99 NSX coupe, how rare?

Since we’re on the subject how rare are 2002 and up coupes :biggrin: ? Anyone! Will be looking to up grade one day :rolleyes:

Black 94 #400 said:
Since we’re on the subject how rare are 2002 and up coupes :biggrin: ? Anyone! Will be looking to up grade one day :rolleyes:

non-existant except for Type R's produced overseas. No 2002 and up NSX's ever came from the factory as a coupe. When have 1 now here in the US :biggrin:

so it is S-title... you guys know what I mean

Yes, I do. I immediately guessed it was a salvage.

So what makes everybody think VIN: JH4NA2136XT000180 is the one that actually came with that body???

This car might be so extremely rare, that even Acura doesn't even know about it.

Anybody lose a yellow coupe? Get the car checked by your local highway patrol before you do anything. They have a free verification procedure that takes about an hour.

Drew
/I'm not accusing anybody of anything, but any good cop would impound this car for "further investigation".
//I wouldn't just walk from that car, I would run: terribly fast.
///If the car is a fraudulent re-VIN...this is what you get: 1- A copy of a Grand Theft report (worth $0), a copy of the impound report (also $0) and a free phone call to have somebody pick you up ($Priceless)

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Thats Accord-R dad's car :wink:

Everyone thought that his car was 1/1 produced and it has an interesting history behind it. Now it is 1/2 produced but the only one with a clean title. When I saw that car at NSXPO 04 it has 8x,xxx miles on it. Im sure by now the miles are over 100k :eek:

Honda confirmed with me a few years ago that the only yellow coupe in North America came here in 1998. This car is a salvage title and was a repainted coupe. Probably was a white one.

ALERT! Severe problems (major accidents, fire, flood damage, major odometer problems or lemon history) were reported by a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for this 1999 ACURA NSX (JH4NA2136XT000180). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

CARFAX Talking CarTM
The story of this 1999 ACURA NSX (JH4NA2136XT000180) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had at least 2 owners. The first title for this coupe was reported to CARFAX by a California DMV in 2002.
It was severely damaged and issued a Salvage title by a California DMV.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 04/09/2002, was 30,380 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.
Its original manufacturer warranty was voided after it was severely damaged.
Go to the Detailed Vehicle History for the complete history and a glossary of terms.

Report Summary
1. ACCIDENT CHECK

Total Loss Check Severe Accident or Total Loss Event Reported by a DMV
Other Accident Indicators No Accident Indicators Reported
2. MILEAGE ACCURACY CHECK

Truth-In-Mileage Check No Odometer Problems Reported by a DMV
Odometer Rollback Check No Potential Odometer Rollback Found
Mileage Consistency Check No Inconsistent Odometer Reading Found
3. LEMON CHECK®
No Mfr. Buyback Reported by a DMV
4. OWNERSHIP CHECK

Number of Owners 2 Estimated Owner(s)
Type of Owners Checked 8 Types of Vehicle Registrations
5. RECALL CHECK
ACURA Does Not Report Recalls to CARFAX
DETAILED VEHICLE HISTORY ONE HISTORY RECORD REPORTED

OUCH, SCARY!
:frown:

I agree that it has probably been repainted. You say it was hit in the rear and now has a salvage title, but the front in the very first picture doesn't look right to me. It might be the angle or whatever, but the front of the right fender and bumper look a little off.

Does your friend know when it was hit or can you tell me when your friend bought this car and from who?

It was not repaint color.
My friend got it from insurance auction, it was hit the back, not that bad though.
He fixed the trunk floor and that's about it. The front is perfect.
It is real yellow one. not repaint color.
Here is another picture, see the color code, Y-52P, yellow with preal.
Yes, it is salvage but for the lower price and how rare it is, do you guys think it is worth a buy?

Attachments

• NSX yellow 012.jpg
    NSX yellow 012.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 356
Dood, the fact that this car is in such good shape *screams* VIN SWITCH. Do you not get it???

It might not be worth a thin dime.

It might be one heck of a deal.

But DO NOT change money until you get it checked out.

Drew:
This car is belong to my friend and it is CHP and DMV verfied after repaired.
No Vin issues on this car, just the title and the rear was damaged.
If you don't agree on any salvaged NSX, I understand that.

I've got no problem with a salvage. But they have to look like one...this one even has the "deep shine" that apparently only Honda can do so well.

DMV could care less...they require a 1) A fee and 2) A safety check. Osama could get his drivers license and a car bomb through DMV as long as he pays his fees and the turn signals work.

As for the CHP--dunno. They should have return a document stated they did a "VIN authentication" and found no problems. There is a local "TRAP" in San Diego where they will verify the car.

Your money: you do as you like. I'm posting for others at this point.

Drew

rx7tonsx said:
It was not repaint color.
My friend got it from insurance auction, it was hit the back, not that bad though.
He fixed the trunk floor and that's about it. The front is perfect.
It is real yellow one. not repaint color.
Here is another picture, see the color code, Y-52P, yellow with preal.
Yes, it is salvage but for the lower price and how rare it is, do you guys think it is worth a buy?

Unless Honda doesn't know how many cars they produced. Then this was a repaint or body panel swap. Swapping panels on an NSX is easy, it's like a Fiero. But even looking at the front of that car you can see that it was pieced together. I also see you removed the picture of the front of that car. There were a lot of gaps in that picture, if it was hit in the back, maybe it got pushed into something cause that front was messed with.

By the way the car in the picture I attached (as confirmed by American Honda with me) is the only Yellow Coupe ever brought into the country. It was used by American Honda for magazine testing and on a side note, has been called a freak by the dealership due to how strong the motor is compared to similar 3.2s...massaged by Honda for the magazine testing, maybe. But running 12.8 bone stock on factory tires with 7,000 miles probably says something was done by them. It also ran a 12.57 with bolt-ons and good tires. An American NSX-R...would be kind of cool!

alts.jpg

There is no such thing as the whole story with a salvage title. I would never buy a car with a salvage title no matter how rare. It is now worthless because it was rolled down and mountain and slapped back together. Take whatever they said was done to it X10 and you should be close to the real story.

fox32223 said:
I have a Silver 99 coupe. I was told it was one of 5. Is this true?
Is it also considered rare?

BTW - the roof is black and all original.

Fox

I do believe I know this car and looked at it when I was making my purchasing decision two years ago. By any chance did you buy this car near Orlando? Silver with black top and black interior right? I had tested it twice, had it put through a dealer inspection, made an offer, and was negotiating with the seller when they suddenly pulled out and sold it to another party (perhaps you?). It's definitely a rare bird and was being sold for a VERY good price as I remember. Actually, I think I still have some photos of the car (I took photos of all of the NSXs I was considering).

All's well that ends well though as shortly thereafter I ended up with a Red/Black '00 T with much lower miles also at a great price. I actually like being able to pop the top on the sunny days here in Florida.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
non-existant except for Type R's produced overseas. No 2002 and up NSX's ever came from the factory as a coupe. When have 1 now here in the US :biggrin:
Where do you come up with these "facts"
Take a look on www.autotrader.co.uk and you will see plenty of 02+ coupe's for sale.

*multi-photos 2003 03 Reg HONDA NSX 3.2 V6 Sascron Limited 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, Silver. black full leather sports seats, Climate control, Cruise control, Bose sound system, Traction control, CD Multichanger, Computer. 170 MPH SUPER CAR 0-60 IN 5.5 . . . . (trade)
£36,995

2003 03 Reg HONDA NSX 3.2 V6 Stratstone Honda Bedford 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 15,000 miles, long beach blue metalic, 2 Owners. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Climate control, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, . . . . (trade)
£44,995
141 miles

2002 52 Reg Honda NSX 3.2 V6 VTEC Coupe, Chiswick Honda 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 3,500 miles, Long Beach Blue Pearl, Leather upholstery,Traction Control System (TCS),Cruise control,Driver airbag,Passenger airbag,17in alloy wheels,Remote central door . . . . (trade)
£47,795
146 miles

2003 03 Reg Honda NSX 3.2 V6 VTEC Coupe, Chiswick Honda 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 3,800 miles, Long Beach Blue Pearl, Leather upholstery,Cruise control,Dual front SRS airbags,Anti-lock braking system (ABS),Central locking,Front electric windows,Electric . . . . (trade)
£47,995
146 miles

2004 04 Reg Honda NSX 3.2 V6 VTEC Coupe, Avonvale Honda Coventry 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 4,500 miles, Sebring Silver Metallic, Leather Upholstery,Dual front SRS airbags,Adjustable dashboard illumination,Central Locking,Cruise Control,Front electric windows,BOSE . . . . (trade)
£49,995
108 miles

2004 04 Reg Honda NSX 3.2 V6 VTEC Coupe, Chiswick Honda 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 13,000 miles, Ascari Red, Leather upholstery,Cruise control,Dual front SRS airbags,Anti-lock braking system (ABS),Central locking,Front electric windows,Electric adjustable . . . . (trade)
£49,999
146 miles

*multi-photos 2005 05 Reg Honda NSX 3.2 litre V6, Brindley Honda Codsall 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 3,800 miles, Ascari Red, 1 Owner(s), ABS(Anti-Lock Brakes),Climate Control,Cruise Control,Driver's Air Bag,Electric Windows,Leather Interior,Passenger Air . . . . (trade)

£ 50,000
94 miles

*multi-photos 2005 Honda NSX 3179 cc, Two Mills Honda 2 Doors, Manual, COUPE, Petrol, 400 miles, Long Beach Blue, CD Player, ABS Brakes, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Central Locking, Leather Upholstery, Alarm, Driver's Airbag, Multiple Airbags, Power . . . . (trade)
£52,995
118 miles

2005 HONDA NSX 3.2i V-Tec V6 Coupe, 05 reg. Long Beach Blue Pearl, low miles, high spec inc Bose audio & Thatcham Cat 1 alarm, our MDs car. . . or (01502) 537444 Robert Hawkins or Neil Wragg - Lings Honda . . . . (trade)
£54,995
238 miles

*multi-photos 2005 05 Reg HONDA NSX 3.2 V6 Lings Honda 2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 4,600 miles, Metallic Long Reach Blue, 1 Owner. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Colour coding - Body, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Metallic . . . . (trade)
£54,999
238 miles

Displaying 21 - 29 cars found 1 2 3

Narrow your search

I was refering to US spec cars...:biggrin: as I said in my post:wink:

Accord-R said:
Unless Honda doesn't know how many cars they produced.

They have no idea... Trust me:confused: For some reason they dont have accurate records. Luckily Integra Type R's were number but other than that; they never really have accurate production numbers published with color, model, trim level and everyting else. I do have the ability to get the window stickers of all year vehicles:biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
They have no idea... Trust me:confused: For some reason they dont have accurate records. Luckily Integra Type R's were number but other than that; they never really have accurate production numbers published with color, model, trim level and everyting else. I do have the ability to get the window stickers of all year vehicles:biggrin:

Then I think you should start requesting window stickers for every nsx 1999 and up so that we can complete the production list. :biggrin:

NMYMIRR said:
There are actually 3 coupes made in 97...(2) black on black 6 speed and (1) red on tan 6 speed. There are referenced here on the production numbers. :wink: I actually brought up a similar topic on this thread.

I was referring only to the yellow ones for my count. :smile:

comquat1 said:
Then I think you should start requesting window stickers for every nsx 1999 and up so that we can complete the production list. :biggrin:

I may have used all my favors...

Speaking of coupes in general, there is an NSXCA member here in AZ that traded in his 2000 Monaco blue NSX-T on a new 2001 Red/black Coupe with a black roof. As far as I know, he still has the car.

I wish there was a better way track production #'s. This summer I may compile a spreadsheet or some thing like that.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I do have the ability to get the window stickers of all year vehicles:biggrin:

Then do us all a favor and just get the window sticker for this VIN. If the window sticker says coupe...Honda was WRONG and there were at least 2 1999 Yellow NSX Coupes! If it says Targa...run...run fast from that car! Debate settled! :smile:

Back