Acura NSX-T vs. Porsche 911 Turbo

Originally posted by Deqle:
Proof, not talk, juveniles shit. Many of my friends had P and other cars,too, you are not the only one, and they don't have your mouth. Now how do we go about betting on this. Now if you think your Lotus is great, why don't we meet in between, El centro, there is a lot of room out there for fun.

deqle is there any car that exceeds the NSX in any way? You are the one acting juvenile in being so closed minded. The NSX WAS a great car but now is a just a good car. If you heavily modify an NSX it will not be as reliable as you think it would. Alot more stress on the crank, block, not to mention the tranny.

And one more thing dont underestimate the Lotus. A 97 with the old style ECU and gearchange (very notchy) was a very very quick car. If I remember motor trend hit 0-60 in 4.4 with the 1/4 in the high twelves. Stock. By 99 they have upgraded the ecu with more torque available in the lower gears as well as improved shifting. The newer ones are comparable to my model the sport350 which when tested in the pouring rain with pirellis hit 60 in 4.6sec and 100 in 10sec flat. In dry weather you are talking sub 4 sec and real low 12s in 1/4 mile. I have never seen an NSX (never mind stock) ever achieve these numbers.

So my money is on the Esprit- especially allan whohas deleted cats and muffler--major improvement.

[This message has been edited by bill92nsx (edited 28 August 2002).]

And what do you mean you wouldn't pick a toyota mr2 with genIII motor in it over a McLaren? I would any second of the day because the mr2 rules[/B][/QUOTE]

that is too funny Bill!

My neighbor has a 98 Esprit tt and it is real fast, he did the same as allan and deleted the cats and mufflers, what a difference! Bill you have the sport 350? That is a awesome car, i didnt think they were legal here except for the track, keep me up to date on the race, i would think a bbsc nsx would beat an esprit but i guess you never know, the esprit has great torque!

Originally posted by ALLAN:
boostedpos, you are right, weight is not a good factor in a performance car. not unless it is over compensated for by power and a well tuned suspension...

In your opinion.

Of course, that explains why you bought an Esprit instead of a proper Lotus like an Elise/Exige. BTW: To help you avoid getting banned again, my handle on this board is "BoostedMR2".

...my only question to you is, if you were going to build a toyota, why not a supra? atleast you could of had a real car, not a childs toy....

For starters, it weighs 3445 pounds.

It would be the perfect car if I had been looking for a Japanese Corvette. However, I prefer the lightweight mid-engined configuration offered by the MR2 (the same design philosophy behind the NSX). In essence, I wanted a proper sports car, not a bloated (but fast) GT car.

...as for your" id rather have my mr2 than a 996 tt" comment, yes that was very funny. i was rolling around on the floor when i read that one. your best line yet....

Glad you enjoyed it.

... so ive taken it upon myself to set up a race. something we wont have to wait for 5 months to find out about. Next week, a guy i met will be getting his basch supercharged car back with all the new ecu upgrades. the car will be dynoed and we have decided to do some roll on racing against my lotus... place your bets now gentleman.

No need to risk your license and your Lotus, Allan. The results are already in. I did a series of roll on races with a Basch Boost NSX (BoneZ's car) on July 14th. Details here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005518.html

[Hmmmm... link to the thread doesn't seem to be working. Lud?]

Well, since the link is broken. I suppose it never happened.
wink.gif
But if it had actually occurred, do you suppose I might have won 3/3 times?

I would, however, be happy to take on your Lotus should you choose to bring it to Thunderhill on November 24th. It should be interesting to see how the NSX, MR2 and Lotus compare on the track.

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

www.boostedgroup.com

[This message has been edited by BoostedMR2 (edited 28 August 2002).]

well boosted, it it makes you feel better, ill just call you boosted. i wouldnt want to hurt your feelings. i would love to see those acceleration runs against the supercharged nsx though. this time for once,i will agree and say im sure you spanked it. ive read the reports on the new software, where it gained an additional 5.5 peak hp, and 2 ftpds of torque, and 10-15 hp throughout the rev range. it will need a hell of alot more than that to stay even remotely close to the lotus.

did i tell you my mr2 turbo, with hks exhaust,evc,fcd,air filter ran a 13.20@103 back in 1991. fast for way back when. it was a great kids car, and thats what i consider it, a great kids car to this day. nothing more and nothing less.

Originally posted by vegasnsx:
My neighbor has a 98 Esprit tt and it is real fast, he did the same as allan and deleted the cats and mufflers, what a difference! Bill you have the sport 350? That is a awesome car, i didnt think they were legal here except for the track, keep me up to date on the race, i would think a bbsc nsx would beat an esprit but i guess you never know, the esprit has great torque!

Yes vegasnsx i have one of the sport350. They made only 8 of them fpr the American market. Only 6 are left the other two I belive crashed while racing. It is a track setup car that can be driven on the road as well. Not too bad of a ride I might add, I thought it would be alot harsher. Anyway I have also put the race ECU direct from Lotus that boosts the power up to 450hp and will be putting badly needed intercoolers in there which will raise power to around 550hp, not bad from a 3.5l v8. And that is not touching the motor in any way whatsoever. Like you guys have said a drag race does not prove anything. Take these cars on a track and I truly believe the Lotus will win. Stock they come with APracing brake setup which costs about 6 grand and that is only for the front. I know because I had to replace them. So this car can handle more power as well as slow it down very efficiently and fadefree braking. It pulls a.98g on the skid pad but I believe the NSX has a higher slalom speed which I think is due to the lack of a limited slip differential which also I installed on mine. It will be a close race but I think the Lotus will win especially on a race track because that is Lotus's specialty-handling. Also I have taken both cars over 150mph and at those speeds the Lotus feels alot more stable.

Vegasnsx if you want to see some pics of the Lotus as well as some of my other babies including the NSX look here http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291743149

Originally posted by BoostedMR2:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005518.html

[Hmmmm... link to the thread doesn't seem to be working. Lud?]

If it was about a supercharged NSX, I probably moved the thread to the new Forced Induction forum. Check there.

degle, exact quotes from a supercharged nsx owner during a ride in my lotus.

upon first inspection:" wow, i never knew these cars were this nice"

under acceleration"OH MY GOD!"

has it occured to you that all this negative info your recieving comes from nsx owners who do own the nsx, or have owned it and traded it for another car? they were great cars, especially in 91 and 92. but once the twin turbo rx7 hit, and the supra, and the vr4tt, they greatly diminished the nsx's value. if the honda had steadily upgraded the nsx, it could of been great. the main words...."could of been". but it isnt, and unless honda does something drastic, it never will be. also if you think we all support other cars just due to name and prestige, your wrong. i tried to immediately get my hands on the vw w12 and place an order. i'd of paid up to 150,000 for a vw. i was very disappointed it was cancelled. that would of been a great car. now if honda built something like that, i'd be a player.

do you remember any of the info?

Sure, we did three runs starting from between 65-75 mph each. I was generally about 1 1/2 car lengths ahead the entire time.

I had a similar experience with a GruppeM supercharged NSX. We did one hard pull from about 65 mph and I led by about 2 car lengths.

Gerry’s turbo NSX, on the other hand, pulled on me every time.

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

www.boostedgroup.com

[This message has been edited by BoostedMR2 (edited 28 August 2002).]

nothing against any of the supercharger tuners, but i am disappointed with all their results, whether it be comptech,basch,gruppem, etc. i think id rather just throw nos on the car. atleast the power would come on much sooner and be more useable. you could ultimately have a car making less peak power and still be quicker.

gerry car is what i call fast. but it takes alot more work than just slapping a supercharger on, and in that case alot more money.

BoneZ has a GruppeM supercharger + nitrous. See http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000284.html

Due to an annoying bug in the software, the UBB search feature will not find a moved thread - it will keep pointing to the original thread which results in a broken link. You'll have to find it by browsing through the list in the forum. I haven't deleted any such threads so it's floating around somewhere!

hey what happened to all the race car warriors? this thread has gone soft! lets kick it up again! i bought a remote controlled lambo and porsche 996tt today and they will lay waste to any r/c nsx! lol

as a matter of fact, i may race the r/c car against degle's real nsx! that is if he ever shows up again since betting was brought up and he disappeared to hide his velcro wallet!

Originally posted by bill92nsx:
Stock they come with APracing brake setup which costs about 6 grand and that is only for the front. I know because I had to replace them.

Why did you have to replace them? I thought you said your Lotus was trouble-free…
tongue.gif

they were great cars, especially in 91 and 92. but once the twin turbo rx7 hit, and the supra, and the vr4tt, they greatly diminished the nsx's value.

Nonsense.

First of all, those cars were never considered competition for the NSX in any way. The NSX was competing against the 911, the Viper, the 348, and the Corvette ZR-1. And, of course, those lesser cars from Japan weren't exactly well-received in the marketplace; all were gone within a few years.

Furthermore, the value of the NSX held up as well as ever. So did its market share within the sports car category. What happened was that the entire category took a big hit due to a combination of the economic recession and backlash against the luxury tax imposed at the start of 1991. Within the next few years, sales of the 911, Viper, and Ferrari were all doing poorly along with those of the NSX.

the rx7 and supra came and went because they realized a losing proposition. acura should of cut its losses also, but maybe they thought with the others out of the way more nsx sales would be created. the rx7 and supra were definately competition for the nsx. bone stock rx7's were hitting 13.70's @ 102 with just air filters 13.40's@ 105. something our nsx's cant do with adding all our bolt ons, including headers, exhausts etc.

surely sales of all cars were hit, but none as severely as the nsx.

nsxtasy long story on the brakes, when the car was delivered to me the driver bent the brake pedal arm as so the brakes were being applied a little bit. I felt the car was deccelerating rapidly and could not figure it out. I was driving home when from the heat they started to bind and more pressure was building up in the line and finally the calipers caught fire. Of course the delivery guy denied it and so did the guy I bought it from, so $6000 later I fixed it myself. They really are awesome brakes and weigh next to nothing with calipers and rotors.

Back