99 NSX coupe, how rare?

my friend has a 99 yellow nsx but it is a coupe with black top.
is it super rare or?
currently I have a 92, I really want a 6 speed but no t-top, this is the only one I have ever seen.
here are some pictures
How hard to comeby another one like this?
Thanks

Jimmy

Attachments

• NSX yellow 013.jpg
    NSX yellow 013.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited:
I would say that's a pretty rare car/color combo.

From the FAQ there were 5 '98's and 4 '97's, it doesn't mention any newer, but I'm going to guess there are less than 20 in the world. Pretty rare. (And I don't think the black top is stock for a '99.)

rx7tonsx said:
my friend has a 99 yellow nsx but it is a coupe with black top.
is it super rare or?
currently I have a 92, I really want a 6 speed but no t-top, this is the only one I have ever seen.
here are some pictures
How hard to comeby another one like this?
Thanks

Jimmy

Just buy a "T" and keep the top on at all time:D

rbirling said:
From the FAQ there were 5 '98's and 4 '97's, it doesn't mention any newer, but I'm going to guess there are less than 20 in the world. Pretty rare. (And I don't think the black top is stock for a '99.)

Actually, those are for the NSX-T. There was only 1 coupe made in 1998, none is 1997, and I am guessing only 1 in 1999. So that car is SUPER RARE!! What are the details about it? Mileage? Price? Looks cool.

I have a Silver 99 coupe. I was told it was one of 5. Is this true?
Is it also considered rare?

BTW - the roof is black and all original.

Fox

rx7tonsx said:
Jimmy

If you want a 6-spd then just pick up a good used one and put in the reverse lock out and your done! Several people I now have done that very thing.

fox32223 said:
I have a Silver 99 coupe. I was told it was one of 5. Is this true?
Is it also considered rare?

BTW - the roof is black and all original.

Fox

Well, you just chopped the value of the yellow one down by 50%. :tongue: :biggrin:

In all reality, yours must be very rare as well. If anyone else out there has a 1999 or newer coupe please let us know. Other than the Zanardi's those are some of the rarest coupe nsx's in existence. Oh yeah, post pics too please. :smile:

Hmmm. That's not how I read the table. There were several hundred -T's.

Meeyatch1 said:
Actually, those are for the NSX-T. There was only 1 coupe made in 1998, none is 1997, and I am guessing only 1 in 1999. So that car is SUPER RARE!! What are the details about it? Mileage? Price? Looks cool.

Any 97+ coupe is a rare car period. Interesting how they pop up every once in awhile like this

rbirling said:
Err,NSX's are sold outside of the US as well you know.In the UK the coupe is the norm-not the t-top.I think it is also the same for europe,therefor there would be way more than 20 worldwide.

OK.
Here is the story for my buddy's 99 coupe.
it was hit in the rear and he got the car from auction, so it is S-title... you guys know what I mean.
But look over the car, as we have a body shop, only rear has been repaint, the roof for sure is original.
here are some more pictures.
He is not trying to sell it but if I want to buy it, he will sell to me around 37K.
it has 34K miles and runs perfect. I am thinking to get this and sell my 92 white/black with 50K miles and start another type-R project with his 99.

Attachments

• NSX yellow 011.jpg
    NSX yellow 011.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 577
  • NSX yellow 010.jpg
    NSX yellow 010.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 603
Didn't a guy here on NSX Prime by the name of David Swartz own a 98, or 99 Yellow/Black Top Coupe? I know I saw a few pictures of that particular car here on Prime before. I don't think it is the car in question above though. Anyway, I know there is at least that one yellow one, maybe this yellow one above, and at least 1 silver one which the owner above posted about. There was also a 2001 white with ivory interior as well and pictures of it has been posed here a few times. I also believe there was at least 1 Monte Carlo Blue one (Not the notorious T to coupe conversion one) but that one could have been the press car? I'm just going off memory here so I may have missed a few. :smile:

ChrisK said:
Didn't a guy here on NSX Prime by the name of David Swartz own a 98, or 99 Yellow/Black Top Coupe? :

Thats Accord-R dad's car :wink:

Everyone thought that his car was 1/1 produced and it has an interesting history behind it. Now it is 1/2 produced but the only one with a clean title. When I saw that car at NSXPO 04 it has 8x,xxx miles on it. Im sure by now the miles are over 100k :eek:

jaytip nsx said:
Err,NSX's are sold outside of the US as well you know.In the UK the coupe is the norm-not the t-top.I think it is also the same for europe,therefor there would be way more than 20 worldwide.

Good point. :smile:

rx7tonsx said:
OK.
I am thinking to get this and sell my 92 white/black with 50K miles and start another type-R project with his 99.

IMO, a car this rare shouldn't be a donor for a TypeR clone. If that's what you want to do, you have a 92 GPW already for that. My .02

GHOSTRIDER said:
IMO, a car this rare shouldn't be a donor for a TypeR clone. If that's what you want to do, you have a 92 GPW already for that. My .02

rare but tainted goods with the salvage title. :wink:

Meeyatch1 said:

There are actually 3 coupes made in 97...(2) black on black 6 speed and (1) red on tan 6 speed. There are referenced here on the production numbers. :wink: I actually brought up a similar topic on this thread.

Last edited:
Back