Low Engine Power before 4k RPM

I am fairly confident that its the fuel pump. I am trying to get the gas as low as possible to make it easier to drop the tank. Is there no low fuel warning light on the 1991 model year?

View attachment 194652
For the future reference of others if you get the gauge to this level the tank is manageable to remove without being a body builder. With a floor jack I was able to get it out and back in on my own. I didn't spill a drop! This project did inspire me to buy a fire extinguisher for the garage though. Just in case. The fire extinguisher did set off alarms with my wife though regarding my garage activities. Another tip. If you are using quick jacks make sure you have them spread as far apart as possible. The tank is very wide. With the rubber block that contacts the jack point in the middle of the quick jack it was too tight.

yeah, reading your post over and over again, it does click to me it could be the fuel pump because it was better the first drive after the bypass and then it "deteriorate" after more drives. I changed my fuel pump before to walbro 255 but that was 8 years ago. probably faulty by now. Would you guys suggest the walbro 255 or going back to oem?

Back