Z06 takes a bite of the forbidden fruit..

I am biased, but I have been in almost every exotic imaginable and iv yet to find an interior that I liked better than the nsx. Everything is geared so tight and close for the driver its great. I love the nsx interior.

I hate vettes unfortunately with a passion, but I do tip my hat to the 2007 and present Z06s. Bang for the buck and insane performance!! Unfortunately, with any vette, you can not drive 1 mile with out seeing 5 of them.

only my .02 thankfully, not everyone loves what I do.

Kertong:

Cool username. I really enjoyed your post and agree with you on all points, although I've never owned a Vette. Welcome aboard. Don't let all the illiterates get you down.

Drive a 2005 NSX and you'll enjoy them even more. :wink:

My 0.02$...when I drive more than 20 miles I see all sorts of vette's through many recent models. Passed a Pop's road-side car lot with 3, the cheapest was 6500.00 for about a mid 90's model, looked rough. I have yet to see a cheap NSX in a buy-here-pay-here lot. That alone up's the exotic value, knowing the camaro crowd won't own one. I also will likely not see a mullet behind the wheel of an NSX.:smile:

I have both cars in my garage and I find flaws from both, this is coming from someone with a 91 nsx, a 98 nsx and 07 ZO6 sitting side by side at night in a garage. Comparison , one is made across the waters and the other on the Homeland, both with different era's of driving competition. I never understood why people frowned on the Vettes interior. Then again I look into the NSX's and I too see items that can be done too. Stock for stock I don't compare them. They are both great cars. As for the Gentleman who posted this thread, if you have any questions you can PM me. I usually refrain from these threads that start to bash one from another on car comparison. I would be glad to give some insite on the reality of both. I like both.:biggrin: Just relax and continue on with the regularly scheduled program, "THE TOPIC"

Now anyone out there who can drink one for me while I am eating dirt from the SANDSTORM we have here in IRAQ.:biggrin:

Gil

To me, the C6's fundamental qualities are:

fantastic engines (LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9)
reliable and cheap to maintain
affordable, and good value for money
looks nice

If you are looking for high performance at a low cost, the Corvette is one of the first vehicles you should consider.

However, the only reason why it can compete with the performance of the expensive Europeans is because of the engine. If you compare the handling and 'driving feel' characteristics, the Corvette is seriously lacking.

Moreover, once you step out of the performance comparison, the Corvette lacks in other areas. The materials and craftsmanship of the interior are of a very low grade, and the car is 'unrefined' in general. The Corvette may deliver the most performance for your dollar, but perhaps the reason for this is a compromise on every other aspect of the car. Plus, will you really enjoy having to go to the Chevy dealer?

As for the argument of what is considered a supercar, here is my opinion..

supercars should meet these criteria:

- in the upper tier of performance for it's time
- expensive
- exotic (relative)

The Corvette is neither expensive or exotic, and thus, is NOT a supercar.

Last edited:
I ultimately went with a 2004 Z06, because on paper, it beat the NSX in every way, even gas mileage and handling. It was even cheaper to maintain. Plus, I couldn't get hold of an NSX to test drive.

Most people here didn't purchase their car because of what the numbers were on paper. I surely didn't. And the fact that you couldn't get ahold of one to test drive makes me smile. That's called exclusivity. I bet I could have 50 Corvettes to test drive at the push of a button. Exactly the reason I don't care for them. They are the Chevy Cavalier of sports cars. I see 10 of them a day going to and from work. I'm not dogging their performance.. but I really think that the market is just SO saturated with them, that they just aren't the icon they used to be. I can't tell you how many times me and my buddy (who has a C5) have parked next to each other when we go out and inevitably somebody comes up and says "nice Honda", or "that orange car is bad ass". I actually feel kinda crappy taking the attention away from my buddy. There is nothing about walking down the street and seeing a Corvette that makes anybody think "special" anymore.

Numbers are kind of null. I bet if you strapped a Jet Engine to a Huffy you'd have some pretty awesome numbers too. Of course you'd still be going home on your Huffy. :wink:

Greetings

I drove 5 different NSX's before purchasing mine. I was picky about the colors that were acceptable. I did go to LA to drive and look at 2 of them.

Cheers,
Martin

Back