Anyone get their I phone yet?

I saw an interview with Teh Steve recently where he gave some numbers regarding battery life with Edge versus 3G. It was pretty dramatic and clearly the reason why we don't have 3G yet.

Who's "we"? I have 3G coverage all over the place here in MA, both UMTS (3G) and HSDPA (3.5G) and use it every day with my 8525 (which is running modded WM6 and actually shows me the U or H or E icon depending on which service I'm using)

Who's "we"? I have 3G coverage all over the place here in MA, both UMTS (3G) and HSDPA (3.5G) and use it every day with my 8525 (which is running modded WM6 and actually shows me the U or H or E icon depending on which service I'm using)

he's talking about having 3G on the iPhone ;) it only has EDGE for now...

he's talking about having 3G on the iPhone ;) it only has EDGE for now...

Ah, I interpreted it to mean the US, not as in "us iPhone owners". I'm aware it's only EDGE which I still think is ridiculous. Give owners the option if they want to chew up their batteries. I can turn my 3G coverage on and off at will, but my phone is always on a charger at work and home so I rarely ever have less than a full battery. Even after hours of it not being on a charger and polling my email server every 5 minutes, I still have a full battery.

so how much iphone with 8gb and no sim? the best price?:cool:

$349 for a refurbished 8GB iphone..... check the apple store.....

google: refurbished 8gb iphone ;)

yes but how to shipp it to Lithuania Europe i think its only for US PEOPLE:frown:

bro u can have it shipped anywhere in teh world... its just a question of having a GSM Cell phone network in your area once you unlock it.. there are plenty of people using these outside the states man.

steve_koolaid2.jpg

My favorite IPOD review (NSFW - language): http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

My favorite MAC user stereotype (NSFW - language): http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

;)

You don't know what you're missing out on.

Yes I do. I know all I ever want to know about macs... I'm a computer engineer and know exactly how they work and their benefits. They're great for designers or producers but I'm neither.

OSX runs FreeBSD in the background which I can appreciate... but its the graphical interface that bugs the hell out of me. If all the buttons weren't 3" across I might own one... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I would like to own a computer that when something goes wrong a box pops up with choices like "cancel" "ok" and then the choice I need "NOT OK". then I click the "not ok" button and the computer fixes the problem all by itself, WITHOUT sending me to some mocrosoft site where I have to dig through a bunch of crap that I know nothing about to fix a problem I didn't want and don't even know what it is I am fixing.

so i have second question. finaly i bought one from apple BUT THE MAIN THING HOW TO MAKE IT FREE FROM T-MOBILE? ANY PROGRAMS ON THE INTERNET?

so i have second question. finaly i bought one from apple BUT THE MAIN THING HOW TO MAKE IT FREE FROM T-MOBILE? ANY PROGRAMS ON THE INTERNET?

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6637

I used a bit of a hybrid of this method...

Instead of using their unlock tool I used anySIM which unlocks it all for you once you have it jailbroken... the whole process took about an hour... its a bit of a learning curve. Even for me ;)

Read above... follow the link and follow the steps WORD for WORD... use at your own risk

Yes I do. I know all I ever want to know about macs... I'm a computer engineer and know exactly how they work and their benefits. They're great for designers or producers but I'm neither.

Actually, they can be great for anyone not wanting to deal with the hassles of spyware/malware/popups/viruscheckers/keyloggers and associated crap issues under Windows. I'm an engineer too, and much prefer having full access to a unix based system with all the common tools rather than using the MS variants that work in non-standard fashion.

but its the graphical interface that bugs the hell out of me. If all the buttons weren't 3" across I might own one... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Not sure what you mean by this. What big buttons? Any difference in UI takes some getting used to. The question is whether the underlying OS and tools make your life easier or harder.

well so far so good...

the thing that is kind of hard to get used to is no ring profiles... so u cant set it to "meeting", "quiet" or "loud" like most phones let you do... but I guess thats what the ringer on/off switch is for.

Also its kind of lame that you cant turn the phone sideways for all applications... it only works for the browser and photos etc...

But since i hacked it, i think its really unleashed the phones true potential. New apps, themes and games are released every day which is nice. I cant put it down! (is that a good thing?)

Back