to build motors and get yourself the right Toda parts and you'll have a 450HP normally aspirated beast. With the right suspension mods, you'll have one of the best handling cars on the planet.

This car will not be a streetlight drag racer. Drag racing is for fags anyway, why do you think it's named after transvestites? You will have an incredible and intoxicating balance of power, handling and reliability. A veritable 4 wheeled narcotic!

Hugh,

The things you are saying are starting to make sense to me. I have seriously considered the NSX, but kept running into the horsepower dilemma. I am definitely a horsepower junkie, but also can appreciate finesse. I also figured if the NSX was not a fit for me, I should not lose much money on an used car as long as I bought it right.

I have wandereed around a Honda/Acura performance shop here in Huntington Beach and they have some very nicely modded NSX. I might discuss my quandry with those guys some day soon.

Thanks.

AMGsRock said:
Hugh,

The things you are saying are starting to make sense to me.

Thanks.

You're welcome.
You've seen what a 290HP NSX can do to other cars on the track. Yes Gan San was driving the thing but nevertheless The Motegi Battle video made a few friends of mine who own Ferraris and Porsches sick to their stomachs and the Lambo guys uttered a few "Holy Shits". Just imagine what a properly modded and amply powered NSX is capable of. The NSX, while underpowered by today's standards is still without a doubt the best handling car ever to grace the universe. Any car can go fast in a straight line. For God's sake Helen Keller could beat anyone here in a drag race if she was in the right car but its all about lateral Gs baby. :)

WingZ said:
Street racers almost always get f$%cked up or tickets. Keep doing it. Everybody thinks their the exception.

First of all, I am not a "street racer". However, I admit to have raced on the street on occassion. This is the reason why I go to the HPDE and quarter mile racing events to get it out of my system legally if possible.

Are you saying you have never raced your cars on the street, EVER? If so, wrong or right, you are clearly in the minority.

AMGsRock said:
First of all, I am not a "street racer". However, I admit to have raced on the street on occassion. This is the reason why I go to the HPDE and quarter mile racing events to get it out of my system legally if possible.

Are you saying you have never raced your cars on the street, EVER? If so, wrong or right, you are clearly in the minority.

Nope didn't say that. Yes you are a street racer ,because all that you've talked about is street racing. At the track C6's 360's and even the "dreaded" NSX would lap you. If you've been to all these HPDE's then you know that the cars that are fastest in the corners are the faster cars. That's driving school 101. Your previous posts have been about your walking NSX's or 360's which you quote said " you love to do". You weren't doing this at HPDE's. You were doing this on the on street. Hence you are a street racer. Again what you've written betrays you ( the real you ). To say the things you currently wish me to believe you would've started with a different tone.

But that's okay lie to me and tell me something anyway.

WingZ said:
Nope didn't say that. Yes you are a street racer ,because all that you've talked about is street racing. At the track C6's 360's and even the "dreaded" NSX would lap you. If you've been to all these HPDE's then you know that the cars that are fastest in the corners are the faster cars. That's driving school 101. Your previous posts have been about your walking NSX's or 360's which you quote said " you love to do". You weren't doing this at HPDE's. You were doing this on the on street. Hence you are a street racer. Again what you've written betrays you ( the real you ). To say the things you currently wish me to believe you would've started with a different tone.

But that's okay lie to me and tell me something anyway.

Actually, yes my car has passed 360s and NSXs on the street (obviously) and at HPDE events. My muscle car is generating almost 600 hp and in excess of 620 lb ft of torque, so these cars don't have a chance on the straightaways. Yes, these cars can corner better than my 55, but the AMG actually corners fairly well considering the lighter wider wheels, MPS2, light weight rotors and HP pads I have installed. I have reduced almost 80 pounds in unspring weight which is substantial and has improved acceleration and handling.

At HPDEs I am able to pass these cars on the straights (especially at faster tracks with longer straights or bankings) when signaled, but need to slow down more in the corners, but they are not allowed to pass in the corners and once the straights (only designated passing zones) come up, I am gone again into the horizon. Of course as a courtesy, I let them pass me as well on the straights, so I don't hold them up in the corners. BTW, I don't remember getting lapped during these short 20 minute sessions. If these were race events with passing allowed anywhere, then the outcome would be different, but they are not.

I know my car is not a track car by any means, but it is formidable nonetheless considering its a 4100 pound luxurious muscle car, especially on the straight sections.

BTW, the reason for the Z06 or whatever is to have a dedicated track car versus using the sedan. BTW, I have learned driving school 101 many years ago in my previous E36 M3, so I am not a rookie to HPDE events. (Said with a straight face)

Last edited:
Hugh has a point.

You could build a hell of a track NSX with $70,000 (Z06 price) if you start with the most rigid, lightest model they have ever made (91-93 coupes)

Give FactorX a call :D

Back