Which color did you choose and why?

You people got to choose a color? :eek: Mine only came in new formula red... :biggrin:

Senninha said:
I think the NSX looks good in all OEM colors. Rather than prioritising what color I wanted, I decided what color I couldn't live with, which for me was red (sorry to the red fans).

After that it was a case of finding the one with the right history/condition. Luckily for me it was one of my favourite colours, Magnum Grey Pearl. Almost as hard to keep as Black.

As for the jet fighter bit ........ :wink:

regards

Great pic....could you post some more pics please:cool: ...I don't think that color was ever offered in the States:confused:

My choices were either Silver or White. Silver mainly because its not too flashy but has elegance at the same time, white because I always liked the JDM look.

I chose black because it looks gangster! :biggrin:

While I love black cars, I chose silver for my NSX because I think you can see the subtle lines of a NSX better with silver. You can't see the curves on the black cars. Same problem with the really bright colors, they obviate the subtle curves. And yes, silver is much easier to keep clean. I have a black SL55, and it is impossible to keep clean.

It's been scientifically proven, BLACK is the FASTEST color.

I read it somewhere either on the net, playboy, penthouse or hustler, etc. Anyhow, it has to do with bobsledding. Can't recall exact details so I'll do my best. An olympic bobsled champion was hired years after his retirement to coach a new bobsled team. He knew the competition would be tough and wins were thousandths of a second or less. These were the world's best and he needed an edge. So he used every resource he could to figure out how to get faster and still be within the olympic rules. One discovery he found, was that BLACK was the fastest color. I can't recall in what properties but I'm certain it does have to do with it's ability to absorb light or heat or something.

Anyone else run across this article?

TURBO2GO said:
No car's shape reminds me more of a fighter jet's than an NSX and

FIGHTER JETS ARE SILVER!!!
:biggrin:
Not since the "Century Series". TPS (tactical paint scheme) (at least NAVY Fighters) are haze gray!
You flash, you die!
Speed is life, keep your knots up!

KooLaid said:
It's been scientifically proven, BLACK is the FASTEST color.

I read it somewhere either on the net, playboy, penthouse or hustler, etc. Anyhow, it has to do with bobsledding. Can't recall exact details so I'll do my best. An olympic bobsled champion was hired years after his retirement to coach a new bobsled team. He knew the competition would be tough and wins were thousandths of a second or less. These were the world's best and he needed an edge. So he used every resource he could to figure out how to get faster and still be within the olympic rules. One discovery he found, was that BLACK was the fastest color. I can't recall in what properties but I'm certain it does have to do with it's ability to absorb light or heat or something.

Anyone else run across this article?
I haven't seen that article, but I do remember back when the IROC Racing Series first started. They had several identically tuned cars (different colors) and the drivers would pull a color out of a hat (or something like that.) The Black car won a HUGE number of times... so they eliminated the color.

91 X said:
Great pic....could you post some more pics please:cool: ...I don't think that color was ever offered in the States:confused:

As far as I know it is a UK only color.....Here's a couple in different lighting conditions that really show how the color changes, plus one with the Type S rims.

regards

Paul

Last edited:
A unique car with a unique color. Monte Carlo Blue ('97-'99). I love this color! Black is too hard to keep clean, White shows dirt too easily, I'm not a Red person. I like the Blue, Yellow, & Silver. Had a chance to purchase a Blue, so I did. But it's all personal. People who see the Monte Carlo Blue in person really seem to like it but, it's what you like. Go to a meet and view the colors in person.

I have the definative answer...get the color that was originally displayed in the historic Acura commercial that showed all the Acura products parked at the bottom of a long winding road...and that color was black!!...It was the first time that myself and many others ever saw the Acura NSX!!

Happy New Year all

Dam

Back