Z06 takes a bite of the forbidden fruit..

I also like the current Corvettes. Fast nice, nice design, and it appears to have great reviews. But as far as it being exotic, not in my opinion. Between this morning and yesterday I saw 5 yellow Corvettes(Not counting the other colors). Two this morning and 3 yesterday evening. I live in South Florida so they may be a bit more common here then other areas but still, I really can't see how this can be classified as an exotic car when you see the car everyday. I may have the definition of exotic confused with a supercar but I always thought an exotic car would have to be a little more exclusive. Other then the Porsche, the corvette is the most common sports car out there. In fact, in my area I see the Corvettes much more then I see Porsches.

I also like the current Corvettes. Fast nice, nice design, and it appears to have great reviews. But as far as it being exotic, not in my opinion. Between this morning and yesterday I saw 5 yellow Corvettes(Not counting the other colors). Two this morning and 3 yesterday evening. I live in South Florida so they may be a bit more common here then other areas but still, I really can't see how this can be classified as an exotic car when you see the car everyday. I may have the definition of exotic confused with a supercar but I always thought an exotic car would have to be a little more exclusive. Other then the Porsche, the corvette is the most common sports car out there. In fact, in my area I see the Corvettes much more then I see Porsches.
Tough area to go to, I agree, Porsches, BMW's, Vette's IMHO not exotic, they're mass produced and you see them coming and going. Try to tell someone who's driving a 911TT, or a ZO6 that their car isn't exotic and you'd better be prepared to defend yourself. I feel that an exotic is a "rare" car, limited in production, not seen everywhere all the time. Something has to "distinguish" the car to make it an exotic. Does the NSX qualify, I think it does, but the owners of many other "more exotic" marques would disagree. To those that own a Corvette and aspire to own a NSX..........................good decision:biggrin:

I think the two key differences between defining the Z06 and NSX is exotic, vs. supercar.

The NSX is an exotic, but I don't see it as a supercar. The Z06 is a supercar (sub 8min nurburgring times to back it up), but not necessarily an exotic.

To me, the exotic is often rare, limited production, mid engined, and expensive. The vette has none of these.

To me, the supercar has blistering performance, which the NSX does not have (well compared to other supercars, anyway).

I prefer an exotic over a supercar - I do not spend enough time at the track to justify a supercar :)

I think the two key differences between defining the Z06 and NSX is exotic, vs. supercar.

The NSX is an exotic, but I don't see it as a supercar. The Z06 is a supercar (sub 8min nurburgring times to back it up), but not necessarily an exotic.

To me, the exotic is often rare, limited production, mid engined, and expensive. The vette has none of these.

To me, the supercar has blistering performance, which the NSX does not have (well compared to other supercars, anyway).

I prefer an exotic over a supercar - I do not spend enough time at the track to justify a supercar :)

This comment is with no merit and no offense taken.:rolleyes:

A supercar is an enzo CGT and "Hyper exotics", a corvette is none of the above but you are funny.

This comment is with no merit and no offense taken.:rolleyes:

A supercar is an enzo CGT and "Hyper exotics", a corvette is none of the above but you are funny.

You say tomato, I say tomahto, whatever. Don't get your panties all in a wad because your beloved car can't break into supercar performance territory. ;) No merit? I prefaced it with "i think".

Man, some of you guys are wound so tight. Was hoping for a real friendly and welcoming community. I was hoping that by posting this thread we could talk about the good things of the NSX, and all you guys have done is nitpick at semantics and opinion, and knock the corvette every chance you get. I don't think I've met such a defensive and insecure car crowd - if you need to put down other cars to feel better about yours, I think you need to take a step back and try and evaluate what you are looking to get out of a car.

You say tomato, I say tomahto, whatever. Don't get your panties all in a wad because your beloved car can't break into supercar performance territory. ;)

Man, some of you guys are wound so tight. Was hoping for a real friendly and welcoming community.

This is a very welcoming and friendly community. I received a lot of help when I was looking for my first NSX and even now when I am trying to maintain my current NSX I still get valuable help and advise. Please do not take any offense, that is the problem with text is that the persons actual tone is not always clear in the message. I do not believe any of the members are trying to be unwelcoming but this is a very passionate group and will voice their opinions. Please don't take it personal and continue to post. I definitely do like hearing owners of other cars and their perspective on the NSX(Good and bad) and other vehicles.

You say tomato, I say tomahto, whatever. Don't get your panties all in a wad because your beloved car can't break into supercar performance territory. ;) No merit? I prefaced it with "i think".

Man, some of you guys are wound so tight. Was hoping for a real friendly and welcoming community. I was hoping that by posting this thread we could talk about the good things of the NSX, and all you guys have done is nitpick at semantics and opinion, and knock the corvette every chance you get. I don't think I've met such a defensive and insecure car crowd - if you need to put down other cars to feel better about yours, I think you need to take a step back and try and evaluate what you are looking to get out of a car.

I have met 4 NSX owners who said they use to post, but don’t care to now, for reasons you stated. At times I have felt the same. However, don’t get discouraged ....This is a forum that is subjected to fact and opinion. You will have to take the good with the bad....The good does far outweigh the bad. But always have your flame suit on when you offer your opinions.....

I think Both Cars are great.... I would love to have both in my garage…

Back in the day I had an 01 vette for 3 days. I had so many tickets that my insurance was the same as the car payment. That ended my Vette dreams quickly. LOL…

THE ZR1 will be a beast……

As the other poster stated...I hope if we were all at a table talking , we would see that no ill intent was meant.... I hope anyway

Be Careful over there......Former 41st Feild/Art Inf

Tough area to go to, I agree, Porsches, BMW's, Vette's IMHO not exotic, they're mass produced and you see them coming and going. Try to tell someone who's driving a 911TT, or a ZO6 that their car isn't exotic and you'd better be prepared to defend yourself. I feel that an exotic is a "rare" car, limited in production, not seen everywhere all the time. Something has to "distinguish" the car to make it an exotic. Does the NSX qualify, I think it does, but the owners of many other "more exotic" marques would disagree. To those that own a Corvette and aspire to own a NSX..........................good decision:biggrin:

I don't know any vette owners that think their car is an exotic. It certainly isn't. I don't think the ZR1 will be an exotic either.

Ah I did not see the "I think" part all I read was Corvette-exotic.

A Tomatoe is a fruit not a vegetable to be technicle.

You are comparing a car originated in the mid 80s to a car new car with twice the power, the Nsx has much more to offer than hot-rodding! If you wish to have a fast car without exotic appeal then the Corvette or Mustang Cobra might be the right car for you.

The good attributes of the Nsx needs to be compared to its intended target cars in their respective era of the late 80's early 90's, the Porsche 911 and Ferrari 348, and its goal were longevity, trackability all while having street demeanour. The Nsx required very little changes to compete with cars with twice the power in the late 90's and early 2000 a mere 20 extra horses all while gaining an extra 100 pounds yet it still gained its top speed to 175mph with aerodynamic changes. All targets were meet, mission accomplished the automotive world was aluminized forever and everyone was copying the technology of titanium rods to high reving redline the NSX went out of production in 2005 with very minor changes during its 16-17 years in production.

The Nsx is completely different car from a front engine corvette. It will never be in the same league irrespective of passion and feelings.

Up to you to make the decision.

Ok NSXfriend, I have to say this. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. What's with the complex?

When did I say the corvette was exotic.

When did I say a tomato was a vegetable?

When did I say the corvette was in the same league as the NSX?

If you've actually read any of my posts, or understood any of them, you would know by now that I already have made a decision. Check post #1 and read past the first few sentences, please.

Geez, I've never thought I'd have to defend my "PRO-nsx instead of the king of the road performance Z06" decision to a group of NSX enthusiasts so hard, my goodness. I really have a bad taste in my mouth from some of the users on this forum. I come in here with a Z06, which is no slouch by any means, but still tell you that I want an NSX because I like it better.

Some of you guys are great guys, I've seen your other posts. But the others, yikes.

Ok NSXfriend, I have to say this. You have a huge chip on your shoulder. What's with the complex?

If you've actually read any of my posts, or understood any of them, you would know by now that I already have made a decision. Check post #1 and read past the first few sentences, please.

Geez, I've never thought I'd have to defend my "PRO-nsx instead of the king of the road performance Z06" decision to a group of NSX enthusiasts so hard, my goodness. I really have a bad taste in my mouth from some of the users on this forum. I come in here with a Z06, which is no slouch by any means, but still tell you that I want an NSX because I like it better.

Some of you guys are great guys, I've seen your other posts. But the others, yikes.

The corvette is not a supercar or an exotic it is shadowed by many hyperexotics/supercars at Nbrug, street where ever, and it has not won as many races as Ferrari or Porsche hence its not a supercar. No emotional rethoric or chipperes here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercar

Supercar is a term generally used for a high-end sports car, whose performance is highly superior to that of its contemporaries. It has been defined specifically as "a very expensive, fast or powerful car with a centrally located engine"[1], and stated in more general terms: "it must be very fast, with sporting handling to match," "it should be sleek and eye-catching" and its price should be "one in a rarified atmosphere of its own."[2] but the proper application of the term is subjective and disputed, especially among enthusiasts. The use of the term can be dependent on the era; a vehicle that may have been considered a supercar in one decade may not be considered the same in another decade.[citation needed] The term supercar may refer to factory-built, street-legal sports cars.[3] Some supercars include some of the features required for race cars, like the roll cage, [4] while other supercars are in general race cars with only the minimum legal required modifications made (e.g. meeting emission regulations, legal tires, limited exhaust note) to be street legal.

vetts are all over the place here in socal.

everybody and their grand mother has one. :biggrin:

just because of its..... availability, it will never become a supercar.

Z06 performance is very impressive. :smile:

think of it like this.

when i look at a 91 vett...im not impressed at all.

a 91 nsx? its a whole kettle of hotness.

I am compelled to post.

Seriously, please don't mind a lot of egotistical idiots on this forum.
It's usually on the General Discussion forum, which is why a lot of us just post in the local forums instead.
You're clearly not insulting the NSX and giving the NSX praise, yet guys get all riled up for no reason.

Again, I apologize for the lack of reasonable posters in this thread.

Feel free to come to one of the Bay Area meets. We usually have get togethers every Friday or so, depending on who sets it up. I rarely make it out, but the guys are usually around Milpitas.

Have a good one.

You also have to remember, personal preference plays a lot into the car. I know some vette folks that wouldn't touch an NSX with a 10 foot pole. But to each their own. I like vette's. But would I own one over an NSX? Nope. Has nothing to do with hp, interior, or handling, I just like the NSX better. Its a sexier overall package imo.

Then, it has everything to do with the NSX's performance and design. That's why you react to it.

I don't think I've met such a defensive and insecure car crowd

I think it is sad that a Corvette guy comes in here and compliments the NSX and he still gets stampeded by a bunch of crybabies. I didn't realize that being recessive and having an inferiority complex was a pre-requisite to owning an NSX. Have some self confidence in yourselves and stop belly aching about how much better the interior is. It makes you look like a bunch of pussies. The Z06 is a much better car in a straight line and is an awesome track star as well. But it isn't an NSX.

:cool:

I think it is sad that a Corvette guy comes in here and compliments the NSX and he still gets stampeded by a bunch of crybabies. I didn't realize that being recessive and having an inferiority complex was a pre-requisite to owning an NSX. Have some self confidence in yourselves and stop belly aching about how much better the interior is. It makes you look like a bunch of pussies. The Z06 is a much better car in a straight line and is an awesome track star as well. But it isn't an NSX.

:cool:

I understand the aversion to comparison threads and we have certainly had our share of trolls looking to start flame wars, but I cannot fathom how this thread has received the response that it has.

Your response is dead on and certain individuals should take it to heart and stop embarrassing themselves.

OK well, when you get a chance, u enlist in the military and come overseas for 24 months. Then you can sit in hummer or dfp and deside what stupid ass shit you want to post on the internet to folks.

We appreciate your military service but that doesn't make you superior to those who haven't served. In fact, there's no way for you to know who has or hasn't served on Prime so I'd be careful calling people out, especially with <10 posts.

There's also no need to attack anyone here. I for one agreed with John's post that if you are using an internet forum to help you decide between an NSX and any other car you may be looking at things the wrong way. The ZO6 and the NSX could not be less similar in terms of performance cars which you yourself basically acknowledged. If you are really that torn between those two particular cars then I think you really haven't figured out exactly what's important to you in a performance car.

Erik I can only imagine what life is like for you ,but still save the hostility for the enemy,of which I am not.If you want to talk cars nsx or otherwise this is a great bunch of folks to do so just start a thread giving a little background on your self and away we go.I still stand by me assertion that the internet can not and should not determine what car you will like enough to spend lots of money on.

Guys...I came on here to learn about the NSX. Did we not all learn about the car BEFORE we bought it? I mean ANY car for that matter? So am I using prime to see if I want this car or not. YES! I am learning things that go wrong, things that go right, spending costs for Main., how others like it, etc etc. So in turn yes I am using the INTERNET to research what I want to buy. To HELP me make a choice in apples or oranges. Is it going to have the ultimate say in which way I go? No! Tons of other things to consider but how can you say the very board you guys post on, help others out on, shouldn’t be used as a TOOL? Come on now.

I’m not treating anyone on here as an enemy. Are you upset because I thought what you posted was stupid? No where did I "attack" anyone so I guess my bad language (“Stupid ass shit”) was the reason I made some upset?

To address the statement made about me thinking I’m superior to someone couldn’t be further from the truth. It was my choice to join the US Air Force 11 years ago and I don’t ask for anything back from anyone, I do it of my own free will and I don’t expect anything in return. I don’t see why you think that because I’m in the military I think I’m better then anyone. I’m not some 21 year old, “I had been to Iraq so I’m better then you” type of guys. I do what I do and move on…so if you got the impression that I was trying to put someone down, or think I’m superior I do apologize it was not my intentions. My point was to prove that sometimes we don’t all have the ability to just jump in a buddy’s car and take it for a spin so we do what we can.

Some members that have posted in this topic I respect a whole lot and have followed there posts, cars progress, etc. for years and I have learned a ton about the car from them. But man, some…like others have states have really put a bad taste in my mouth of the forum. (but by no means will they keep me away from Prime) lol

Like I stated in my original post…I love the fact that this topic is about 2 cars I want.

V/R

Thats what I love about my NSX...and hate...lol...I love the looks of the car and its performance and reliability...but holy crap does it make you feel uneasy when everyone is looking at it...glad I have all the windows tinted...lol

Dam:cool:

I’m not treating anyone on here as an enemy. Are you upset because I thought what you posted was stupid? No where did I "attack" anyone so I guess my bad language (“Stupid ass shit”) was the reason I made some upset?

To address the statement made about me thinking I’m superior to someone couldn’t be further from the truth. It was my choice to join the US Air Force 11 years ago and I don’t ask for anything back from anyone, I do it of my own free will and I don’t expect anything in return. I don’t see why you think that because I’m in the military I think I’m better then anyone.

I don't think I was the only one that found your tone combative and aggressive.

Also, I saw no need to even bring up your military service in the first place. It had nothing to do with the topic or the post and did not help to illustrate your point in any way. Sounded to me as if you wanted the world to know. Also, you absolutely did call out docjohn who's military background you have no idea about.

Again, I don't believe there's much on this forum (that's not found elsewhere) that's going to convince anyone which car is a better purchase. To say you're here trying to find out more information on the NSX is one thing but to use this or any forum to determine which car is the best for you, particularly between the NSX and ZO6, is ill-advised. They somewhat speak for themselves and opinions are everywhere, particularly on a forum. The NSX forum is going to tell you one thing and the Chevy forum another.

But facts are facts. If you want to know what the cars are all about look at their specs, drive them and research Honda vs. GM in terms of support, reliability, depreciation, price and so forth. Many of those things can be found here but that's only one place to find them.

You need to know what it is you're looking for and what's important to you before you put too much stock in opinions on a semi-railroaded thread or biased forum. IMO the first things I would do if someone asked me whether I want an apple or an orange yet had never had one is think about what I like, research their nutritional value and try one or both. Maybe I'll like one or the other or both. But what I probably wouldn't be asking for is opinions at this point. They're both well-liked and well-respected fruit and I'm going to get more confused the more opinions I seek. Both cars have a lot to offer and as a result there are many folks who own the NSX, ZO6 or both.

Hi Kertong,
It was great to drive both my NSX's with you that day!
I should have figured that you would post about your experience. I wish I noticed the thread and posted sooner.
I think that your post was fair and objective based on your opinion. As I am sure you were aware, commenting about the Z06 and the beloved NSX on this forum was sure to bring all types of members out of the woodwork. Some of these opinions I would recommend that you ignore, as they don't seem to contribute much to the discussion. Some comments and thoughts are not even coherent to merit a response.
It is quite interesting to see that you are advocating the decision to own an NSX, and a few think that you are here to bash it.
Please do not be deterred by a few to purchase the NSX. Prime really is a very helpful and friendly site. I agree with a few of the old-timers that it has changed, but all things considered in cyberspace, it is still the best automotive enthusiast website for a particular marquee.
I will be happy to help you out in finding and evaluating a prospective NSX. Keep in mind that I am seriously thinking about selling my yellow widebody, so if you want it, I'll give you first dibs.

Take care.

when i look at a 91 vett...im not impressed at all.

a 91 nsx? its a whole kettle of hotness.

How about a 2006 nsx vs. a 2006 z06?

Either way, let the record state - I want a 1991 NSX and am willing to sell my 2004 Z06 for one.

Trounce on me all you want for it, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Mirroredshades - thanks.

:)

How about a 2006 nsx vs. a 2006 z06?

Either way, let the record state - I want a 1991 NSX and am willing to sell my 2004 Z06 for one.

Trounce on me all you want for it, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Mirroredshades - thanks.

:)

I am by no means bashing you, again I agree with your first post completely with the exception of the interior. However I still think a 05 NSX looks more exotic than a Standard C6 since the C5 and C6 did borrow a lot of design cues from the NSX if you haven't noticed. Now if you take a Z06 into account its a slightly different story. A Z06 will only stand out to people in the know ( we can spot the wheels, the wider stance, the brakes, the hood duct etc ) but to commoners they might notice it looks a little different than a standard C6 but they can't quit put a finger on what makes it look different. But a NSX will always pop out to them esp a 02-05 with the flush mount headlights, and the updated rear end. ( but thats just my opinion though, I mean what do I know? lol )

I don't know what it is, but every single time someone posts Z06 vs. NSX it turns into a flame-fest. I think it has to do with a portion of the NSX community being very insecure about the power and performance of the Vette.

Myself, I think it is a great car. Beautiful to look at and performance is obviously stellar. However I have ALWAYS wanted a NSX, timeless design, superb engineering, rare (and in my opinion, exotic). If I had unlimited resources, I'm pretty damn sure there would be a C6 Z06 in the stable.

To the original poster, welcome to Prime, good luck in finding your NSX, and don't mind those here who apparently have their panties in a wad about comparing the NSX to a Z06 (or anything else for that matter).

Back