Would you choose the NSX or the GTR?

NSX or GTR?

• NSX

Votes: 60 60.0%
  • GTR

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
NSX definitely has the looks. The GT-R interior is not pleasing to me. But I need the head room the NSX lacks. For now, I'll vote GT-R.

I choose NSX. It may not have the same performance as new GTR but that is what the aftermarket is for.

You think an evo is more fun to drive than a 2005 NSX? wow.... I have driven my friend's evo and I can't even begin to equate the two cars. He owns an evo and always wants to drive my car.

You are putting the NSX down because it has no "paddles"??? You mean like that mistubishi outlander? :confused: Why did you even keep your NSX for five years? And I don't mean this in any insulting way, I am just curious... if you hated the car so much why are you on nsxprime years after having sold your NSX?

I sold the nsx due to making it keep up with the newer higher HP cars it would cost 25k. It was not a bad car at all I just like my evo better and am on my 2nd evo. I did look at the NSX but it just is not that exciting again, maybe it's the turbo rush, maybe the TQ it makes or just having a car I dont have to worry about. I even looked at the F360, GT2, CGT, and about 20 other cars but ended up with a evo.

I sold the nsx due to making it keep up with the newer higher HP cars it would cost 25k. It was not a bad car at all I just like my evo better and am on my 2nd evo. I did look at the NSX but it just is not that exciting again, maybe it's the turbo rush, maybe the TQ it makes or just having a car I dont have to worry about. I even looked at the F360, GT2, CGT, and about 20 other cars but ended up with a evo.

You must not have looked at the CGT too seriously. I mean, c'mon.

I'm sorry, but this car is not ugly.

nissan_gtr04.jpg

I even looked at the F360, GT2, CGT, and about 20 other cars but ended up with a evo.

I am sorry I think you must be the only person on the planet that would take a Mistubishi over a $450,000 Porsche CGT.

I am sorry I think you must be the only person on the planet that would take a Mistubishi over a $450,000 Porsche CGT.

Sam Walton? :smile:

All the initial pictures of the GTR had the black intake ports under the headlamps flanking the radiator openning. That went away and the car instead got a decidedly wimpy look. That detail made the whole front end... and then I am sure some corporate dude axed it. Now the car is OK. Its good, nothing great as far as looks.

Before the official pictures came out, I thought the GTR was way too ugly but I have to admit that comparing the official one with the prototype, it looks so much better. I love the tail-light. I'd still go with NSX tho :biggrin:

Went out to see the GTR at the Tokyo Motor show, it is certainly the star of this years show, couldnt get near it and had to fight to the front, even the upstairs balcony looking down on it was absolutely packed. Anyway, I would have to describe it as better in the flesh that in the photo's but still I would go for the NSX as it is a much more beautiful machine to look at and having driven a few of the older skylines GTRs I took still an taken an NSX over them.

Very interesting thing I found out yesterday that I didnt know, In Japan they have a 180 KMH speed limit on all home produced cars (I knew that) but the GTR when it is at any track will by verifying is location with GPS automatically take away this limit while at the track (they have the locations of Suzuka, Fuji speedway, Tsukuba + many others loaded) - how cool is that, maybe cooler not to have the limit at all but will stop everyone messing with the computers etc which is what you have to do now to get around the limit on all other cars including the JDM NSX.

Anyway, my vote is on the 2005 NSX!

I'm really curious on how the GTR's sitting position is like. Is it going to be like G35 with high dash???

I think a NSX with CTSC will be sufficient enough to run with the GTR, but it's always that newer styling/toy that attracts people.

Wait till it hits the show room, test drive one to see if it's worth the hype. I suspect extreme high mark up...

Demo of the video display in action (2 minutes in):

<embed src="http://www.veoh.com/videodetails2.swf?player=videodetailsembedded&type=v&permalinkId=v1482606WGb9R3FM&id=anonymous" allowFullScreen="true" width="540" height="438" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br/><a href="http://www.veoh.com/">Online Videos by Veoh.com</a>

Very impressive car......I think pretty much best bang for the buck for what it offers like the Corvette. I think they could have done better with the front end design. Looks like only turbo NSX's with 500hp or more will be able to run with it.

The data display is incredible. I'd love to have that info available on my NSX.

It's enough to make me overlook the aesthetics of the car in general.

NSX, but the GTR is going to be a very powerful impressive car when released... I think we should all be ready for that!

Back