Anyone know this 2002 Imola - JH4NA21622T000082

If you keep the originals it shouldn't affect value.
I disagree with this as I suspect it will never go back entirely the way it was from the factory. I know that I would consider it a value loss personally if someone had made that dramatic of a change to a car I was interested in.

Yeah I know I'd still have that orange panel below the console plus on the lower doors but I kind of like that ( carries the outside color into the interior).
I've photoshopped another pic of the car as-is and with the carpet changed.
Comments welcomed.
ps - I also corrected the color balance since I believe the pictures the dealer posted are not realistic

DSC_0761.jpg AdjdDSC_0761.jpg

Yeah I know I'd still have that orange panel below the console plus on the lower doors but I kind of like that ( carries the outside color into the interior).
Comments welcomed.
ps - I also corrected the color balance since I believe the pictures the dealer posted are not realistic

View attachment 97363 View attachment 97364

Is it possible remove the orange centre console and trim pieces too in the photoshop ?!

Comments welcomed.

View attachment 97363 View attachment 97364

Not bad. If you do indeed get this NSX, get the dark mats first and see if you can live with it. It may not bother you once you have the car. Carpet is around $600-$700 IIRC.

looks really good imo.

i would do what synth suggested; start off small via the mats first + get the centre console refinished and side trim refinished to an oem color. more then likely there is/will be damage to the trim pieces once the hideous aftermarket 'stickers' are removed.

Not a real good job on removing the orange trim pieces but you can get some idea from this pic.

View attachment 97365

looks really good imo.

i would do what synth suggested; start off small via the mats first + get the centre console refinished and side trim refinished to an oem color. more then likely there is/will be damage to the trim pieces once the hideous aftermarket 'stickers' are removed.

I would think twice about dying the console side trim. Not saying not to do it, but might impact resale value. I personally try to stay away from irreversible changes. Here is my interior for reference:

5346390047_6ef4c0be64_b.jpg

4765999851_bc01ee6376_o.jpg

From a personal perspective, I know that my view on things changed a bit once I owned the car and spent time driving it. Things that looked weird in photos flowed better in real life. Prior to purchase, I had all sorts of photoshop mockups and ideas, but now that I own it I am reluctant to change some things. I made the decision to keep the car for 2 years before doing anything to it, and so far I haven't regretted that in the least. With NSXPO and other car meets, I like to see changes first hand before tearing it up on my own (and dropping the cash).

Bottom line is that the interior looks different from butt-view than from a photograph. Just something to consider.

i wouldn't dye any of the leather at all; as it wouldn't be oem quality anymore; not to mention the unnecessary headache and work involved for what looks like a very mint car with all things considered.

when i meant refinishing the centre console+ side trims i meant removing those tacky orange aftermarket stickers (which will likely result in damage); and then refinishing those 3 plastic pieces back to oem like what kelvin did. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...hed-by-Science-of-Speed-(lots-of-pics-within)

i would take synths suggestions seriously; as he seems to really know what he's doing and has gone down the same path with his imola nsx.

the car is too new, mint and nice to start ripping apart, esp for things that aren't broken. IMHO.

I would think twice about dying the console side trim. Not saying not to do it, but might impact resale value. I personally try to stay away from irreversible changes. Here is my interior for reference:

Last edited:
Thanks all -
Time to do the dance with the dealer and see what happens.
If I get it ( IF !! ) I will take your advice and start with only removing the stick-on trim, then take it slow.
In the meantime, if anyone in the Illinois area does know anything about the car please let me know.

Not to go off topic, I apologize in advance. I have to know...Where did you buy the Recaro seats and what model is it? I love it!!!!!

Last edited:
David will sell my ex-Imola Orange/Onyx for offers above $100k U.S.....LOL. I suppose the Taiwan and HK markets dictate such...

well if they are spending that type of coin I would part with my 05 under 10k miles for the same and no import tax :biggrin:

well if they are spending that type of coin I would part with my 05 under 10k miles for the same and no import tax :biggrin:

Thing to note is that its still for sale so no one's spending that kind of coin IMO.

Arista - hold your car as its 1 of 8...I kick myself daily for selling my Onyx Imola.

I'm still talking to the dealer.
The car has some issues ( as I noticed and has been pointed out here) - wood trim to be removed, front airdam to be replaced, TB etc not replaced.
My biggest hurdle is the fact that the dealer don't seem to know these cars so I'm skepical about what he's saying ( for instance he said the car is in original condition).
Makes me wonder what else is being missed.
Still hoping another NSX'r has some info on this one.

Just pull the trigger already, your buying used so it won't be perfect but at the end of the day it's an NSX

for 50-60k on a 10 year old car id say he has the right to be picky as hell.

Just pull the trigger already, your buying used so it won't be perfect but at the end of the day it's an NSX

- - - Updated - - -

im going to assume david is in his 40s/50s. the children of this new generation of china money in their 20s won't be interested the nsx; and definitely not for over 100k imho.

David will sell my ex-Imola Orange/Onyx for offers above $100k U.S.....LOL. I suppose the Taiwan and HK markets dictate such...

my $.02 on black vs orange interior. At first, I only wanted the black interior because I remembered the orange to be very bright and thought the black was classier. Well, as a proud owner of an imola with orange interior, I must say I'm very happy with my choice. To me, the lighter color interiors make the car feel bigger. When my wife and I had two sebring silvers. I much preferred to drive in the ivory interior car than the black one. I however, do have black lyods mats covering the orange ones.

I was not a fan of the orange interior but after looking at the pictures it looks really nice. I think it would grow on me in time. It's certainly different. Just my .02 cents (as others have said) I would not change a thing in the car that could not be reversed. These cars are rare and to have one totally stock in invaluable. Good luck.

I like the orange interior better than black, which you see on every other car. How many cars have color matched orange interiors from the factory?

the nsx color matched interiors looks amazing!! the only thing id ever change would be the black mats but thats just a wear and tear/dirt issue.

That's exactkly what I'm doing in my silverstone interior. Mats.

I tend to agree that although the black is nice the orange is just as nice and adds some uniqueness to the Imola.

If I'm back in an Imola I wouldn't care...

Back