Yellow Rose vs. Netviper

Status
Not open for further replies.
isellpower said:
NetViper, live up to your screen name and go buy a GTS. There's one on Viper Alley with 25K miles with minor paint work needed for 35K. Stock it will destroy your pain in the arse BBSC car. Pro turbo system has a TT kit for 12K including AEM and wa-la 800 reliable HP. Keep that until the next gen NSX becomes affordable then show up here again.

So the solution to the reliability problem with an FI NSX is an FI salvaged Viper? I can smell the reliability from here. I am not saying there are not good reasons to buy a Viper, but I hardly think a TT Viper is ultimate daily driver.

MiamiMermaid said:
That'z HOT! :tongue:

Yeah if you're in prison!! :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

This whole thing is a shame.

It is a shame that Dave's car blew up so soon after he took delivery.

It is a shame that even though Andy seems to have provided some restitution (qualified) that this thread continues.

It is a shame that ppl have attacked Dave regarding this; there has not been a single individual on PRIME that has been more helpful to me. I suspect that many of us can make the same claim and I recognize that PRIME has applauded Dave previously.

It is a shame that the reasons the gasket blew seem to be somewhat ambiguous. It could be either mechanical issues which may have been avoided if more robust parts were used upfront, it could have been simple crap luck, it could have been less than optimal engine mgmt. Regardless the cause, no claim of warranty is pretty clear.

What I find most upsetting is all of you posting that Dave should get a different car. Dave - DO NOT GET A DIFFERENT CAR. Stick this one through and make it right. Its a crap situation, but hopefully the car is exactly the car you want when it ends.

And all you ppl who are flaming Dave - think of it this way.

You go to buy an out of town NSX. You fly in. Get it inspected. It passes with flying colors being a mint NSX that has been well care for. You hand over the check. Start out on your drive home and less than 2 hrs later, your engine blows up. That is essentially what happened here.

Two Corrections

SPA_S2000 said:
It is a shame that Dave's car blew up so soon after he took delivery.

You go to buy an out of town NSX. You fly in. Start out on your drive home and less than 2 hrs later, your engine blows up.

SPA - you are wrong on these two accounts.

1 - the engine did not blow up, it just doesn't run as perfectly as it had in the past. Before you start, please don’t try to justify how "not running right" is the same as “it blew up" because they are not the same.

2 - it was NetViper's decision to have the car trucked from me to him. Per his posts herein on PRIME, the engine ran just fine for approximately one week before the engine developed problems. Yet it was almost two more weeks after that before I received contact from him that something was amiss.

Last edited:
Re: Two Corrections

Yellow Rose said:
2 - it was NetViper's decision to have the car trucked from me to him. Per his posts herein on PRIME, the engine ran just fine for approximately one week before the engine developed problems. Yet it was almost two more weeks after that before I received contact from him that something was amiss.

Time is not important. The car was not driven much the first two weeks. It was 120 miles before it started smoking and I made contact that day.

Anyway, I am hoping to get the car up and running fully this Thursday.

This thread has gone on long enough.

Last edited:
I can be an a$$ from time to time, but geez there are some dickheads on this forum now. I'm a 3 time NSX owner and it has been going down hill for the last couple of years. Just reading this thread makes me shake my head in shame.
Good luck Dave on getting the car up and running. I am sure AV is not losing sleep over this so try and move on.

Re: Impression of "stunning" AEM tune on BBSC NSX

Sockeye said:
Let me know if you two are going to NSXPO (NetViper ,MiamieNeSeX).The drama of this exchange might be enough to take the plunge and go. :biggrin:

NSXPO 2006 yes ring side seats still available :)

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
NSXPO 2006 yes ring side seats still available :)

Armando

im bringing the POPCORN :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

Hope you won't be too hungry cause it won't last long. :biggrin:

Armando, did you ever run your car with a 10lbs pulley? I am going to have mine tuned at 10 this weekend and I am wondering where I should be HP wise.

"In the red corner we have Net "I can't wait to meet you" Viper wearing red trunks with silver lining...in the blue corner we have Armando "My BBSC KICKS YOUR A$$" Colls wearing white trunks with Mark Basch's likeness emblazoned on the rear..."

God that was a horrid visual...sorry for that guys.

Gentleman we want a clean fight, no punching during the clinches, no low blows...oh wait...it may be too late for that one... :biggrin:

TampaBayNSX-R said:
"In the red corner we have Net "I can't wait to meet you" Viper wearing red trunks with silver lining...in the blue corner we have Armando "My BBSC KICKS YOUR A$$" Colls wearing white trunks with Mark Basch's likeness emblazoned on the rear..."

God that was a horrid visual...sorry for that guys.

Gentleman we want a clean fight, no punching during the clinches, no low blows...oh wait...it may be too late for that one... :biggrin:

LOL :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:

I am bringing the 40 weight oil and plastic tarp. Jello is just too tame for these two:D

NetViper said:
How safe do you think it would be to do a car at 12lbs with the aftercooler and low compression?

Define "safe" in that question.

Perhaps the question should be, "What should the total timing advance be at 12lbs with the aftercooler and low compression on a 95 °F day with 93 octane gasoline?"

Yellow Rose said:

Safe: To be able to reliably run the car as a daily driver and on the track with repeated runs to redline and not explode.

Yellow Rose said:

Perhaps the question should be, "What should the total timing advance be at 12lbs with the aftercooler and low compression on a 95 °F day with 93 octane gasoline?"

Also, when the head gasket went, it was closer to 75F.

NetViper said:
Safe: To be able to reliably run the car as a daily driver and on the track with repeated runs to redline and not explode.

And for how long? Keep in mind that the engine experienced problems 2-1/2 years after being rebuilt. On an 8000 RPM engine in a daily driver that visited the track, I'd say the "reliability window" of thirty months is reasonable for an FI'ed engine.

Yellow Rose said:
And for how long? Keep in mind that the engine experienced problems 2-1/2 years after being rebuilt. On an 8000 RPM engine in a daily driver that visited the track, I'd say the "reliability window" of thirty months is reasonable for an FI'ed engine.

No comment.

NetViper said:
I am going to have mine tuned at 10 this weekend and I am wondering where I should be HP wise.

Your engine will make whatever your tuner sets it up for.

It has been said many times that the fuel map needs to maintain a certain air-fuel ratio under boost. Once this is achieved there is nothing else to do to the fuel map.

Next is the timing map. The total advanced timing should be aggressive to the point that after a pull, the plugs are "read" by an experienced tuner. The color of the ceramic should be tan and there should be no specs of aluminum fused onto the insulator.

The two above parameters are inter-related to each other with respect to ambient air temperature, gasoline octane, altitude, etc.

What does all this mean? Your horsepower will be what it is. You cannot compare two similar setups (for example Mr. Miami) because he has methanol spray which puts his engine in a different league than yours. But as a starting point, you should be at +/- 383 RWHP.....a dyno sheet was provided.

The play by play

Orlando, FL
NSXPO 2006
AP

Former welterweight king "The NetViper" took another step on the comeback trail by registering a tenth round TKO over tough Yellow Rose (aka AndyV), in a junior middleweight encounter.

The former WBC 147-pound champion NetViper (37-2, 28 KO's) has struggled to remain active over the last two years following surgery to repair both his damaged left shoulder and elbow. However, NetViper was back on target and firing on all cylinders (until they blew) in blasting out Yellow Rose (18-4, 8 KO's) in the final round.

The fight was not without controversy after both men exchanged shots just before the final knockdown. Yellow Rose (154) appeared to have stunned the ex-champ with a solid right hand to the chin, as NetViper, Atlanta, Georgia returned fire and missed before stumbling to the canvas.

NetViper (154) scrambled to his feet as referee Lud signaled that there was "no knockdown." The former world champion then sprinted back across the ring and nailed Yellow Rose, who was walking away from the neutral corner with his head and hands down.

NetViper, 34 dropped Yellow Rose, with two brutal left hooks to the face and the junior middleweight from Durango, Colorado crumbled to the floor coming to rest on the ring apron halfway underneath the ropes. ...

Attachments

• agony.jpeg
    agony.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
R O T F L M A O

You mention Lud as the referee, overseeing the two boxers NV and YR. Forgot another character lurking in the shadows that coached these athletes.....their trainer. The trainer that invigorates the engine of a well oiled fighting machine. The trainer that supervises and indulges the weight lifting program to develop the strongest punch (also known as horsepower) to decimate the opponent. But wait, in the boxing world, don't two fighters have different trainers? That's odd, how can MB train both YR and then NV? :smile:

Yellow Rose said:
But you just did.

Ok. Here is my comment. If you thought the motor would only be good for 2.5 years, it would have been nice of you to tell me that before I bought it -- as it indeed only did last 2.5 years. Thats all. The motor is now stronger than it ever was with the cometics and ARP head studs.

Andy, it sounds like you miss your car. You can buy it back at any time. I think you enjoyed it a lot more than me. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back