Would ya trade your NSX for a 348 TB ?

Can I see some more pics of the 928?

Sure, why not, Nowhere in the rules does it say I can't hi-jack my own thread! LOL
Only have a couple of pics here at home, so here goes. I had 2, an 86.5 S 5sp and a 87 928 S4. The S4 was my wifes and was wrecked parked in a parking lot unattended.
8178_.jpg

S4
8189_.jpg

S
8209_.jpg

The S4 now
8220_.jpg

8221_.jpg

Lets not forget -- that black Ferrari POS looks like KIT from Knight Rider. Bridge & Tunnel anyone?

Sounds like someone used to live in Manhattan :)

GregZ, do you collect cars from the 80's and early 90's? Nice collection.

To keep this thread on topic, I would not trade my NSX for a 348. I think trading for a Ferrari might be cool on a temporary basis. Anything more and I would become paranoid about maintenance and unexpected repair costs. There's a certain piece of mind that comes with the NSX: being able to take that turn at xx mph, being able to merge into traffic with ease, and most importantly (for me), knowing that the car will start up the next day for another relaxation session.

-Brian.

I think the NSX matched or beat the 348 in more categories when it came out with perhaps the exception of "rawness".

Owning Ferrari's can be expensive but the $1,200 oil change posts are ridiculous. Figure $250 for oil changes on a V8 car. Most luxury cars are close to $100 for oil changes now if you go to the dealership for service.

The pictures of the 928 S4 with the wounded nose are heartbreaking. :frown:

I hope you guys will be able to fix her up and have her back on the road again. That is too nice of a car not to be on the road.

The pictures of the 928 S4 with the wounded nose are heartbreaking. :frown:

I hope you guys will be able to fix her up and have her back on the road again. That is too nice of a car not to be on the road.

Yelp, she WILL LIVE.
Sold her to a local 930 owner with a good title!
http://forums.rennlist.com/

Personally, I would consider it if the offer was for a F355.

However, you only live once. Go for it. If you don't like it then get rid of it.

There was a reply in the Fchat thread... lol...

"Btw a good 348 is very reliable! i know people that made trips from Germany to Portugal only stoping for gas and no problems at all!"

LOL woooow very impressive.

"Have fun with your "v-tach""

I'm probably going to have more fun indeed.

"If you are even asking whether to compare a rice burner of ANY vintage with a Ferrari, then you don't understand Ferraris."

That's it, I've given them up now :biggrin: :biggrin:

348--NO
355--NO
360--Yes

The NSX draws more attention than our 360M out front of our shop. Go figure...

I knew I would regret posting those links.................
(But it did seem on topic)

Of all the boards, that one really stands out............

One stupid post after another................

I can't imagine all the preparation and concern getting ready for a 400 - 500 mile drive......
Then boasting about it if it was a success......
That comment alone should help a great deal with your decision.

To each his own.

"Owning a ferrari is everybody's dream"

Right........

Most of my friends that have owned them look back at the experience as more of a nightmare.

I can't imagine all the preparation and concern getting ready for a 400 - 500 mile drive......
Then boasting about it if it was a success......

Ya rly. NSX preparation for a 500 mile drive: Get in car. Turn key. Go.

...Plus, the Ferrari market...F355...early model cars with over 30,000 miles.

F355 w/ over 30K miles...those are pretty much ready for the crusher aren't they? :biggrin: :tongue: Kidding...I might get into one eventually...or maybe just wait and get a 360.

Also, no on the trade for the 348. It will be more issues than you want to deal w/ and eventually you will find yourself looking to sell it to get back into an NSX.

nsxprime isn't exactly a saint either ... we talk similarly about rx-7s, supras, corvettes, wrx's, etc. we should get off our high horse.

it's true that many of the fchatters are misinformed about the nsx. but to be fair, so are many primers about ferraris. i hear a lot of smack talk about reliability from people who've never even sat in a ferrari. their entire opinion is based on what they've heard from someone who has a friend who once had a 308. i've owned 3 nsx's and i'm currently on my 2nd ferrari. the twin turbo'd nsx was the only car i ever had issues with. believe it or not, the majority of ferrari owners experience trouble-free ownership.

btw, i'm nsxnick on fchat... and i'm a staunch supporter of the nsx there.

As a group, I find the guys at ferrarichat to be at least as fair and objective about the NSX as we are about Ferrari.

I can even understand the "If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand" attitudes. Hell, I dealt with Harley Davidson fans since the 60's who have the same attitude. It's okay, I don't agree with them, but that doesn't make all of them elitist arseholes.

I generally enjoy ferrarichat threads when they are linked from here.

I was thinking today about this thread. A few years ago you could not trade your NSX for a 348 close to straight up. Today you can trade your NSX for a 348 close to straight up. That says something about value right there now doesn't it.

Is that what the 355 stands for :)?

I think you are on to something. I've always suspected that is the secret Ferrari Formula- for their road cars you simply divide the model number by 24 to see the real-world operable days in-between complete tear-downs. If it's the challenge version then simply convert the results to engine hours.

Applying that... with a 308/348 you get to drive 12.83 to 14.5 days a year, the 355 you get 14.7, and if you really want to stretch for the 360 or a 430 you see 15 to 17.91 respectively. Yes, it has certainly gotten better over the years like they say.

But... see, this is why I can't have an F50... it's like 2.08. :wink:

Last edited:
I think you are on to something. I've always suspected that is the secret Ferrari Formula- for their road cars you simply divide the model number by 24 to see the real-world operable days in-between complete tear-downs. If it's the challenge version then simply convert the results to engine hours.

Applying that... with a 308/348 you get to drive 12.83 to 14.5 days a year, the 355 you get 14.7, and if you really want to stretch for the 360 or a 430 you see 15 to 17.91 respectively. Yes, it has certainly gotten better over the years like they say.

John you a scaring me man.

Pretty funny John, but I guess that's why us NSX owners are a bunch of nerds. I wonder what it feels like to be as cool as a twentysomething guy big ballin' it up to the nightclub in a $40k Ferrari F348??! Wow. :rolleyes:

NSXNick...great stuff. I love F355s too. As long as I can have 7 of them as daily drivers. :tongue:

Haha yeah, I was in Manhattan before Miami...nice catch!

"I wonder what it feels like to be as cool as a twentysomething guy big ballin' it up to the nightclub in a $40k Ferrari F348??! Wow. "

"We can all dream."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"You only live once................Get a Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy a Honda to mow the lawn with. End of Discussion!"

Funny! bought a Honda mower 8 years ago. Damn thing still starts on the 1st pull. LOL LOL {Cause you only live once!)

"I wonder what it feels like to be as cool as a twentysomething guy big ballin' it up to the nightclub in a $40k Ferrari F348??! Wow. "

"We can all dream."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"You only live once................Get a Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy a Honda to mow the lawn with. End of Discussion!"

Funny! bought a Honda mower 8 years ago. Damn thing still starts on the 1st pull. LOL LOL {Cause you only live once!)

My Honda push mower finally gave up the ghost this spring. :frown: It just would not start.

Back