Z06 takes a bite of the forbidden fruit..

The new corvette is fast but so is the GTR but they are not an nsx or an exotic. In the end of the day people still droll on my 91 old Nsx :biggrin:

My car is hand built and is all aluminum and limited quantity easily mistaken for a Ferrari :wink:

I was considering a Z06 before I bought my NSX and am glad of the choice I made. My friend bought a C5 convertable and he loves it. To each his own. Bottom line is they are both very capable cars and alot of fun to drive.

Driven Both.... zo6 what raw power.....NSX easy and fun to drive. Most Bike riders know what I am talking about when I say a Honda Cbr is easier to jump on and just drive---All around Bike....However, you cant just jump on a Yam R1 and drive it. Torque and power can fool you. The same scenario with these 2 cars..... TO COMPARE a 1991 car with a 2004 car is a testament itself....Should not be any comparison IMO. Just shows how the X was ahead of its time. I really doubt their are allot of working 91 Vettes driving around. Hey, but I would love a new z06, r1 etc. But I just don't want to pay for it..... I am not going to LIVE it in, so as long as the seats are comfortable and i can hear the radio over the engine and road noise its fine to me...

I think I just found my new sig.

:biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin: I thought the exact same thing when I read that!:biggrin:

I have driven every vette imaginable c4,c5,c6, z06 or not.

I would take my 175,000 mile 95 NSX or my 75,000 91 NSX over any of them based simply on interior comfort, driveability, and rarity. There are 5 vettes in my neighborhood. My NSX's are the only ones I have ever seen there.

Its "special" No one can say " oh its just another nsx" like they say "oh its just another vette"

I do however respect the power they put out just not enough to own one. :biggrin:

I can't wait to get my NSX :(

There is a 1996 nsx, purple metallic that I am looking at. I am pretty set on getting the 91-93 just for the manual steering (and non-targa roof), though. The guy I am dealing with says he has "access" to two other NSXes thich are 91-93s. Anyone deal with this guy before? His name is jitendra berera, and he claims to have sold 27 NSXes so far. Trustworthy guy?

I got the NSX itch.. BAD! I've had NSX on the brain ever since the test drive...

There has been several threads in the past on Corvettes and NSX. This is now the 3rd/4th thread. I think this belongs to the "Off Topic" thread.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the previous thread last year, I almost purchased a 50th anniversary 2003 BLK/BLK ZO6 with 20k miles at the Honda Dealership. I could have picked it up for $27,000. One of the only reasons I did not, was because of the interior quality and design. It's also a dime a dozen.
Positive side: There's always nice looking girls at the Corvette meets/corral.

Instead, I went backwards 10 years and purchased my 93 NSX. I don't regret it a bit and I love to drive the car 3-4 times a week @ 28MPG.

I can't wait to get my NSX :(

There is a 1996 nsx, purple metallic that I am looking at. I am pretty set on getting the 91-93 just for the manual steering (and non-targa roof), though. The guy I am dealing with says he has "access" to two other NSXes thich are 91-93s. Anyone deal with this guy before? His name is jitendra berera, and he claims to have sold 27 NSXes so far. Trustworthy guy?

I got the NSX itch.. BAD! I've had NSX on the brain ever since the test drive...

There is a beautiful Plum Purple/ Midnite purple 96 NSX in the Bay Area for sale on craigslist. Thats probably the same one. I love that color. did you ever check it out yet? I would trade my 93 Red Coupe for that one.

There is a beautiful Plum Purple/ Midnite purple 96 NSX in the Bay Area for sale on craigslist. Thats probably the same one. I love that color. did you ever check it out yet? I would trade my 93 Red Coupe for that one.

Yup! That's the one. Honestly, I am not a fan of the color or the targa roof. I have my heart set on a white or silver color (my z06 now is black, and though it looks great, I hate having to wash it every week :D).

But the biggest reason is the manual steering. I *loved* how direct and communicative the wheel was!

I may take a look at this one: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/666628093.html
I'm not a fan of the wheels, but that can be replaced easily.

I haven't completely paid off the Z06 yet (I need 3-4 more months), but if they can take it as a trade-in, I may just pull the trigger.. :)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88323

That seems to be the same car, and it seems as if he's had it up for sale for over an year now.

He also had the car posted for $39500, but when I asked him for the asking price on the car, he told me it was $45k. Something is fishy..

I thoroughly enjoyed your post.

Don't worry about those who are objecting to your opinion about the interior. You can't please everyone.

I don't feel that you attacked our beloved NSX. Quite the opposite, in fact.

well put

I love this topic...Im torn on what car to get; 03 plus NSX or a 06 plus Z06 :confused:

I love this topic...Im torn on what car to get; 03 plus NSX or a 06 plus Z06 :confused:

This kind of post is The reason these threads ,nsx vs other ,don't die:wink: Cmon If you get familiar with both cars sit in them go to meets/shows where there are oppourtunities to sit in a corvette and or nsx I just don't see how you could be torn between two completely different cars:confused: The only thing they have in common is two seats.An internet forum is not the place to decide what car you should buy.

You can't decide if you should buy an exotic all aluminum hand built car or a fast chevy?:biggrin:

I prefer my exotic hand-built NSX over any common corvette that I see day in and day out! As for the interior of the two cars...lol...there is no comparison - no comparison! People can believe what they want...but I cannot afford to buy an alternative to my NSX...I just do not have $175,000 to spend on a car.

Dam:cool:

Different strokes for different folks - that is what makes the automotive world so fun! I'm glad we all seem to have found our niche to call home, though :)

This kind of post is The reason these threads ,nsx vs other ,don't die:wink: Cmon If you get familiar with both cars sit in them go to meets/shows where there are oppourtunities to sit in a corvette and or nsx I just don't see how you could be torn between two completely different cars:confused: The only thing they have in common is two seats.An internet forum is not the place to decide what car you should buy.

+1...:rolleyes:

BTW, if an 02+ NSX is what one is looking for then the addition of a CTSC and Type-R suspension should bring the price about equal to the C6 ZO6. At that point I don't think it's that hard of a choice anymore...:cool:

I think that if you supercharge or turbo your future NSX, that for very little money you will find the car every bit as fast as your Z06. Plus it will retain all of the things that you're drawn to.

And I disagree with NSXGMS about choosing a C6 Z06 over a SCd and suspensioned new NSX. I did that. I paid the same for a stock, SLIGHTLY used 02 NSX in 2004 as what a brand new C6 Z06 would have cost.

NSXs are expensive here. Ive never regretted my decision. Not once.

I think that if you supercharge or turbo your future NSX, that for very little money you will find the car every bit as fast as your Z06. Plus it will retain all of the things that you're drawn to.

And I disagree with NSXGMS about choosing a C6 Z06 over a SCd and suspensioned new NSX. I did that. I paid the same for a stock, SLIGHTLY used 02 NSX in 2004 as what a brand new C6 Z06 would have cost.

You aren't disagreeing with me. I am suggesting that the choice is easy between a 02+ CTSC/Type-R suspension NSX and a Z06. The NSX is clearly the choice.

Greetings

What is not exotic about a Z06 corvette? Let's see, an aluminum frame -- similar to an NSX. Titanium connecting rods -- similar to an NSX. Dry sump engine -- Wait, an NSX doesn't have one of those. It weighs 3132 pounds -- 1421 KG -- similar to an NSX. Front fenders are made of carbon fiber. It has an alloy engine.

I like the Z06. I own an NSX. Either both are or both aren't exotics. I would not want the pot calling the kettle black.

Cheers,
Martin

I agree if you are going to call the NSX an exotic, then you must do the same for the Vette (especially the new Z06 version supercharged).

I am always facinated by the Viper / Vette power and how much fun it can be to drive one but at the end of the night, I want my NSX in the garage.

Power is not everything and we all buy cars for different reasons. Chevy makes some great products and some not so nice ones but the "modern" Vette is state of the art in my book.

rk

OK well, when you get a chance, u enlist in the military and come overseas for 24 months. Then you can sit in hummer or dfp and deside what stupid ass shit you want to post on the internet to folks.

Come on dude get real! 2 totally dif cars yes...do I like them both yes. I have sit in both, I have driven both...whats your point. Im reading about the NSX and getting to know folks that own them while I make up my mind. That alright with you?

This post OK

OK well, when you get a chance, u enlist in the military and come overseas for 24 months. Then you can sit in hummer or dfp and deside what stupid ass shit you want to post on the internet to folks.

Come on dude get real! 2 totally dif cars yes...do I like them both yes. I have sit in both, I have driven both...whats your point. Im reading about the NSX and getting to know folks that own them while I make up my mind. That alright with you?
This not OK. You have a grand total of less than 10 posts, I looked at your profile, not much there, but loved your e-mail address, is there some hidden meaning there? You attack one of the members who has given a tremendous amount of time, advice and solid contributions to this community, so no, it's not alright with me. If you're serving our country overseas, I thank you for your service and hope that you come home safely, and maybe pick up some wisdom and maturity along the way!

Greetings

What is not exotic about a Z06 corvette? Let's see, an aluminum frame -- similar to an NSX. Titanium connecting rods -- similar to an NSX. Dry sump engine -- Wait, an NSX doesn't have one of those. It weighs 3132 pounds -- 1421 KG -- similar to an NSX. Front fenders are made of carbon fiber. It has an alloy engine.

I like the Z06. I own an NSX. Either both are or both aren't exotics. I would not want the pot calling the kettle black.

Cheers,
Martin

When you see an exotic your heart jumps and your completed overwhelemed with a silly smile. When you sit in an Exotic you know right away its special. When you pull up in a congested intersection full of pedestrians you will know right away if what your driving is an exotic or just another fast car.

Back