Anyone get their I phone yet?

I've been following this today and it appears that the unlocked phones will no longer function on another network (invalid SIM message), and that at least some of the unlockers no longer work. However nobody has reported a bricked phone that I've read. If you did mods like wallpaper and ringtones, those will all be blown away and you'll have to reload them. You may need to do a full phone restore via iTunes before you can apply 1.1.1.

Yup I'm waiting a few weeks until the hacks are confirmed or updated.. :biggrin:

The "new features" aren't all that great or needed...... except the improved volume on the speakers....!

where to buy iphone 8gb for a 399$ maximum or 299$ for 4gb??because apple closed their sales on refurbished and ebay its to expensive:confused:

As has been explained, you buy these directly from the cell phone company for those prices, but you have to commit to a 2 year contract. You can't just order one for those prices without getting phone service as well.

well I got mine without a contract... but the refurbs are no longer available... it looks like Apple has sold out of those. :tongue:

But since Tamoske is in Europe then he'll have to get someone to buy it for you if he gets it from the apple store.

yes i will try to buy them in apple store for 399 8gb. but are they closed to sell 4gb?

4gb's are not available... geez bro what does it take to convince u to buy one!? :biggrin: :redface:

You better hurry before all the old versions are gone (v1.0.2)... The phones with the new firmware version 1.1.1 are not able to be hacked......... yet. You will be lucky to find one of the older versions.

Any further reviews. I am thinking of getting one.

As my boss said "If you're asking me if I think you should get one, I think you should...." :biggrin:

I played around with one yesterday, there is no doubt the UI is extremely slick. If only they made a PDA with that UI that was based on Windows and was open and extensible, I'd certainly get one. Instead I think I'll be picking up the ATT 8925 (HTC Hermes) shortly after it's release on 10/5.

I noticed last night that the filename/number scheme of my iPhone camera has been reset and starting again. That pisses me off, I use the filenames as part of my filing system. On the other hand, maybe they fixed the problem of random corrupted picture files. If so, I forgive them. :)

my arrived today so i will see how it will work unlocked and etc

Yaaaay! He got one! lol tell me what version of the firmware you have... to do this go to settings > general > about > and at the bottom you will see "Modem Firmware"... Mine is 03.14.08_G... lets hope its the same version! Let me know thx man! :)

I noticed last night that the filename/number scheme of my iPhone camera has been reset and starting again. That pisses me off, I use the filenames as part of my filing system. On the other hand, maybe they fixed the problem of random corrupted picture files. If so, I forgive them. :)

well if u updated the firmware of course its going to reset it... it wipes the entire phone when you do an update. :redface:

i dont understand on my pc goes recovering all night long i dont know hoe to unlock it i was doing everything in order like thet wrote

well if u updated the firmware of course its going to reset it... it wipes the entire phone when you do an update. :redface:
Bull. It didn't wipe my contacts or call history or 1400 iPod songs or calendar events or pictures that were stored on the phone or browser bookmarks. Given all that, why couldn't it remember the last picture filename and keep incrementing from there?

--Updated--

If you are using a pc, and like the AppTapp/PAYCAY/iBrickr - .pxl method this is the guide to use.

Files:
Download: http://sendspace.com/file/7phdz9
Download: http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.8.zip
Download: http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe
Download: http://www.linkhider.com/Txc5

First off, I am doing this as a "From Box to Unlock" method. If you've f'ed up your iphone using some other method, i may be able to help, but this is what i have done, now 14 times, without a single issue.
Rule #1 - READ ALL INSTRUCTION STEPS BEFORE DOING THEM.
Rule #2 - have fun with your unlocked iphone.

1) Open Box. take out iphone... it should turn on...Turn it off (red slide).

2) Check to make sure itunes is ver 7.4.1.2. If not download it.

3) Close itunes. make sure ituneshelper is terminated in processes under the task
manager.

4) Plug usb cable into PC. plug other end in iphone, and as soon as the gray apple appears, hold power button and home button down at same time. Keep holding the buttons down. your iphone will reset itself 2-3 times before you get a yellow triangle.

5) Open itunes. It will say it needs to restore your iphone. hit restore iphone in itunes. this should take about 5 minutes(depending on pc i guess)

6) Wait for everything to finish, and it is back on the activation screen.

7) Close itunes. open up AppTapp. Click continue. Select 1.0.2. Hit continue.
****this is very important... i have seen were AppTapp hangs...it will say that it is copying files, but never does, or it will go thru it very fast...3 seconds or so, and says it is done...IT IS NOT. The way you can tell it actually works is if your iphone restarts and goes to the yellow triangle screen, then back to the activation screen.***(Also... AppTapp will complete, but the status bar won't be all the way over to the right. This is fine, just a bit of bad coding.)--- FINISHED NOT WITH FULL STATUS BAR SO ITS CLOSED AND WROTE COMPLETED

8) Close AppTapp. Open PAYCAY, run the (CLICK HERE) activate.bat. it will start to copy files to your iphone. it will also activate your itunes.-NO ACTOVATION ON PC OR SCREEN???ALSO I WAS SITTING AND WATCHING ONE WORD COPYING FILSES TO IPHONE FOR AND HOUR SO I CLOSED. AFTER THT TRYED OE MORE TIME AND JUMPED SCREEN ON PC - RWSTORING SO LINES WENT FOR AND HOUR AND NOTHIN?????????WHAT A TRASH THAT UNLOCKING???????????????? Follow the instructions on the screen...when it tells you to restart your phone turn your phone off(red slide). Leave it off for about 15 seconds, turn it on. you should now see the springboard(not the Waiting for activation screen). ( I have had some questions about the Lockdown file being replaced... if you wacth the script run, you will see it do it for you.)

9) Open iBrickr. Click applications. Install the installer.pxl. follow these instructions on screen very carefully...you will have to completely restart your iphone twice during this process.

HOW TO UNLOCK IT??????????????

Last edited:
--Updated--

If you are using a pc, and like the AppTapp/PAYCAY/iBrickr - .pxl method this is the guide to use.

Files:
Download: http://sendspace.com/file/7phdz9
Download: http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.8.zip
Download: http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe
Download: http://www.linkhider.com/Txc5

First off, I am doing this as a "From Box to Unlock" method. If you've f'ed up your iphone using some other method, i may be able to help, but this is what i have done, now 14 times, without a single issue.
Rule #1 - READ ALL INSTRUCTION STEPS BEFORE DOING THEM.
Rule #2 - have fun with your unlocked iphone.

1) Open Box. take out iphone... it should turn on...Turn it off (red slide).

2) Check to make sure itunes is ver 7.4.1.2. If not download it.

3) Close itunes. make sure ituneshelper is terminated in processes under the task
manager.

4) Plug usb cable into PC. plug other end in iphone, and as soon as the gray apple appears, hold power button and home button down at same time. Keep holding the buttons down. your iphone will reset itself 2-3 times before you get a yellow triangle.

5) Open itunes. It will say it needs to restore your iphone. hit restore iphone in itunes. this should take about 5 minutes(depending on pc i guess)

6) Wait for everything to finish, and it is back on the activation screen.

7) Close itunes. open up AppTapp. Click continue. Select 1.0.2. Hit continue.
****this is very important... i have seen were AppTapp hangs...it will say that it is copying files, but never does, or it will go thru it very fast...3 seconds or so, and says it is done...IT IS NOT. The way you can tell it actually works is if your iphone restarts and goes to the yellow triangle screen, then back to the activation screen.***(Also... AppTapp will complete, but the status bar won't be all the way over to the right. This is fine, just a bit of bad coding.)--- FINISHED NOT WITH FULL STATUS BAR SO ITS CLOSED AND WROTE COMPLETED

8) Close AppTapp. Open PAYCAY, run the (CLICK HERE) activate.bat. it will start to copy files to your iphone. it will also activate your itunes.-NO ACTOVATION ON PC OR SCREEN???ALSO I WAS SITTING AND WATCHING ONE WORD COPYING FILSES TO IPHONE FOR AND HOUR SO I CLOSED. AFTER THT TRYED OE MORE TIME AND JUMPED SCREEN ON PC - RWSTORING SO LINES WENT FOR AND HOUR AND NOTHIN?????????WHAT A TRASH THAT UNLOCKING???????????????? Follow the instructions on the screen...when it tells you to restart your phone turn your phone off(red slide). Leave it off for about 15 seconds, turn it on. you should now see the springboard(not the Waiting for activation screen). ( I have had some questions about the Lockdown file being replaced... if you wacth the script run, you will see it do it for you.)

9) Open iBrickr. Click applications. Install the installer.pxl. follow these instructions on screen very carefully...you will have to completely restart your iphone twice during this process.

HOW TO UNLOCK IT??????????????

Before you even went and did that you have to be sure you have the older version of the firmware! As I said earlier:

"tell me what version of the firmware you have... to do this go to settings > general > about > and at the bottom you will see "Modem Firmware"... Mine is 03.14.08_G... lets hope its the same version!"

if this number is higher then you might not be able to unlock it until the hacks work with the new version... Please note you have to be somewhat technically inclined to do this ok? Please respond with what firmware version you have and we will go from there. *sigh*

ALSO You have to have a specific version of iTunes installed. iTunes v 7.4.1.2:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...7/Win/061-3885-20070907.sk2j7/iTunesSetup.exe

DOWNLOAD HERE ^^ Uninstall The iTunes you have running now and use this. Now tell me what firmware version u have! :)

OR

You can try this method:

http://video.gearlive.com/video/article/179-hack-iphone-ibrickr/

Follow the steps in the video... REMEMBER All these hacks are based on the older version of the software. If you updated your phone when you plugged it into iTunes the first time you're $h!t out of luck :(

Last edited:
Back