99 NSX coupe, how rare?

surferX said:
Then do us all a favor and just get the window sticker for this VIN. If the window sticker says coupe...Honda was WRONG and there were at least 2 1999 Yellow NSX Coupes! If it says Targa...run...run fast from that car! Debate settled! :smile:

Yea, I agree. It would be nice to have that production spreadsheet finished off. I was thinking that a clip from Japan was used to fix this car. I still want to know why the picture of the front of it was removed because you could tell the front was not original. Anyways, with a salvage title, we'll never know what this car was.

surferX said:
Then do us all a favor and just get the window sticker for this VIN. If the window sticker says coupe...Honda was WRONG and there were at least 2 1999 Yellow NSX Coupes! If it says Targa...run...run fast from that car! Debate settled! :smile:

Accord-R's dad's car is a 1998 and this one is a 1999:wink:

Accord-R said:
Anyways, with a salvage title, we'll never know what this car was.

We know what this car is... a 1999 yellow/black roof coupe:wink: Ojas did some research from Owner link and my research supports this

Accord-R:
I removed the front picture because I really feel don't want my friend get bother, that's it.
Originally I posted just want to see how rare it is?
People started to want a vin to confirm it is real a coupe. Then everyone knows it is salvage, I feel sorry to my friend so I removed the front picture.
There are many people drive salvaged car, but as long as it repairs right, not easily to tell. Of course, no one wants everybody knows their cars are salvaged.
This car has never ever changed top or front clip.
No matter what you think you have the only yellow with hardtop, but here is another real twins.
Hope you understand why I removed the pictures now.

rx7tonsx said:
Accord-R:
I removed the front picture because I really feel don't want my friend get bother, that's it.
Originally I posted just want to see how rare it is?
People started to want a vin to confirm it is real a coupe. Then everyone knows it is salvage, I feel sorry to my friend so I removed the front picture.
There are many people drive salvaged car, but as long as it repairs right, not easily to tell. Of course, no one wants everybody knows their cars are salvaged.
This car has never ever changed top or front clip.
No matter what you think you have the only yellow with hardtop, but here is another real twins.
Hope you understand why I removed the pictures now.

No, I don't understand why you removed the picture of the front bumper. You felt sorry for your friend for letting people know it is a salvage and removed the picture of his front bumper but left all the other pictures with the VIN information on it? If I were you, I would have removed the pictures of the VIN and such and left the pictures of the car. It doesn't matter anyways, if your friend were to sell it a Salvaged title is public information, so it wouldn't be your fault anyways.

I'm just interested on the production numbers of the cars. I think for my Father's car the thing that makes it unique more than being a Yellow Coupe, is that it was the car was used by Honda for magazine tests (driven by Peter Cunnigham for the test). What has always intrigued me is the fact that the car went 12.87 stock on stock tires (with 7,000 miles on them), I always wondered if Honda blueprinted this particular car for the road tests or messed around with the ECU a little. The dealer it goes to get services sells a lot of NSXs and the Service Manager is an avid racer and car tuner and he says the car is a freak compared to any other non-supercharged NSX he's driven.

No my friend is not selling the car to public, that's why I removed the picture of the front, vin sticker and vin number are already out, so even I remove it doesn't help anything at all. Of course, if he is selling than salvaged thing won't be matter because he will tell to the buyer anyways.
I think your Father has a very nice car. But you don't need to be wonder, there is no such thing as stock American Acura NSX-R. Some stock civic is faster than others, that's because different people break in the car differently, differnet people own it take care of it differently.
That's cool your service manager is a racer, and he test drive your NSX 1/4 miles but our dealer won't test 1/4 miles on our NSX, I believe that's better.

Accord-R said:
No, I don't understand why you removed the picture of the front bumper. You felt sorry for your friend for letting people know it is a salvage and removed the picture of his front bumper but left all the other pictures with the VIN information on it? If I were you, I would have removed the pictures of the VIN and such and left the pictures of the car. It doesn't matter anyways, if your friend were to sell it a Salvaged title is public information, so it wouldn't be your fault anyways.

I'm just interested on the production numbers of the cars. I think for my Father's car the thing that makes it unique more than being a Yellow Coupe, is that it was the car was used by Honda for magazine tests (driven by Peter Cunnigham for the test). What has always intrigued me is the fact that the car went 12.87 stock on stock tires (with 7,000 miles on them), I always wondered if Honda blueprinted this particular car for the road tests or messed around with the ECU a little. The dealer it goes to get services sells a lot of NSXs and the Service Manager is an avid racer and car tuner and he says the car is a freak compared to any other non-supercharged NSX he's driven.

Again, can you tell me when your friend bought it from auction?

fox32223 said:
I have a Silver 99 coupe. I was told it was one of 5. Is this true?
Is it also considered rare?

BTW - the roof is black and all original.

Fox

I saw your car on autotrader 2 years ago with around 40k miles. I offered $45k at the time and he turned it down.

rx7tonsx said:
I think your Father has a very nice car. But you don't need to be wonder, there is no such thing as stock American Acura NSX-R. Some stock civic is faster than others, that's because different people break in the car differently, differnet people own it take care of it differently.

I didn't mean to say we had an American NSX-R, I meant that the car might have been "massaged" by Honda for the magazine tests.

rx7tonsx, if you do pick up the car, I hope I get to see it at a local meet. I'd love to see what a later model non-Zanardi coupe looks like. I don't care if it's salvage or not. It's an NSX!

Sure thing, if there is a local San Diego meet, you will see this car.

W said:
rx7tonsx, if you do pick up the car, I hope I get to see it at a local meet. I'd love to see what a later model non-Zanardi coupe looks like. I don't care if it's salvage or not. It's an NSX!

for everyone that does not like salvage title cars need to get their facts straight. i own a few wrecking yards in rancho cordova ca and i have seen some of my customers that come to buy parts for their clean title car and i must say some of the shit that comes in that's "clean title" might as well be non repairable! i been out to the San Diego iaai the car is a true yellow and its pretty clean no vin swap people say its easy my ass try it nsx quarter panels do come off easy the the actual badges are on the frame itself. don't disrespect salvage cars i have seen some prime members clean title nsx and omg seriously to me it does not matter as long as the work is done correctly! bottom line some people like to drive a piece of paper around town and some like to drive an actual car

for everyone that does not like salvage title cars need to get their facts straight. i own a few wrecking yards in rancho cordova ca and i have seen some of my customers that come to buy parts for their clean title car and i must say some of the shit that comes in that's "clean title" might as well be non repairable! i been out to the San Diego iaai the car is a true yellow and its pretty clean no vin swap people say its easy my ass try it nsx quarter panels do come off easy the the actual badges are on the frame itself. don't disrespect salvage cars i have seen some prime members clean title nsx and omg seriously to me it does not matter as long as the work is done correctly! bottom line some people like to drive a piece of paper around town and some like to drive an actual car

This thread is 5 years old...I just spent 15 minutes reading through this thread to realize that it was 5 years ago.

We must be that bored to look that far back. :biggrin:

non-existant except for Type R's produced overseas. No 2002 and up NSX's ever came from the factory as a coupe. When have 1 now here in the US :biggrin:

As mentioned this is incorrect, there were plenty of 02+ coupes made (UK and Japan got many), however I believe not a single one is LHD. Why not? I'd love to know!

This thread is 5 years old...I just spent 15 minutes reading through this thread to realize that it was 5 years ago.

We must be that bored to look that far back. :biggrin:

lol don't you hate that....:eek:

Back