Which color did you choose and why?

I know that color choice is a personal preference but could you tell me the reasoning behind your choice in color? I have always strongly preferred silver, but lately, I have been considering Long Beach Blue or even Yellow. What do you guys think about these colors? Do you think yellow is too flashy? I have to admit, yellow looks gorgeous on the NSX but do you think it may become tiresome? Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

I chose black because nothing looks better then black when it is clean. The only problem is that it is a B@#!H to keep clean, but well worth it. I never liked silver seems too ordinary for a car like the NSX Blue and Yellow looks hot. Whatever color you pick will look good on the NSX. :biggrin:

I chose black cause its the best on a NSX. :tongue:

Black is my normal choice for most cars cause every car I've bought has been black except for my 72 Vette (black not OEM Color). Some cars just look better in other colors though (Viper GTS Blue).

I like LBB or silver on a NSX too though so that'd be my choice of the ones you mentioned.

I bought red as a second choice behind yellow. Yellow looks fantastic on exotics in general including the NSX. Look at a yellow Gallardo. Wow.

But yellow was hard to find, and seemed to command a premium. So I bought red instead.

Black is hard to keep clean and in Texas very hot in the summer. Black can be spectacular on an NSX, especially with the right wheel.

Silver is a "nice" color, but a bit of a background color instead of a foreground color. Way too many Porsches, M-B, and BMW are silver. Silver hides dirt very well.

White looks good on an NSX. I think of Lotus Esprit when I think of white exotics and I would have bought a white one. Tinted windows are particularly good on white cars and of course they don't show dirt as much.

I have never seen a green or blue NSX in person. I didn't find any for sale that met my criteria.

I cannot ever consider orange of any shade because burnt orange is the color of the University of Texas.

Green chose me.

In other words, it was the first NSX that met all my criteria, none of which were color. I would have been just as happy with any color.

This is a ridiculous post, color is a personal choice, it would be the end of the story, except, Yellow is the fastest color. Buy what YOU like-R

I have two favorite colors for cars: red and silver. For the NSX I felt it looked best in a loud color such as red or yellow. Silver is classy, but I didn't feel that it was the right color the NSX. If you want to blend in, get a silver NSX. If you like attention, get a bright and loud color.

Psychobiology said:
. For the NSX I felt it looked best in a loud color such as red or yellow. Silver is classy, but I didn't feel that it was the right color the NSX. If you want to blend in, get a silver NSX. If you like attention, get a bright and loud color.

I agree!!!:smile:

As you stated it boils down to personal preference but as bodypainter mentioned I, too, would've been happy with any color. Condition, maintenence history and mileage were my top criterias before color. To me there really is no bad OEM NSX color. But you really have to experience seeing them in person to fully appreciate the beauty of these cars. Fortunately for me black was my first choice. It is the hardest color to keep clean but it wasn't an issue because I love cleaning the car. There's nothing more gorgeous than a gleaming black car at night... kinda makes you weak in the knees.:biggrin:

RPM217 said:
This is a ridiculous post, color is a personal choice, it would be the end of the story, except, Yellow is the fastest color. Buy what YOU like-R
So you think that because this post is asking for a personal opinion, it's ridiculous? :confused:

As far as yellow being the fastest color, that is debatable.... http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/DidYouKnow.htm

In the year 2000, I was looking for a '97 white NSX because all my cars have been white. I just like white cars. But when I was searching for my first NSX, I saw a yellow 2000 for sale at a very good price with only 2400 miles and 3 months old. I decided to go look at it even though it was a little more than I wanted to spend. On the way to the car, I kept thinking to myself that the yellow color was going to look like crap. As soon as the owner opened the garage door, it was my favorite color.

bodypainter said:
Green chose me.

In other words, it was the first NSX that met all my criteria, none of which were color. I would have been just as happy with any color.

Yup....that's how it went down for me. I'm just happy I got the fastest color.
:wink:

Blend in?!? This car doesn't blend in with any other kinds, except exotics which are rarely seen. Yes, he should choose the best color for him.

DRIFTER said:
Until they get pulled over. :rolleyes:

:biggrin:

I chose black as a low profile shade and for its dressed look. White would have been another preferred choice, but no low mileage ones were available when I was looking.

Paul91 said:
Blend in?!? This car doesn't blend in with any other kinds, except exotics which are rarely seen. Yes, he should choose the best color for him.

I'm sorry, but the color silver blends in (the car itself does not). Even on exotic cars, the color doesn't immediately catch your eye. I would probably see a bright yellow Mazda 3 before seeing a silver NSX on the highway. Of course once you do see the car, the silver really accentuates the nice lines of the NSX.

My car has to spend a lot of time parked outdoors, so silver hides the dirt longer. I would absolutely LOVE to own a white NA2, but needless to say they are just so darn hard to find. *sigh* Perhaps in another few years.

first of all, all NSX's look good in any color...:cool:

But I was obsessed with getting a Sebring Silver, but couldn't wait for one to come to market so I settled on a black/black on my first one and loved it(except for washing it twice a week)...After I sold it, I searched for months before I found the elusive SS and now I'm happy as can be:biggrin:

I like red and black NSX's but they are by far the most common color you'll see, so get what YOU want, if you can find it:redface:

If I could have my choice, it would be either silver or blue w/black interior. The search continues...

I picked silver because I like the late model color matched interiors offered by Acura (2004, 2005). Red/Red, Blue/Blue, Imola/Imola, and Silverstone/Silver.

I love the perfectly matched interior of my car to the body color. Its what makes this NSX kind of unique.

The wheels are silver and and I think silver/silver looks well matched.

The NSX is a "look at me" car with its styling, I didn't want a "look at me color" on top of that. I like flying low, and the car looks sleek in silver even if it does not attract attention... or rather "as much attention" because let me tell you, driving an NSX around is not exactly stealthy. The thing's low slung height immediately makes people look.

I must say I do like all the colors and would own any one, everytime I see another NSX color like Imola or LBBP I think "wow that looks great".

Blue/Blue rules! but don't buy that combo as I want them rare:biggrin:

Silver is a great color for these cars. I like the Imola Orange obviously. I think it looks exotic. I think yellow has been done to death. Especially since there are yellow S2000's running around all over the place now. And Red and Black are obviously around every corner. I guess I just wanted something I wouldn't see too many of. I don't see many green or orange NSX's, and orange is my fav color.

Back